• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tifa Swimsuit Video Reveal got over 10 million Views in 24 Hours

Gexxy1

Boring.

Its depressing being reminded that Final Fantasy 7's fanbase don't give a  single fuck about them as characters, and I don't blame them.
Tifa is my favorite female video game character ever.

Not only is she kind, despite all the fucked-up shit that happens to her, but she is incredibly strong and kicks a lot of ass. And she does it with her bare fists. Add on to that her insecurities and shyness due to her past, and you have qualities that are easy to sympathize with. Particularly among women.

Also let's not forget that she alone sticks by Cloud's side even after he turns into an autistic disabled retard confined to a wheelchair, determined to heal him.

Tifa is as admirable a person as they come. Her being sexy as hell is just a bonus. The proof is in the tons of other sexy characters who aren't nearly as popular.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
hq720.jpg

Zoe Kravitz Stealth GIF by HBO Max

The interview where the guys are just talking FF7 and Zoe is like 'WTF?' is pretty funny. I'll link it here for those who haven't seen it yet:

Last edited:

Lethal01

If you are superhuman, the minimum is that you are very fit (strong, muscular, lean). As for facial features,

Not really, if you are superhuman then you really dont need big muscles in order to be strong its done because handsome is cool, not because or logic. Lots of super heroes are powered by things like magic, exoskeletons or inhuman biology. which really don't necessitate them looking like attractive humans. If you are lifting 10000kg but using magic powes instead of your own body then it would actually make sense for your body to look average or even worse.

Lots of times it does make sense ofcourse, super heroes pushing themselves to the limit physically is super common but like, Raven from teen titan does really gotta look like an athlete and beast boy could totally look like a slob and it wouldn't really contradict things.

Last edited:

Sentenza

100% that story never happened and 100% this is a lonely loser fuckhead who has never left their home let alone actually interacted with a woman. the fact they say "women i know" instead of just friends like us normies would say tells you all you need to know about this creep.

These are the same people who cry about their "social anxiety" if you accidentally make eye contact with them on the street.
This dialogue happened just in his imagination.

bitbydeath

imagine being a normal woman at work, just trying to get your job done. When some sweatlord mi'lady neckbeard with pink hair flobbles over with pictures of semi naked animated women to ask your opinion in the name of social justice.

100% that story never happened and 100% this is a lonely loser fuckhead who has never left their home let alone actually interacted with a woman. the fact they say "women i know" instead of just friends like us normies would say tells you all you need to know about this creep.
I wish people would have the balls to call him out on that stupid website.

nbkicker

like sony with horizon alloy jumping into water she got more layers on she would sink, same as that much stuff on running about a storming hot jungle , u dont jungle tribes with layers and layers of clothes on, fighting games with mortal kombat and it bullshit of dressing fenale characters up saying trying to be more realistic,I've done kickboxing for 30yrs , youd be knackered and slow fighting with half the gear they got on, never mind half of stages on a scorching hot stage

nbkicker

Plus 40yrs of gaming from the start of ps5 era, most females in games look more blokish in appearance then feminine , even arkham comic illostrator laughed how rocksteady had portrayed harley in justice league game, roll on stella blade hopefully this sells and its a two fingers upto western developers,

Aces High

like sony with horizon alloy jumping into water she got more layers on she would sink, same as that much stuff on running about a storming hot jungle , u dont jungle tribes with layers and layers of clothes on, fighting games with mortal kombat and it bullshit of dressing fenale characters up saying trying to be more realistic,I've done kickboxing for 30yrs , youd be knackered and slow fighting with half the gear they got on, never mind half of stages on a scorching hot stage
That's true.

I remember an interview with a female sprinter.

She got asked if the clothes of female athletes are too revealing for modern times.

She said if female athletes dressed for maximum performance, they would start nude.

ByWatterson

Some quotes from the purple asylum:

- Tifa's arms are skinnier than mine (and mine are not big at all, I barely exercise and I still got more definition)
- Aerith's animation continues to be infantilized garbage
- The men don't even have same-opportunity fanservice compared to the women
- And of course, the camera heavily focuses on Tifa's tits because of course

Pretty much as expected.

Garbage...

Embarrassing

I'm just sick of video games assuming everyone who plays them is a straight man. I honestly think I will skip FF7R2 because I just don't want to putup with this fanservice stuff at the moment and am already feeling alienated from media aimed at men right now. I have discovered murder she wrote and sambuca and that combination will give me a more fun experience.
Are mainstream video games ever going to get better? Will they ever have a Captain Marvel or Barbie moment (successful mainstream blcokbuster about women by women)?
I'm not surprised, but I am definitely disappointed by this scene. They went full steam ahead with the sexualization of women and I don't predict it will change eventually.

I'm just so sick and tired of this.

mr-bison-street-fighter.gif

Cant Look Away Kieran Culkin GIF by SuccessionHBO

SkylineRKR

imagine being a normal woman at work, just trying to get your job done. When some sweatlord mi'lady neckbeard with pink hair flobbles over with pictures of semi naked animated women to ask your opinion in the name of social justice.

Yeah this likely isn't true unless hes working at a social working place with similar minded or something.

And the best part? He's going to silently play it. No way he went from wanting to pre order to not play because of this thing.

Synastry

Neo Member
Fully agree on aloy.

Also another character I would point out is Lara in the 2013-2019 series they couldn't even give her the icon shorts from past games.

SaintALia

10 million eh? Well I do suppose they stopped making those Sexy Beach and DOA volleyball games. Lovers of polygonal women in bikinis need their fix somewhere.

Aces High

The biggest joke of all is:

In the 40s, 50s and 60s (real) feminists fought for a female sexual identity.

These women fought the establishment because they were proud of their bodies and their beauty.

The bikini has always been a symbol for sexual liberation and the emancipation of women.

During the past decade, many of these feminist achievements have been inverted.

We are in a time of degeneration.

they are all hideous. If you had me at gunpoint and i had to fuck any of these women to save my life, id fucking refuse.
All those Final Fantasy game models are hideous. Idk if anyone is the gun point fuck rejecting level tho.

But the magnitude of dork here is hilarious. Like ok the Fable main character is fugly. But keep that energy for these ugly aliens.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Some quotes from the purple asylum:

- Tifa's arms are skinnier than mine (and mine are not big at all, I barely exercise and I still got more definition)
- Aerith's animation continues to be infantilized garbage
- The men don't even have same-opportunity fanservice compared to the women
- And of course, the camera heavily focuses on Tifa's tits because of course

Pretty much as expected.

Garbage...

Embarrassing

I'm just sick of video games assuming everyone who plays them is a straight man. I honestly think I will skip FF7R2 because I just don't want to put up with this fanservice stuff at the moment and am already feeling alienated from media aimed at men right now. I have discovered murder she wrote and sambuca and that combination will give me a more fun experience.
Are mainstream video games ever going to get better? Will they ever have a Captain Marvel or Barbie moment (successful mainstream blcokbuster about women by women)?
I'm not surprised, but I am definitely disappointed by this scene. They went full steam ahead with the sexualization of women and I don't predict it will change eventually.

I'm just so sick and tired of this.

mr-bison-street-fighter.gif
alien-sygourney-weaver.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Tell that to Disney. Their Marvel movies completely fell off after they went that route. Or the other movies that were created with clear political pushes that completely fell on their arse.

No one cares. Just Twitter warriors and Ree.

False! Marvel movies started to fall off after Disney+ got involved and things got a little too confusing with keeping up with characters. Plus the Multiverse spanning TV shows and movies also got too confusing. PLUS......Disney wanting to save money with shooting everything in The Volume has hurt their movies too. And lastly the pandemic just set them back big time.

mckmas8808

You know what's the funny part?
That despise all the whining, moral posturing and virtue signaling about "Why women detest sexualized character design" you hear in certain circles and on Era, any neutral research on the topic and any market survey made so far have proven over and over that IN FACT for the overwhelming majority even women prefer to look at more attractive and sexy women in advertisement, fiction and entertainment.

Even most of the ones that in "consumer surveys" claimed otherwise, when tested several biometric tools (or under brain scan machinery) showed that the way their pupil dilated, their salivation increased, their brains "fired up" etc were markedly more pronounced when looking at depictions of more attractive and "sexualized" women.
They were also more incline to judge the personality of more attractive women more favorably, to be more lenient in assigning them blame for their errors, and so on.

I remember watching a Youtube documentary about this exact topic barely a couple of months ago (made by a woman, incidentally) where she talked extensively about this stuff reporting a lot of research data.

100%!! This is what happens when creatives listen to only one side of the crowd and the pendulum moves to far to one side of thought. The western devs will come back to making beautiful women in games again. And keep in mind....they never stopped making attractive men in Western games.

Personally, I think many in these GAF threads are nuts when they say Aloy in HZD: Forbidden West is part of this. She isn't! She looks nice. The others though.....ewww

Horizon-Forbidden-West-3.jpg

New-footage-of-Horizon-Forbidden-West-a-city-unusual-robots.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
100%!! This is what happens when creatives listen to only one side of the crowd and the pendulum moves to far to one side of thought. The western devs will come back to making beautiful women in games again. And keep in mind....they never stopped making attractive men in Western games.

Personally, I think many in these GAF threads are nuts when they say Aloy in HZD: Forbidden West is part of this. She isn't! She looks nice. The others though.....ewww

I really don't like her, she is so fucking dry and not really fan of her looks.

Nickolaidas

False! Marvel movies started to fall off after Disney+ got involved and things got a little too confusing with keeping up with characters. Plus the Multiverse spanning TV shows and movies also got too confusing. PLUS......Disney wanting to save money with shooting everything in The Volume has hurt their movies too. And lastly the pandemic just set them back big time.
Pretty sure killing off / retiring 80% of their male cast and replacing them with female unlikable nobodies and stoic planks of wood played a major factor as well. As also getting rid of their talent behind the camera and replacing them with talentless activist hacks who were more concerned with identity politics rather than making a good movie. I mean, have you SEEN She-Hulk? The Marvels? Secret Invasion? Madame Web? These are all horrible movies/shows because of the people behind the lens, shitty writing and piss-poor directing.

Just saying.

mckmas8808

Pretty sure killing off / retiring 80% of their male cast and replacing them with female unlikable nobodies and stoic planks of wood played a major factor as well. As also getting rid of their talent behind the camera and replacing them with talentless activist hacks who were more concerned with identity politics rather than making a good movie. I mean, have you SEEN She-Hulk? The Marvels? Secret Invasion? Madame Web? These are all horrible movies/shows because of the people behind the lens, shitty writing and piss-poor directing.

Just saying.

The bolded is what I was talking about. Madame Web doesn't count. That's not the MCU. But She-Hulk shouldn't have been created. It was created just to give Disney+ content. It's the problem with creating a subscription service and then needing to feed it as much content as possible.

The Marvels was fine. The HUGE issue is that 2 of the main characters came from Disney+ TV shows and most people didn't know them. They weren't introduced in a great way.

Last edited:

night13x

I was watching some no name dweeb making click bait youtube videos (though lets be honest most of these youtubers do this these days). He went on a 10 min rant how FF7 rebirth is only selling copies due to the tifa beach video that just came out....Dude doesnt realize this game has been a top preorder seller for a year now lol. Said that the Tekken 8 and FF fans only buy these games for fan service but are generally garbage games (facepalm). If I had to guess it was a REEE forum member also lol.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Aloy is a good looking gal, but let's be honest, the bar is really, and I mean really fucking low these days. If we look at Western designed women in the past 5 or so years, Aloy kinda just wins by default, unless you count Cyberpunk and Baldur's Gate 3, but I don't think it's a coincidence they were made by European studios.

Top Bottom