• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet screens, videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/761/761580/vids_1.html

lost-planet-20061020041735881.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041734740.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041733553.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041732240.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041532708.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041531505.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041530208.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041528958.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041403489.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041402348.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041401239.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041400129.jpg

lost-planet-20061020041046144.jpg

DSN2K

who cares about screens, we have seen and played this game, it looks and plays amazing and thats a fact.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DSN2K said:
who cares about screens, we have seen and played this game, it looks and plays amazing and thats a fact.

Yes, but this is GAF, who's emotional rollercoaster is directly connected to its ritalin intake.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Stinkles said:
Yes, but this is GAF, who's emotional rollercoaster is directly connected to its ritalin intake.

can i practice a suplex on you? i saw it on tv, you should be fine.

DSN2K said:

It's mind-boggling that anyone even has to say this, but, alas, it needed to be said. Astonishing.

I do not get how these screens are horrible?

Some of them were even included in the batch from the last *fap* thread everyone salivated over. Th skyscraper pic might just be the best damn screen of this game I've seen yet. There's maybe 2 screens in this batch that were poorly shot and have bad angles, but come on now.

Keep your "Meh" for things that are decidedly not impressive, rather than one of the best looking games ever. It'll give your future opinions a bit more credibility and weight.

Odysseus

Banned
Isn't this the game that has you jump through three different hoops to get access to three different maps? Isn't that right?

Meh.

DSN2K

game uses extensive post-processing effects so it doesn't come up as well in screens.

its the same for Dead Rising and DMC4.

Pimpwerx

I've never been hot on the screens, but this game is more than an eyeful in motion. And that was just the demo. Some of these next-gen games have to be seen in motion to be appreciated. PEACE.

IGN might have captured these screens if they have a playable build. Their image-capturing device usually takes away the visual quality, as shown with their DOA4 and PGR3 pics when they reviewed teh games.

Fix

Banned
nitewulf said:
yeah, well, if this looks "meh", then it's time to move onto a new hobby.

You, sir, are most likely correct. Preferably something that doesn't involve putting an X over an alien/zombie/terrorist and pushing a button to shoot it with a rifle/shotgun/rocket. Again.

nitewulf

Fix said:
You, sir, are most likely correct. Preferably something that doesn't involve putting an X over an alien/zombie/terrorist and pushing a button to shoot it with a rifle/shotgun/rocket. Again.
i actually understand and respect that quite a bit, but that's being bored of samey stuff in general.
the graphics of this game are still shit hot.
it should have been clarified that the "meh" was pointed at the game design rather than the visuals.
but alas, not every game can be rez or katamari i guess.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I didn't know this was coming out on the PSP lolololol

Turn the JPG compression down a bit guys, you can afford the bandwidth.

MegaTen

Banned
Stinkles said:
Ridiculous, isnt it? Anyway, this game still looks amazing. I can't wait to play it.. especially online.

Sephiroth

The game is not meh it's just average looking. It has some bad textures and the enemies are not that detailed because of the low polygon count used to create them, which shows. Game looks beautiful in motion though.

Fix

Banned
nitewulf said:
it should have been clarified that the "meh" was pointed at the game design rather than the visuals.

It's not only the design. It's the art direction. It's aliens being shot up by paramilitary dudes sporting current-era weapons in the future under a HUD that looks like it came straight out of 1999. I don't give two craps about what's being done in post-processing when the underlying game is the same damned thing I've already played time and time again. It doesn't have to be Katamari or Rez. It just has to not be Half-Life.

At least it's Capcom, so we know we'll get some killer writing in the story.

Branduil

I can't believe people are saying this looks average.

This game has always given me a very "Metroid Prime Phenandra Drifts" vibe.

nitewulf

Fix said:
At least it's Capcom, so we know we'll get some killer writing in the story.
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. no way man. you lost me there. may be you were being sarcastic.
capcom = killer action, dumb ****ing story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom