• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

NeoRausch

Finally opened up my copy of this. I started a playthrough on Hard, but the zombies take so many hits.... Is there any worthwhile reason to play on Hard other than the challenge?

My advice woulld be to start on normal to unlock all the Combos and better stats. They make the game waaaaay easiier.
then play again on hard (or very hard) to complete the whole collectathon (lolliwrapper and named zombies)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
My advice woulld be to start on normal to unlock all the Combos and better stats. They make the game waaaaay easiier.
then play again on hard (or very hard) to complete the whole collectathon (lolliwrapper and named zombies)

I first played through the game on easy to max out Juliet's stats as much as possible. Currently doing a run on normal to get the remaining combos, before I'll do one on hard.

Slermy

Oh, okay. Does Very Hard unlock once you complete the game once? Or do you have to beat it on hard first?

Raonak

Banned
Looked at some videos, looks pretty neat.

haven't played any suda51 games, how compatible is it to dmc3/4 in terms of complexity or is it more like gow?

ShinAmano

Looked at some videos, looks pretty neat.

haven't played any suda51 games, how compatible is it to dmc3/4 in terms of complexity or is it more like gow?

Not at all like those. The combat is pretty weak and the story is lol. Basically if you like campy cheese with moderate at best gameplay and low replayability you will be ok here.

I enjoyed the game, but it is far from a good game when looking at gameplay.

Beat the game finally today, after not being home for a few weeks. Game was pretty awesome, definitely up there on the entertaining scale. I got the bad ending first, then went back and saved the one student I missed and then got the good ending. I'll definitely be screwing around in the score attack modes for a while because the game is enjoyable. Perfect combat flow still goes to Bayonetta but this is definitely fun for what it is.

The only thing I'm sad about is that you can't get the boss themes as BGM, at least I don't think so. Zed's theme is probably my favorite track in the game.

Beat the game finally today, after not being home for a few weeks. Game was pretty awesome, definitely up there on the entertaining scale. I got the bad ending first, then went back and saved the one student I missed and then got the good ending. I'll definitely be screwing around in the score attack modes for a while because the game is enjoyable. Perfect combat flow still goes to Bayonetta but this is definitely fun for what it is.

The only thing I'm sad about is that you can't get the boss themes as BGM, at least I don't think so. Zed's theme is probably my favorite track in the game.

Im sad too as I feel the boss themes are the best music in the game. Especially both of Zed's, Lewis and Killabilly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7DL331aSWw

So good.gif

Ridley327

Does anyone have any tips for beating Dad's score on stage 4? It seems like I'm struggling with Sparkle Hunting on that level with how spread out most of the enemy encounters are. Is there a point value that I should be at by the time I get to Josey?

Does anyone have any tips for beating Dad's score on stage 4? It seems like I'm struggling with Sparkle Hunting on that level with how spread out most of the enemy encounters are. Is there a point value that I should be at by the time I get to Josey?

In the 2D elevator game where you have to hop on 4 zombies just mess up the QTE and Sparkle hunt them. Since you have to complete the QTE to proceed the zombies will just keep respawning. I'm not sure how many points you should have when you reach Josey but I'd say about 10-12 sparkle hunts on those 4 zombies should be enough to get you over the hump.

EYEL1NER

Just now beat the game and loved it.
I know I started playing a little bit ago, like the beginning of last week. And it is a short game. But I ended up playing Max Payne MP, MW3, some Dead Space, and two different Spider-Man games in between Lollipop sessions. It stretched the game out for me and made me enjoy it more. Can't wait to play on harder difficulties too.

So far I am at 590 GS for the game. Still need to view the bad ending, get the achievement for the fucking gondola minigame, beat Dad's score on 3 more levels, and play on Very Hard.

I am still looking for the Ash and Jimmy Urine costumes if anyone knows anyone that wants to trade. Not because I have any other costumes I can trade them, but because I have been getting in touch with people on other sites who strictly want to trade and letting them know that the costumes are getting really hard to find now (probably since no one bought the game) and that if they can't find anything out there, to keep me in mind later.

Looking forward to unlocking more costumes. I just spent all my medals on the Busujima and SeaShell Bikini costumes after beating the game, but I like Mom's Costume the best so far.

In the 2D elevator game where you have to hop on 4 zombies just mess up the QTE and Sparkle hunt them. Since you have to complete the QTE to proceed the zombies will just keep respawning. I'm not sure how many points you should have when you reach Josey but I'd say about 10-12 sparkle hunts on those 4 zombies should be enough to get you over the hump.

ohhh thanks!

I see there's a trophy for beating a QTE at the edge of Vikke's ship, but what specifically do you have to do to get this trophy?

When Vikke splits into two parts, do NOT attack his legs. Don't attack them at all. Position yourself near the left edge of his ship, and eventually the legs will dropkick you over the boat. It might take a little while, but do not attack his legs, and simply be patient.

Eventually when you go over, a QTE will start.

Combichristoffersen

When Vikke splits into two parts, do NOT attack his legs. Don't attack them at all. Position yourself near the left edge of his ship, and eventually the legs will dropkick you over the boat. It might take a little while, but do not attack his legs, and simply be patient.

Eventually when you go over, a QTE will start.

Danke, mein herr :D Will do that one tonight.

Ridley327

Oh wow, I didn't even think that you could abuse that part. I'll give that a shot.

Slermy

Finished this last night, Nick's writing/performance was so awesome. He really stole the show for me.

I played through on normal but I didn't get the good ending, and I'm pretty sure I saved everyone (always had 1/1, 8/8, etc. updates). Is there a way to check? The only ones I can think of that I missed were some in the beginning when I opted to save an SOS student and the other students/zombies despawned after I rescued the SOS guy.

Volcynika

Finished this last night, Nick's writing/performance was so awesome. He really stole the show for me.

I played through on normal but I didn't get the good ending, and I'm pretty sure I saved everyone (always had 1/1, 8/8, etc. updates). Is there a way to check? The only ones I can think of that I missed were some in the beginning when I opted to save an SOS student and the other students/zombies despawned after I rescued the SOS guy.

Open the menu in a level and hit square if you're on PS3, and X (I think) on the 360. It'll show you a list of people you've saved in each level.

Ridley327

1L702cfa.png

Aaaaaand done.

Outside of the Gondola mini-game and spamming Nick Tickets, this was actually a pretty fun set of trophies to go through. I actually liked that they even doubled up on them when it came to ranking mode bonuses.

Combichristoffersen

As if the gondola climb isn't terrible, shit and annoying in itself, trying to get the 'no shots fired' trophy makes me want to ram Juliet's chainsaw up Suda's ass.

Slermy

As if the gondola climb isn't terrible, shit and annoying in itself, trying to get the 'no shots fired' trophy makes me want to ram Juliet's chainsaw up Suda's ass.

Yeah, I tried for a solid half-hour to 45 minutes on that. It wouldn't be so bad if the falling plants (?) weren't random.

Combichristoffersen

Yeah, I tried for a solid half-hour to 45 minutes on that. It wouldn't be so bad if the falling plants (?) weren't random.

I just got it. Took me like 2 hours. Imagine the horror of having to listen to that fucking Human League song for two hours straight ._.

clear31

I just beat it and really enjoyed it. My only complaints are that it was very short and the camera at times was horrible. Other than that though I really enjoyed it. I do wish the family was included to be playable at times. Hopefully, there is a sequel but who knows

Combichristoffersen

Finished the game on normal, and have finished the prologue and chapter 1 on hard. Can you set the game difficulty to easy and still get the trophies for beating Dad's Score? If so, I think I'll do that just to get those trophies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finished the game on normal, and have finished the prologue and chapter 1 on hard. Can you set the game difficulty to easy and still get the trophies for beating Dad's Score? If so, I think I'll do that just to get those trophies.

Some zombies and lollipops only appear in Hard if you want to complete the unlockable lists.

Kazzy

I finally encountered the dreaded Gondola, what a pure 15 minutes of frustration that was. I managed to get the achievement though, and got away lightly, if the comments in here are anything to go by!

I resumed my playthrough just the other day and it really did pick up in the second stage. I'm really glad I stuck it out and decided to give this another shot, but I'm still dumbfounded at just how bad a first impression this game gives.

So after getting my 360 back from repairs, I decided to try and get back into the game.

Before my 360 went off to get fixed, I was up to the Zombie Baseball. I remember getting the shits with it.

I spent an hour just now trying to get past it again, and still cannot do it. I turn auto aim off cause it's so annoying when it locks onto someone on the other side of the field, and go manual.

I can generally make it to the 3rd run, but that's where I keep failing. 3 times tonight Nick has made it to the home plate but the second or so it takes to acknowledge you finished it, he gets killed. Twice by a guy with a bat that for some reason couldn't die when shooting him because he was right beside Nick.

