• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Louie - Season 5 - The award-winning comedy returns for 8 episodes - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Hahaha, that was a damn good ep. I hope a new season comes along sooner rather than 12 months from now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Loved that episode. It might even be my favorite of the season.

The black door and what happened next... absolutely scared the bejeezus outta me.

Me too, lol. I wasn't expecting something like that on an episode of Louie, so it really caught me off guard.

Helmholtz

Just caught up on the show. Really enjoyed the last two episodes. The nightmare scenes from episode 5 were just hilariously creepy.

jph139

Holy shit that last episode, man. There's pros and cons to his artsier side but you can't say it's not fresh. The scene in the doctor's office was both the most horrifying and most hilarious bit I can remember. So goddamn dry.

I'm also consistently impressed by how well his daughters are characterized. With a lot of sitcoms, "the kids" tend to be generic, or archetypal at best. But they're both well-defined, realistic, and likable characters in Louie. Good stuff.

Christ @ the surreal Kubrick/Lynch scenes in the last episode. When he opened the door to blackness I just knew it was taking a turn for the strange. While that weird guy who jumped out was eventually turned into a gag, that first time was unnerving as hell. Then when the music cut later in the ep and Louie looked over his shoulder....so good.

Alpende

I really liked the scene where his daughter was explaining the movie she saw. People in bowler hats and white suits beating people up, loved Louie's reaction.

chris121580

I really liked the scene where his daughter was explaining the movie she saw. People in bowler hats and white suits beating people up, loved Louie's reaction.

Haha his daughters are the best. I also loved the description his youngest daughter was giving to her doctor and he just says she needs to drink more water. Every appearance by Charles Grodin has been so good

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think my favourite part of the episode is when Louie's brother is being put into the wagon, the cop just points to a random black guy passing by and tells him to get in as well. It makes no sense, but it's also perfect.

It reminds me of that homeless police thing from S2.

Really really loved this episode. His interactions with kids are probably my favorite thing. Loved the scene at the end where the girl asks her mom if they are getting divorced and Louis just shuts the door. hahaha

LOL at louie actually considering for moment having the syrup poured directly into his mouth.

This is kind of a weird penultimate episode. Not sure what story it's telling.

edit: damn that's a nice security guard guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom