• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet screens, videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fix

Banned
nitewulf said:
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. no way man. you lost me there. may be you were being sarcastic.
capcom = killer action, dumb ****ing story.

Sarcasm, yo. But you knew where I was going with that anyway. :D

Fix said:
At least it's Capcom, so we know we'll get some killer writing in the story.

Lolique

Anyway, this game has wicked snow. And nice looking, not to mention well animated, monsters. And OMG explosions. WTF more do you tossers need?

Fix

Banned
Branduil said:
That's a bad thing? Now I know you're crazy.

Sigh.

No, it's not a bad thing. I'm not sullying your dear Metroid Prime. I'm merely pointing out that, apart from the environment visuals, this game does not include the other things that made you enjoy that part of Metroid Prime.

At least it's not another bald space marine game.

Yes. It is. This one's just wearing a hat.

Helznicht

If this game had coop, it would be the best game ever.

Probally why im not really interested in this game. This kind of stuff became almost standard on the Xbox, I dont know why its not standard on ALL shooters next gen.

WarLox

lets see.... a snow stage, a fire stage, and some crates... yeah... all we need it a water world.. and we should be all set :)

MrPonx

I hate Xbox and I don't think I'll ever buy one, but this game is PURE SEX

I played the demo and it ROCKED, if I can't borrow an X360 to play the game I might end up buying one just for this game

Watching the new videos, I love how Capcom is taking 3rd person shooters with dual analog controls and melding it with the old school boss fight pattern recognition and adaptation gameplay.

Check out that "Chryatis" video and check out the blend of the old school and the new school. Looks totally fun!

pswii60

Fix said:
It's not only the design. It's the art direction. It's aliens being shot up by paramilitary dudes sporting current-era weapons in the future under a HUD that looks like it came straight out of 1999. I don't give two craps about what's being done in post-processing when the underlying game is the same damned thing I've already played time and time again. It doesn't have to be Katamari or Rez. It just has to not be Half-Life.

At least it's Capcom, so we know we'll get some killer writing in the story.

wtf! you really haven't played the demo then, have you. and what's with the Half-life comparisons!? PLAY the demo/game, then come back and have a sensible discussion.

edit: my sarcasm meter must have been switched off

n0b

They finally took the motion blur off for this batch of screens, and it shows how much the motion blur adds to the game now that its not there.

Fredrik

Hands down The best looking game shown this gen so far. Also my most wanted 360 game. The demo still slaughters everything else on the 360. It's pretty amazing really. I'm not even sure that Gears will be able to touch this visually.

XSamu

Banned
davepoobond said:
why does this look medicore now?
Dear god. There have always been good and bad screens. I think you've played the demo (otherwise, go play it) and you've seen it looks fantastic

Dahbomb

If those screenshots are meh then I want a hell of a lot more meh.

Seriouslyi screw the haters, what is wrong with half you people here? :lol

jarosh

i <3 this thing

chryatis.gif

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
No one can hate a game like this.

I will definitively buy a x360 when it's cheaper or my economy permits it.

Fantastic game catalog for the system, and I'm a Microsoft hater too.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ Fix... that has to be someone's spare account.

p.s.

WE HAVE PLAYED THE DEMO.

It's one of the best looking next-gen games on any platform.

Capcom could release screens that look like they belong on N64 and it wouldn't matter because we have played the demo.

And that demo was released... 9 months before release

This thread is embarrassing. All of this mindless trolling by people who haven't even played the game. GAF = Gamefaqs with an Associate's Degree.

Kal

ORANGUTAN said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ Fix... that has to be someone's spare account.

p.s.

WE HAVE PLAYED THE DEMO.

It's one of the best looking next-gen games on any platform.

Capcom could release screens that look like they belong on N64 and it wouldn't matter because we have played the demo.

And that demo was released... sit down for this... 18 months before the release date.

This thread is embarrassing. All of this mindless trolling by people who haven't even played the game. GAF = Gamefaqs with an Associate's Degree.

I don't see the need to assume one is trolling just because I'm not impressed witht the graphics. My meh-ness came from the videos(the link in the first post) and not the pics; I've learned not to judge graphics from screenshots(check my previous posts on Motorstorm: I thought it looked horrible but after watching the recent vids ME = OWNED). I haven't played the demo either but I don't think it will be any different from what is shown in the videos. I just don't find it impressive(maybe I've been spoiled by GoW lol); don't like the art and the horrible HUD.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The shot with the buildings is **** awesome.

Orangutang you should go back to gamefaqs.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
Kal said:
I haven't played the demo either but I don't think it will be any different from what is shown in the videos.

:lol :lol

Trust me when I say, even the videos of this game do it no justice. I'm not an xbot either... I love both Playstation and Xbox the same. If not for the fact that PS3's are gonna go for $2500 on ebay next month, I'd keep the one I pre-ordered.

With that said, this game is easily one of the best looking of next-gen. Nobody should even comment on it till you've played the demo. That's the worst kind of trolling, and it's abundant at GAF.

sporks: I couldn't understand your post, all I could read was "Japanese things". Tssssssssss

Fix

Banned
tanasten said:
No one can hate a game like this.

I will definitively buy a x360 when it's cheaper or my economy permits it.

Fantastic game catalog for the system, and I'm a Microsoft hater too.

Who hates? I said "meh." I'm able to draw a distinction in my opinions between pretty pictures and the apparent substance of the game which seems to me to be a lot of old hat play. Played the demo? That's fantastic for you. Did it do great new things? Was it the best execution of its kind? Or were you too busy cooing at poly counts like you always do? Tell me: was it an incredible, enveloping experience of dazzling immersion, shattered the second Capcom tried to put words through someone's mouth? Was the music the "best thing ever heard with ears?" I don't hate the game, because it's a ****ing video game. Only haters in here are you fine gents who can't take three letters of indifference, you simpering, spark-counting toadies of graphical whoredom.

rs7k

This game is gonna be amazing, although I can't be the only one to notice every environment looks the same.

I guess snow everywhere will do that.

Yoboman

It's looking all the same, we've seen all this before. If they'd released the actual game at E3, or slightly thereafter, people would be blown away by this stuff. Some of the wow has worn off, basically

Holtz

Screens look okay, i suppose. Really bad ground textures in one of the shots, and some poor enemies. The demo is great, though, so i suppose it's not a big deal.

The sweeter a 360 game is, the more it gets some absurdly venomous hate. And if there's any kind of exclusivity about it, even moreso. How strange, what could it be... :lol

sasimirobot

Looks awesome!

Just makes me look forward to Bio-5 that much more. Capcom is getting their heads around next gen really quickly...

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Fix said:
Who hates? I said "meh." I'm able to draw a distinction in my opinions between pretty pictures and the apparent substance of the game which seems to me to be a lot of old hat play. Played the demo? That's fantastic for you. Did it do great new things? Was it the best execution of its kind? Or were you too busy cooing at poly counts like you always do? Tell me: was it an incredible, enveloping experience of dazzling immersion, shattered the second Capcom tried to put words through someone's mouth? Was the music the "best thing ever heard with ears?" I don't hate the game, because it's a ****ing video game. Only haters in here are you fine gents who can't take three letters of indifference, you simpering, spark-counting toadies of graphical whoredom.

This thread is one of the many where I find them sorta fun to read, but not worth writing in...

...But I ask that if a mod sees this post - PLEASE, let me get this as a tag. That's just lovely.

NinSoX

Banned
Fix said:

funny you mentioned its "only a videogame" but you have to be so critical about it. Did you really think your first reply was necessary? Move on to your other "triple A" games since it's obvious you think you're too good for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom