• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie - Season 5 - The award-winning comedy returns for 8 episodes - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captcha

I just started watching this on Netflix (part way into season 3). I usually can't handle cringe comedy, but it's so good. Every time he goes on a date or something I'm basically watching it through my fingers haha. Definitely going to catch this season once I blitz through the rest of season 3/4.

lmao @ Louie's face when he started crying with mascara on.

I felt bad for him, and yeah that whole situation was strange, but looooool

Xenoboy

Yeah... this was weird.
Poor Louie being picked on.
Has Bobby always been Louie's brother? I thought they went from being brothers in S1 to being friends after S1.

This was the first episode my girlfriend watched. She actually liked the gender role reversal. Maybe I can get her to go back and watch the previous seasons.

Loved how he had to put some trousers on before speaking to his brother on the phone.

And the whole "uncle" Jack scene. "You didn't even know he was dead!"

Yeah... this was weird.
Poor Louie being picked on.
Has Bobby always been Louie's brother? I thought they went from being brothers in S1 to being friends after S1.

Louie doesn't give a fuck about continuity. They've had different actresses play his mother, his sister, his ex wife is black, yet his kids show no signs of being mixed, his ex wife was white in a flashback scene.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
that might have been the most uncomfortable thing I've ever watched.

Louie a genius.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Pamela . . . damn girl!

Sucks she broke up with him, but it's for the best. She's not into him in that way, and it's been like that since the moment they met.

This was the first episode my girlfriend watched. She actually liked the gender role reversal. Maybe I can get her to go back
Maybe.

Nibel

Finally caught up to this, and yeah: very entertaining season so far. So are Pam and Louie still friends or is it completely over between them?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was an incredible episode. Loved the exploration of gender dynamics.

This season has really turned things around - it really feels like a breath of fresh air.

lunchtoast

The black door and what happened next... absolutely scared the bejeezus outta me.

I'm watching this in bed and opening the door to blackness alone unsettled me, then that happened...

Also someone needs to gif him putting the blanket on the room and leaving.

Redx508

ud6f3hI.gif

someone add a konami logo to louie

Black Door

seat

Did anyone pay attention to the song at the end? I wasn't paying attention to it until the part about dying babies dying in diarrhea. Apparently it's likely an original song for the show. Someone on Reddit transcribed the lyrics:

I dream of little monster,
crawling up my leg.
I fear they'll come again,
if I go to bed.
I wish that something else would,
be in my dreams.
Here come those little monsters,
crawling up my leg.
I dream of dying babies,
and why do they smile?
I hate those dying babies,
why don’t they just die?
Their smiling faces,
give me diarrhea.
Please die, you dying babies,
in my diarrhea.
My dreams,
my dreams,
my dreams...

Jarrod38

Just finished last night's episode and WTF that was trippy as fuck. Also great to see Lindsay Lohan get some work as the single mom.

I actually started to feel annoyed when the line between reality and dreams was blurred, because I was not in the mood for horror. That one moment towards the end in the bakery when the music suddenly stops, my reaction was not too different from Louie's. Just that feeling of dread like "oh fuck, what now?".

Nothus

Damn, this show doesn't get nearly enough recognition. That latest episode is just Louis CK at his absolute best, given complete creative freedom, and I loved it.
The song at the end was the cherry on top. Amazing.

TripOpt55

This was a bit too weird for me (I often feel this way about the show), but as always there were a few moments that really cracked me up. The girls laughing at their dad is always good. Louie putting that blanket over the lady was hilarious as was them cutting to them banging during the montage.

Tubie

What fantastic episode this was.

That door scene made me jump because it was so weird and so out of nowhere, you don't expect shit like that from Louie, but it was all brilliant.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I did not expect anything close to horror from Louie. Had me on my toes after the first surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom