• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Didnt played the game as intended wohoo.
I'm surprised he was even as positive on it as he was.

Was I the only one that felt his "Suda's games have been getting easier to describe with fewer and fewer words" thing to be completely inaccurate and self-serving? Not to come across as a Lollipop defender or anything, but it did seem like a pointless... point to raise. You know, since he went out of his way to make it seem that way.

G.O.O.

Was I the only one that felt his "Suda's games have been getting easier to describe with fewer and fewer words" thing to be completely inaccurate and self-serving? Not to come across as a Lollipop defender or anything, but it did seem like a pointless... point to raise. You know, since he went out of his way to make it seem that way.
Suda didn't even direct the last two games. It's irrelevant.

tumblr_m4po0hDJMx1qeewyro1_500.jpg

Himself

So is the good ending "worth it"? I really enjoyed my first playthrough and I'll probably go back and enjoy the game for the sake of enjoying it (yeah, I'm old school), but is the good ending substantially better than the bad ending?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Finished the game two days ago. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it was still a very original and entertaining game. I hope they make a sequel, since Juliet mentioned having fought vampires, werewolves and yetis too.

Reading the profiles in the Zombie Album is hilarious.

Alexander was called "Mr.Awesome" by his friends for being a super nice guy, for his amazing six pack abs, and for the incredible blowjobs he gave his buddies.

Tobe once stabbed his mother in the thigh with a sharpened pencil when she forgot to DVR an episode of "Game of Thrones" for him.

Juan only loved one thing more than basketball: Dirty Sanchezes.

I'm surprised he was even as positive on it as he was.

It was said for comedic value, but it's absolutely true. Suda 51 badged games are quirky for the sake of being quirky, and the concepts are getting tired. I had a great time with lollipop chainsaw, but take away the quirkiness and all you're left with is a pedestrian brawler.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I lost all my progress in Chapter One, like, two weeks ago, and I don't have the motivation to play it again, still. Someone motivate me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
You've at least got to meet the rest of Juliet's family, man.
I just went and finished the level. The boss fight was amazing, the story actually started going somewhere AND it did save the moves I'd bought, so the extra run through the level meant more power ups, so I was happy. Glad I didn't just put it back in the pile.

remz

I lost all my progress in Chapter One, like, two weeks ago, and I don't have the motivation to play it again, still. Someone motivate me.

I sat and played through the game as fast as possible whenever I could after I bought it. It has rocky parts but the story is insanity, the gameplay is fun and I found the characters oddly charming

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm enjoying the writing!

Shame about the baseball section I just rage quit from.

remz

Yeah, I'm enjoying the writing!

Shame about the baseball section I just rage quit from.

When I played the game the first time I did it in one try and Nick barely got hit. When I tried to do it again for my brother I had 3 tries at it and I still couldn't get it. It's one of those sections like the Big Boner in Damned I guess. Someone told me to always shoot the pitcher first and that worked the first time sooooo

I was far more pissed off with goddamn zombie basketball. But then again, I've only done baseball once.
Basketball isn't so bad if you focus on taking out the defenders.... cheerleaders are annoying though

Yazuka

So far Baseball is my only complaint about this game. Sure basketball wasn't all that fun either, but better at least.
I've had tons of fun with the game and I'm loving it. I just wish they would have fleshed (haha) out the bosses a bit more. Like add more story to them.
Since I really enjoy them and would have loved to gotten more out of them.

Abylim

Plat'd this today, honestly I dont see the complaints. The gondola one was pretty shitty, but even then, maybe 20 minutes tops to get that trophy.
Awesome game, wish there was more. I still cant over Sasquatches being dicks!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to preview an attack before you buy it?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the baseball game on my first try when attempting it again. Weird. The boss fights in this game are awesome.

Combichristoffersen

What do I have to do to unlock the Children of Bodom, Dragonforce and boss music tracks (specifically for Zed and Lewis Legend) for purchase?

LiK

finished the game yesterday. loved it. and what's with the complaints with Zombie baseball that i kept hearing about? beat it first try and it was a piece of cake. was hoping it was longer actually. i liked it more than Zombie basketball.

already replayed some of it with the different costumes. good stuff.

What do I have to do to unlock the Children of Bodom, Dragonforce and boss music tracks (specifically for Zed and Lewis Legend) for purchase?

Getting A ranks on stages will unlock licensed music. You do not have to buy them after. Just try and beat Dad's Score on all stages in Ranking Mode and you'll unlock everything. I don't know exactly which stages unlock the specific tracks you want.

Combichristoffersen

Getting A ranks on stages will unlock licensed music. You do not have to buy them after. Just try and beat Dad's Score on all stages in Ranking Mode and you'll unlock everything. I don't know exactly which stages unlock the specific tracks you want.

Yeahhhhh I think I can just forget getting those songs then. The only stage I've beaten Dad's Score on was stage 5 (in normal mode, to boot), and that was purely accidental :lol

Yeahhhhh I think I can just forget getting those songs then. The only stage I've beaten Dad's Score on was stage 5 (in normal mode, to boot), and that was purely accidental :lol

It's actually not that bad. If you're just doing Dad's Score you can put the game on Easy, then just spam Sparkle Hunting and Holy Chainsaw as much as possible. If you do it on ranking though you'll have to try on Normal. Keep in mind as well that some music only unlocks after beating stages on Hard, without beating Dad's Score though.

Requirements to beat Dad's Score are here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/lo...lollipop-chainsaw-trophy-guide-roadmap-2.html

Combichristoffersen

It's actually not that bad. If you're just doing Dad's Score you can put the game on Easy, then just spam Sparkle Hunting and Holy Chainsaw as much as possible. If you do it on ranking though you'll have to try on Normal. Keep in mind as well that some music only unlocks after beating stages on Hard, without beating Dad's Score though.

Requirements to beat Dad's Score are here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/lo...lollipop-chainsaw-trophy-guide-roadmap-2.html

I couldn't even beat Dad's Score for the Prologue (ranking mode), may try again on normal mode with the game set on easy. Still need to grind zombie medals for the 'get all combos' trophy anyway.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hah. Crazy game. How do I get the good ending?

Finished this recently. I thought it was a lot of fun and kinda unpredictable, ie. you never know what crazy stuff is around the next corner.

The soundtrack is incredible, some amazing licensing choices.

I'm not compelled to keep playing after finishing it once, but that's OK. I briefly thought it would be cool to go for all the costumes, but then i just looked at them on youtube and felt like that was enough.

Real talk: Goddamn i want to play Killer7 again. The newer Suda games are fun and whatever, but forget about that noise. Killer7 is where it's at.

Aske

Amazing game. This is the first Grasshopper project that balances simplicity and unashamed gamey-ness with a deep, satisfying package. Combat is far more nuanced than I expected, and the upgrade and reward system is so satisfying. I felt that the flat level design and general lack of polish seen in No More Heroes overshadowed the fun in that game, and that Shadows of the Damned only faired a little better. Lollipop Chainsaw is their first game that finally proves the whole punk game design ethos can work. All the charm and style I've come to expect, but with a gaming backbone. I'll be playing this for a long time.

Slermy

Finally opened up my copy of this. I started a playthrough on Hard, but the zombies take so many hits.... Is there any worthwhile reason to play on Hard other than the challenge?

Top Bottom