• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw |OT| Nothing makes you forget about a bad E3 like a lollipop!

Chairhome

Got the game in today and started it off. I only made it through the prologue before needing to go out and get dinner but I love it. Then again I knew I would. Combat does seem harder than I thought it would, but I'm trying to use some of advice I've seen.

Do any costumes unlock before beating the game or only after?

And shit, I hope they release the pre-order suits. I know they said they have no plans to and that WB had a history. I just don't wanna pay out the ass on eBay for them. I did get the Foxy Funk or whatever costume for free on GameFAQS. But I want Bettie Page and Jimmy Urine bad. If I had the money at launch, I would have bought all three preorders and returned two copies but oh well.

If by Bettie Page, you mean the Rockabilly one, I'm selling my DLC code (360) for $5.

EYEL1NER

If by Bettie Page, you mean the Rockabilly one, I'm selling my DLC code (360) for $5.

I was hoping that I wouldn't want to buy them individually, but I see a new tweet every other day saying they are pre-order only. There has certainly been things for other games that never got released on the marketplace, so PM sent.

I got lucky and won one, so maybe I can track down the other three in the B/S/T thread and on the CAG marketplace.

EYEL1NER

So what are your favorite quotes or lines so far from the game?
I haven't made it too far yet, but I just finished the part in the school level where you jump on the heads and then the zombies explode.
"You're Already Dead.

I fucking lost it at that part.

maomaoIYP

So what are your favorite quotes or lines so far from the game?
I haven't made it too far yet, but I just finished the part in the school level where you jump on the heads and then the zombies explode.
"You're Already Dead.

I fucking lost it at that part.

She also says
"If it bleeds, I can kill it"
when you do that section.

I love the bit when Juliet asks Nick for his favorite color. I've heard it plenty of times now, and I still burst out laughing.

And shit, I hope they release the pre-order suits. I know they said they have no plans to and that WB had a history.

Hmm, looks like you guys up in the US got shafted huh? Mine is the japanese release, it contains all those costumes that were pre-order only. All are unlocked by default and available in the shop. Jimmy Urine, Goth, Pin-up, and a couple more, all are there.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Japan 1st Week Sales: 53,000 units on PS3 and 14,000 units on Xbox 360. Both systems saw a 77% sell-through.

EYEL1NER

I know it might be a lot to ask, but is there anyone who wants to compile a bunch of tips as a kind of 'Beginner's Guide' for the game? Maybe the OP would want to add it or something to his OP?
I would, but I just started the game and don't know shit. I'm still learning and would be one of the people benefiting from it.

I've been rereading a ton of the last pages looking for tips for combat and stuff though and a lot of it what I have seen is that people jump into combat and try to chainsaw it up and then get punished during lengthy attack start-ups. I'm sure there tips other than 'use the pom poms' that would be good for a noob or someone who just picked up the game.

My GF picked up the last copy at my local GAME yesterday, and they gave us 3 DLC codes that they happened to have left over (which was nice of them, for once). Ash, Funk and Jimmy Urine.

Only played the Prologue so far (I'm so close to finishing Arkham City that I don't want to commit to any other game yet), but what I did play I found tons of fun.

Looking forward to jumping in properly.

Vazra

I wonder what the cost to develop the game was. Does anyone know the overall sales for the game?

So far it seems its doing good in Japan. No idea about US or EU sales.

Also Suda games tend to be low budget for most of the time and Lollipop Chainsaw maybe had more budget due the music licensing maybe otherwise the game you can tell its not a huge budget.

Dear God. In may ranked playthrough for the International zombie hunter trophy I am hitting high in the world leader boards for Time Attack without even trying. First place on stage 4 Hard, third place on stage 3 Hard and eleventh on the first stage. Is this normal? Or are people not playing ranked at all?

Got my platinum trophy though.

I wish there was an easier way to herd zombies into Sparkle Hunting. Juliet does this weird soft lock onto the zombie closest to her, so any time I try to pom-pom a group of zombies into being dazed, she'll hit the zombie who just staggered closest to her.

So far it seems its doing good in Japan. No idea about US or EU sales.

Also Suda games tend to be low budget for most of the time and Lollipop Chainsaw maybe had more budget due the music licensing maybe otherwise the game you can tell its not a huge budget.
I hope so, the game deserves to be more than just break even.

I wish there was an easier way to herd zombies into Sparkle Hunting. Juliet does this weird soft lock onto the zombie closest to her, so any time I try to pom-pom a group of zombies into being dazed, she'll hit the zombie who just staggered closest to her.
I used combos that hit multiple targets. The overhead spin, armadillio something, a a x i think, and then ultimately, x x x x y y will hit multples for sparkle hunting

Vazra

Dear God. In may ranked playthrough for the International zombie hunter trophy I am hitting high in the world leader boards for Time Attack without even trying. First place on stage 4 Hard, third place on stage 3 Hard and eleventh on the first stage. Is this normal? Or are people not playing ranked at all?

Got my platinum trophy though.

Maybe most people are playing ranked score mode and not time mode.

XenoRaven

Just beat it yesterday and got the good ending. Overall it was pretty fun! I'm glad I got it. I was surprised at how much stuff becomes unlockable when you beat the game. I'm definitely going to give it a few more playthroughs. For my first Suda games it was really enjoyable. I'm going to move on to Shadows of the Damned next.

LMAO at stage 4. I got flashbacks to why I hated games in the early 80's.

Pacman, Space Invaders etc...none of them were for me and all these mini games are hammering that home, haha. :p

Himself

Holy shit are you fucking kidding me. Is zombie baseball the most broken game mechanic of the generation? Why does the auto aim force me to the opposite of where I want my aim to be? This is giving me flashbacks of the insufferable red dead redemption.

Holy shit are you fucking kidding me. Is zombie baseball the most broken game mechanic of the generation? Why does the auto aim force me to the opposite of where I want my aim to be? This is giving me flashbacks of the insufferable red dead redemption.

Sheesh, again? Turn off auto-aim under the options. The baseball game is ridiculously easy.

Himself

Sheesh, again? Turn off auto-aim under the options. The baseball game is ridiculously easy.

Haha didn't realize this was a recurrent problem...I've been avoiding the thread/spoilers.

What worked for me was just never letting off the aim button. Beat it on my first try after adjusting my strategy. Didn't even realize there was an option.

Back to enjoying the game.

EYEL1NER

I hate to post since it might ruin my chances to get selected for one, but I will not be selfish. Maybe karma will pay off.

Anyway, this site is giving away Foxy Funk, Jimmy Urine, and Ash costumes. An abundance of codes apparently.
http://www.chaoshour.com/articles/feature/lollipop-chainsaw-dlc-skins-free-giveaway

Gotta tweet a message and follow them.
I'm hoping to get a Jimmy Urine code from 'em. Maybe someone that has these could win some and sell 'em or trade.

Vazra

I hate to post since it might ruin my chances to get selected for one, but I will not be selfish. Maybe karma will pay off.

Anyway, this site is giving away Foxy Funk, Jimmy Urine, and Ash costumes. An abundance of codes apparently.
http://www.chaoshour.com/articles/feature/lollipop-chainsaw-dlc-skins-free-giveaway

Gotta tweet a message and follow them.
I'm hoping to get a Jimmy Urine code from 'em. Maybe someone that has these could win some and sell 'em or trade.

I'm asking for the Funk since I have the other 2. Would be missing only the Goth outfit if I get the funk one :(

EYEL1NER

I'm asking for the Funk since I have the other 2. Would be missing only the Goth outfit if I get the funk one :(

I'm in the process of getting a Goth Girl outfit. I found a guy earlier who wanted to trade for one. Since I am looking to buy them and have nothing to trade, I asked him if he wanted a Rockabilly code. He said yes, so I then tracked down someone with a Rockabilly code and bought it. Once he gets my message on the site we are communicating over, I should have 3 of the 5.

I will still need Ash and Jimmy Urine. It's funny that I was pumped to hear Jimmy Urine was working on the game, as I am a big MSI fan, and that is the costume I will probably only be able to obtain last.

I just wish I had a job a tiny bit sooner, so I could have done some pre-orders/returns and gotten all the DLC for free. I planned on doing that months ago when they got announced, but my finances were a bit better then. I managed to pick the game up using a gift card for $45, but after buying all the DLC, I will have spent about $60 on it!

MjFrancis

Zombie baseball sucks.

The controls and aiming feel stiff, unresponsive and unreliable, even on manual aim. I beat it on my first and second tries, but since then I've been on a crazy losing streak. Which really sucks since I'm playing on ranked score attack and I get to see a good score go to utter shit as I'm forced to start at the very beginning. Actually, rather than restart I just bitch on the internet, lol.

There's a good bit of fun to Lollipop, I've been playing it exclusively for a week now, but it really falls apart on ranked for me, especially when my downfall is minigames and not the core combat mechanics.

Zombie baseball finally clicked for me while I was playing last night. I used to play it by trying to kill all the zombies on the field as they pop up, but that really only works consistently for the first two rounds. For the third round, you really have to focus on the zombies that are actually near Nick as well as the pitcher, who can hit him from anywhere. Just keep that cursor hovering near Nick, and you shouldn't have any trouble.

G.O.O.

It was probably already answered, but do I have to play on very hard to get every lollipop and zombie name, or is hard enough ?

Vazra

Thanks. Very hard is a more interesting challenge, but chainsawing through hard mode is incredibly satisfying.

I think I beated the game on Very hard without dying so it wasnt really as hard as I expected. Boss fights spammed more the annoying moves than they didnt do much on the other difficulties but easier to manage them.

This game is why you don't listen to reviews.

Sure, it wasn't perfect, it won't be one of those games that everyone copies, but damn was it funny and fun. I think I played the whole thing in two sittings? If a game can keep you there for that long, it's doing something right.

That was a fun ride for sure. Will I remember it in 10 years? Maybe not...but it put a smile on my face more than once.

Top Bottom