Fuck these mini games are annoying, and really ruin the game for me :(

Ridley327

I know about the lollipops and zombies that only appear on hard, but to get the trophies specifically for beating Dad's Score, can you get them on easy?

Yes, you can, but you have to be a bit smarter about killing zombies on Easy since they're decapitated so much more easily, particularly in the stages where they don't have as many (prologue, 2, 4 and, 6).

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Oh man, picked this up the other day with no expectations, and am shocked at how good it is. I mean, yeah GAF seems to be creaming over it, but the reviews weren't so hot, and it was kinda looking like a prettier Onechanbara game.

Anyways I'm part way through the farm section, and can't wait to get some more playtime in tonight. It's like the perfect summer game, and yeah, it destroys Shadows of the Damned for me. Not that I didn't like SotD, this is just so much more fun, and with replay value.

Combichristoffersen

It hit me earlier today that the drawing of the zombie with the guitar, the one you see at the 'my best music' playlist selection screen, looks a lot like a specific drawing of a certain zombie celebrity..

Eddie-A-Real-Live-One.jpg

LogicStep

I rented the game, really fun so far and crazy. I have a question, I'm at the Highschool (just started) and I bought her first costume. I backed out to go to her house and wear it but when I went back I had to restart the whole stage of Highschool :/ Is there something I'm missing?

Ridley327

I rented the game, really fun so far and crazy. I have a question, I'm at the Highschool (just started) and I bought her first costume. I backed out to go to her house and wear it but when I went back I had to restart the whole stage of Highschool :/ Is there something I'm missing?

I think the game handles checkpoints in a way where you have to basically shut the game off in order to take advantage of them. Otherwise, it just assumes that you're done playing on that level.

It's not a huge deal, since the levels themselves rarely take more than 30 minutes to go through.

I think the game handles checkpoints in a way where you have to basically shut the game off in order to take advantage of them. Otherwise, it just assumes that you're done playing on that level.

It's not a huge deal, since the levels themselves rarely take more than 30 minutes to go through.
I found a pretty easy way around this. If you exit a level, change costumes, then just pick exit game on the map screen to go back to the title screen, start the game from there it pops up "Start at last check point?" and you go directly back into the level where you left off, wearing the new costume. Only takes a couple seconds to do.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Finished the game on normal the other day, and started a new game on hard. I absolutely HATE the birthday cake part! I had no issues with the baseball, basketball, or gondola, but that damn cake is a pain in the ass for me!

I was wondering how some of you get past that part? I've been dropping kicking zombies and then jumping and stabbing downward to polish them off, but there's got to be a better way. Once I get to like five zombies one always seems to manage to get me.

EYEL1NER

I really wish I could play this more.
It fucking locks up every time a level ends during the loading screen. Every time I finish a level, I never make it back to the results screen. I always have to hop up, go hit the power button a couple hundred times, and then reboot the game. Only to be able to play one level before having to restart the game again.

Uninstalled, installed...makes no difference.
More than likely it is my Slim that had a problem but I do not know what the problem could be and can't do anything about it at the moment. After I start my job next month I might just buy a new box.

Finished the game on normal the other day, and started a new game on hard. I absolutely HATE the birthday cake part! I had no issues with the baseball, basketball, or gondola, but that damn cake is a pain in the ass for me!

I was wondering how some of you get past that part? I've been dropping kicking zombies and then jumping and stabbing downward to polish them off, but there's got to be a better way. Once I get to like five zombies one always seems to manage to get me.

Gotta use her booty bump. It stuns them instantly so you can kill superfast.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Gotta use her booty bump. It stuns them instantly so you can kill superfast.

Thanks, I forgot all about that butt bump move, I'll have to give it a shot next time. Funny thing is I wound up beating the cake scene on hard on my first attempt last night. Also beat the baseball scene on my first attempt as well so phew, two areas I thought I might get stuck on are behind me.

dokish

Banned
I'm ready to party!

Played the prologue and OMFG, everything is so awesome! The soundtrack, the dialogue, the characters interaction, the menus, everything!

But why I didn't start from the last checkpoint when I quit and then choose Highschool again? I'm assuming that's because when I quit I "unequip" the goth costume that I was using? So I have to somehow select it again and then start the stage? (Otherwise the game won't 'recognize' it?)

Top Bottom