• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.07: "Dr. Linus" (108. Solo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
TheGreatDave said:
I really don't think they'll "merge" in that way. They relate to each other, and there's an element of inevitable course correction, but I don't think memories or people will transfer between the two.
It already seemed to happen with Juliet though.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
It already seemed to happen with Juliet though.
True. But I assume these timelines will run together until the finale, so any big merger seems like it wouldn't happen till right near the end.

I'm of the opinion that what we are seeing is an offering from the MIB or Jacob at a revised life, that characters essentially sell their souls in exchange for what they think they want. We can see the people on Team Jacob seem to have much better lives off-island, while Smokey's crew, not so much. Quite how that can merge in to the main timeline, I'm not sure.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Question: Do we still think the island has a will or influence over anything? I only ask because it seems like anytime people would talk about what the "island wants" it could have just as easily been jacob and MiB. I know we can't be sure those things are one and the same, I was just curious if we are all on the same page with this, because I'm convinced the island is just an island with interesting properties.

P.S. I think the storylines will merge sooner than later. Lets say within 3 or 4 episodes

Staccat0 said:
Question: Do we still think the island has a will or influence over anything? I only ask because it seems like anytime people would talk about what the "island wants" it could have just as easily been jacob and MiB. I know we can't be sure those things are one and the same, I was just curious if we are all on the same page with this, because I'm convinced the island is just an island with interesting properties.
I asked this same thing in the last thread. It's hard to tell I think, since the people who refer to the will of the island have never known about or met Jacob it seems like. We never seem to see Richard, Jacob or MIB refer to the will of the island unless I'm mistaken.

Something has to be keeping Jacob and MIB immortal. Whether or not the Island has a will, there certainly seems to be some higher power giving them rules to follow.

jett

D-Member
I'm really liking this season so far, even if some episodes don't answer much, at least they're entertaining to watch.

TheGreatDave said:
Something has to be keeping Jacob and MIB immortal. Whether or not the Island has a will, there certainly seems to be some higher power giving them rules to follow.

It's the alien mothership, duhhh

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
6x07 - Dr. Linus
Don't ask, just take, but be sure to claim the avatar you like after this post so there are no duplicates. ^_^

o59X2.gif
Gymka.gif
8EOBF.gif
GsAXR.gif
lXC3c.gif
6Vu0c.gif
ZSKCg.gif
4JEY7.gif

BuIh2.gif
wIEgb.gif
IdH83.gif
5rSCp.gif
yHkUk.gif
Ym3gQ.gif
z3ufp.gif
awtZM.gif

zM31v.gif
wEGdL.gif
q83pH.gif
iFfUm.gif
jGeta.gif
8ALJQ.gif

Guess who's coming to dinner?

lsuwL.gif

^_^

JGS

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
One thought I'm leaning toward since last week:

Jacob is immortal

The others are kept alive because of him.

I'm also leaving open the possibility that the island is a 3rd party in this and represents a lot of the manifestations we've seen including the young boy & Walt. It doesn't take sides but acts like a referee somewhat.

Christian representing the island would make some sense, but Darlton have sorta stated Smokey is Christian. It's quite possible they're lying though :lol Some of Christian's actions seem too deceitful for that to make sense though.

JGS

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Christian representing the island would make some sense, but Darlton have sorta stated Smokey is Christian. It's quite possible they're lying though :lol Some of Christian's actions seem too deceitful for that to make sense though.

Christian to me backs up the idea that the island is playing referee, making sure all the players follow the rules. Therefore, he helps both sides as needed. I think the hiccup in that plan was Jacob getting killed.

The island has an interest in people staying/returning to the island, but not necessarily who wins except now the island itself may be in danger, hence the Smokey "Don't tell me what I can't do" rant to the little boy.

There was something involving Charlotte and Faraday in season 4 that invlved some kind of reactor going haywire. Has this ever come up again? It may play a role.

For the longest time I thought the whole island thing was some kind of purgatory with everyone having died on the plane crash. Well, that was my thought up until the end of season 3 and S4 pretty much killed it off. But as someone who burned through all 5 seasons of the show in a month recently, I'm curious if any of you ever shared that theory?

Tim-E

Outdoor Miner said:
For the longest time I thought the whole island thing was some kind of purgatory with everyone having died on the plane crash. Well, that was my thought up until the end of season 3 and S4 pretty much killed it off. But as someone who burned through all 5 seasons of the show in a month recently, I'm curious if any of you ever shared that theory?

It was a popular theory during the first season that the writers pretty much said was not true from the get go.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Tim-E said:
It was a popular theory during the first season that the writers pretty much said was not true from the get go.

It did make a lot of sense at the time though.

JGS said:
Christian to me backs up the idea that the island is playing referee, making sure all the players follow the rules. Therefore, he helps both sides as needed. I think the hiccup in that plan was Jacob getting killed.

The island has an interest in people staying/returning to the island, but not necessarily who wins except now the island itself may be in danger, hence the Smokey "Don't tell me what I can't do" rant to the little boy.

There was something involving Charlotte and Faraday in season 4 that invlved some kind of reactor going haywire. Has this ever come up again? It may play a role.

The problem is Christian was kinda instrumental in getting Locke to get everyone back to the island, based on what he said to him next to the FDW. That's not really a referee. He was pretty crucial to MIB "winning".

Zeliard

otake said:
It did make a lot of sense at the time though.

Yeah, it's funny about some of those Season 1 theories. The island being purgatory and the smoke monster being nanobots still, to this day, makes entirely perfect sense within the context of the show.

Same thing with Smokey being a Djinn, another Season 1 theory. That one has only been reinforced, if anything, especially as of late.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
edit: actually, I think I'll just stick with this one.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Was just asking myself why LOST threads didn't get the usual weekly avatar treatment like other shows.

Then I realized it's no doubt related to board-wide spoiler sensitivity. Like, anything could be considered a spoiler to someone that hasn't seen that episode yet.

OneEightZero's set is nice and vague though. It's also good that they were made well after the episode aired. I think it's the perfect way to go about doing it.

I remember somebody wasn't happy about my Locke's name in the cave avatar. I suppose I can understand, but you shouldn't wait more than 24 hours to watch Lost :D

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I can't believe there are people holding off on watching this season until May... on purpose!

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Catalix said:
I can't believe there are people holding off on watching this season until May... on purpose!
what foul souls they are

bionic77

Life and death questions Losties.

I have a dinner tonight that I can't miss and I was wondering if they put up the Lost stuff the same day on Hulu or do I have to wait until tomorrow to see it?

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Catalix said:
Was just asking myself why LOST threads didn't get the usual weekly avatar treatment like other shows.

Then I realized it's no doubt related to board-wide spoiler sensitivity. Like, anything could be considered a spoiler to someone that hasn't seen that episode yet.

OneEightZero's set is nice and vague though. It's also good that they were made well after the episode aired. I think it's the perfect way to go about doing it.

Had these ready for about... four days now. ^_^

bionic77 said:
Life and death questions Losties.

I have a dinner tonight that I can't miss and I was wondering if they put up the Lost stuff the same day on Hulu or do I have to wait until tomorrow to see it?

if you were meant to have dinner, you will have dinner.

Chipopo

Banned
LOSTGAF: But what about Recon?
BenjaminBirdie: What about Recon?
LOSTGAF: *stab*

Seriously, aint it about time for a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom