• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie - Season 5 - The award-winning comedy returns for 8 episodes - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redx508

edit,all that lard(pig fat) not butter lol
QkhVKkR.gif

johnsmith

remember me
Wow. So I was skimming a review of the new season, and I saw it mention Jeremy Renner, who I couldn't remember seeing at all. I missed "Into the Woods" entirely and I have no idea how it happened! I've watched every single episode, and somehow missed this, and didn't notice since it's completely unrelated to the rest of the season which had been serial. I watched Pamela 1 and Pamela 2, and since "Into the Woods" is completely unrelated to those I didn't notice anything missing. No idea why my DVR didn't record it, but glad I was able to find out about it since it was really good.

Akahige

The first episode was strong start to the season. I do agree with the people not enjoying last season as much, I prefer Louie doing one off stories but the flashback episodes with Renner co starring were great. I don't mind that the show is more a slice of life look into the very tragic and odd life of this man and only provides a few funny moments per episode, I just don't want it to be a convoluted mess.

RangersFan

I love how little things on the show are an insight into his life like cooking. It's clear he's cooked that fried chicken before for his kids, same with previous cooking scenes on the show.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thought it was alright. Laughed at him buying KFC and wrapping it up, and the water breaking. The end was priceless lol. Glad the theme is back too.

rhino4evr

Based on this one episode, it seems that Louie is back to writing a sinister comedy sitcom rather then a dark dramady

Here's hoping he leaves Pamela out of this season.

I watched the episode a second time and lmao when Louie is trying to join in the conversation and says "so you're having a baby but it's their baby?". Just the way he says it and the timing.

First episode was great. Lost it at him buying KFC and trying to make small talk. Seems this season's is going to be a lot funnier and more surreal. Sign me up.

Quick

Banned
Holy shit that was a good episode. I like the return to something along the lines of season 1-3. I'm happy to have the intro back, as well.

Wow. So I was skimming a review of the new season, and I saw it mention Jeremy Renner, who I couldn't remember seeing at all. I missed "Into the Woods" entirely and I have no idea how it happened! I've watched every single episode, and somehow missed this, and didn't notice since it's completely unrelated to the rest of the season which had been serial. I watched Pamela 1 and Pamela 2, and since "Into the Woods" is completely unrelated to those I didn't notice anything missing. No idea why my DVR didn't record it, but glad I was able to find out about it since it was really good.

Whoa, the same thing apparently happened to me. I looked up "Jeremy Renner louie" on Google after seeing your post and saw screencaps I didn't recognize. I just went on Netflix and I have never seen Into the Woods parts 1 or 2. Weird.

Anyway, I just came in here to say that I loved that 4+ minute take near the end of the episode in the hallway. Great acting all around.

RangersFan

Knew it the moment he told Bart to use the voice. I actually scared myself with how accurate my prediction was. I pictured him in bed watching Fallon and Bart comes out and does his act.

Louie told an awesome story about why this season exists on Opie & Jim Norton's radio show on Wednesday.

Basically, he had planned to take another long amount of time off, like he did with last season. Then he got really high and wrote a whole bunch of material and called the head of FX at the last minute, literally right before he was going to announce that the new season of Louie was not going to be soon, so instead he announced that the new season was coming. However, since they already segmented money for other stuff because they thought the show was going to be delayed, he could only give Louie enough for 8 episodes.

The next day Louie realized everything he wrote was terrible because he was high and none of it was funny, so he had to start from scratch and write the 8 episode season he promised FX the night before.

Oh and he mentioned that another 8 episode season would be right around the corner, it'll be a very quick turn around for season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom