• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Bioshock demo is out on PSN EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

okrim said:
So the developers don't know the spec of theirs product? OK.

Not exactly. They originally said some sort of generalized 'its the same' before the game came.

IIRC, after Beyond3d made the comments about its resolution, one of the devs then acknowledged it :p

andycapps

belvedere said:
This guys' comparison and all the ones like it, the PS3 version is set to ONLY 720p right?

Pretty sure that is the native resolution and if you play it higher than that, the PS3 will upscale. The results from people on here seem to be negative regarding it being upscaled. Thus, I only played it in 720p and thought it looked pretty nice. Love the art style of the game.

RpgN

Karma said:
The game is released in 15 days. Does 2k have time to fix any bugs?

Well 2k did respond that they are working on it. If they can't make it for launch time, they can always patch it.

That big daddy does looks very ugly. But it doesn't ruin the game imo. If that's the only bug around with the only place, I can live with that.

jax (old)

Banned
dark10x said:
The whole point of a thread like this IS to discuss platform differences. For some of us, that type of thread is actually rather interesting.

that type of thread is that thread. Its not this one.

I disagree. The demo can be discussed by NON - Bioshock gamers - I've played it and really didn't feel a need to come in here and weigh in (I actually came into this thread the first time to say "BUY THIS GAME" but its become a clusterfuck of a x360 vs PS3 slag fest. This is the BIOSHOCK PSN/3 thread. Not the compairison thread. You guys are ruining it.

The discussion by newbies to the game should have focused on the atmosphere of atlas / the game world/audio work the play mechanics..etc. But you lot have totally ruined this thread with your rampant platform discussion. The fact that non bioshock titles get dragged in here is completely derailing and ruining this thread. Plus its final retail vs demo.

Game is great. If you haven't bought it on PC/x360. Don't let the idiots dissuade you.

Raistlin

dawson.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That Japanese site linked earlier has tons of games covered with direct feed screen comparisons, and it's a very good resource for someone looking for differences.

If you go here:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/yoda-dip-jp/searchdiary?word=*[Game%20Compare]

and keep clicking the < arrow pointing to the left link, located on top of each update's title and date, you can get to earlier pages.

By going through it quickly, there's plenty of examples where PS3 version looks flat out softer for various reasons, but I also saw several examples where the image quality looked nigh identical, like on Bionic Commando, Fifa 09 (PS3 ver actually seems to have some extra post processing on this one) SC4 (PS3 screens actually look a bit sharper here, but it could be due to less AA or just different AA method, not sure), or Burnout (again very slightly different, X360 has some more dithering going on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom