• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: Final Fantasy XIII

greyshark

Why is it immature posting your dislike for the game? Is it immature posting your liking of the game? Post makes no sense.

There's a difference between posting valid criticisms (like the weaknesses in FFXIII's story) and entering every FFXIII thread you can find and just saying 'This game sucks lol.' Not saying you're doing it, but it happens quite often.

why do people call snow a douche? is my definition of douche completely wrong or did i just see snow differently? to me, snow might not have always done the right thing or even know what the right thing is, but his heart was always in the right place and he seemed to always have good intentions even if the outcome didn't result in something good (i.e. hope's mother dying). that doesn't sound like a douche to me; a douche is someone who wouldn't care about doing the right things. if he was a douche, he clearly would've brushed hope to the side, but that's not what he did. perhaps people are mistaking him being irresponsible or wreckless or perhaps even cocky, but he was certainly not a douche to me.

i disliked hope far more tbh. simply for the fact that while he didn't do anything terrible, he only had bad intentions. while snow can be called a lousy good guy, he was still a good guy; hope was borderline villian.
of course he didn't even have the guts to become a bad guy. at least anakin had the balls to become vader.

ihearthawthats said:
of course he didn't even have the guts to become a bad guy. at least anakin had the balls to become vader.
Uh, preeeeeetty sure the only thing that stopped Hope’s initial assault on Snow was a surprise barrage of missiles. Otherwise there’d be a knife planted into Snow’s face.

Raonak

Banned
I love fang and vainnels accents.

Since it ties with the plot; how they're from pulse/down under

why do people call snow a douche? is my definition of douche completely wrong or did i just see snow differently? to me, snow might not have always done the right thing or even know what the right thing is, but his heart was always in the right place and he seemed to always have good intentions even if the outcome didn't result in something good (i.e. hope's mother dying). that doesn't sound like a douche to me; a douche is someone who wouldn't care about doing the right things. if he was a douche, he clearly would've brushed hope to the side, but that's not what he did. perhaps people are mistaking him being irresponsible or wreckless or perhaps even cocky, but he was certainly not a douche to me.

i disliked hope far more tbh. simply for the fact that while he didn't do anything terrible, he only had bad intentions. while snow can be called a lousy good guy, he was still a good guy; hope was borderline villian.

It's because he's a braggart and a narcissist but lacks any actual accomplishments to back up his bravado. He's also kind of a dumbass.

turnbuckle

Off-hand, there's no one-time only items in all of FFXIII. The closest are the Elemental rings that can only be obtained twice in total (either by finding them or disassembling the Absorb charms you find on Pulse). If you sold the base rings AND the absorb charms then, yes, you're SoL :/

Yeah, I'm SoL. My only option if I want to get the trophy is to go back to a save file from several hours ago and do a do-over.

And I just platinumed it. 190+ hours. Not really sure what took me so long. I usually faff around a lot in RPGs, I had this crazy idea of having multiples of every upgraded accessories (the grind for Dark Matters killed that off) and I think I spent way longer than I needed relying on Vanille's Death spam to kill adamantoise when I was perfectly capable of doing it legit, in considerably less time, but it is done.

Now I'm just not sure if I want to get XIII-2 day one, or just wait out the inevitable price collapse.

mihon

I thought Fang was the most tolerable.

Right, I'm going to finish this game today.

Fang is the one that can save a little about the game being BS about characters... but still isn't good in my opinion.

Battle was the only thing I liked. Although I found the star system terrible making the strategies for the battles less important. Killing the almost great battle system for me.

Now.. is FF XIII really considered a LTTP already?

So last night, I beat Bartandeus (sp?) and finished chapter 9. It took me several tries to do it, however, because I didn't realise that it was basically a reprise of the Palompolum airship fight and that he had various parts all individually targetable that you had to take care of first.

It took about ten minutes, all told. What does he have, like a million HP?

Also, the storyline's confusing at this point. Why is a Cocoon Fal'Cie giving a bunch of Pulse l'Cie the recipe for his own destruction? Even the characters thought it was dumb.

Unless he's using them to stage his own coup against Eden or something.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Also, the storyline's confusing at this point. Why is a Cocoon Fal'Cie giving a bunch of Pulse l'Cie the recipe for his own destruction? Even the characters thought it was dumb.
This is actually explained in the very next chapter. Just imagine Bart is an older Seymour and you’ve pretty much got it.

RedSwirl

Stuck on
Orphan. Can't survive the second half of the fight (the one that looks like a stone tablet, not the final part). He just does way too much damage.

I can take down half of his health easily, but after that my party is forced onto the defensive for the entire fight since he damages us faster than we can heal, even with a MED/SEN/MED formation. Plus, I also start getting hit with status ailments like pain and silence, and Orphan lays them down faster than I can cure them.

Also, I try to poison Orphan every time I fight him since I hear that does a lot of damage, but it takes close to a whole minute of constant attempts to get the spell to stick. Anything I can do to increase success rates?

The party I have for that fight is Lightning, Fang, and Vanille (the only one in my party who can cast poison). Each of them has (nearly) maxed out the currently available Crystarium in three classes (they are all level 4). None of them is currently a Synergist, so right now I'm actually grinding up Fang as a Synergist but I don't know how long that will take.

If I can't beat this in the next week, it's to YouTube with it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Stuck on
Orphan. Can't survive the second half of the fight (the one that looks like a stone tablet, not the final part). He just does way too much damage.

Er, are you talking about the battle where he
uses Progenitorial Wrath and Consummate Darkness
? Try this out if so:

Have three Cherub's Crowns on your party leader. It'll save them from instadeath.

I've noticed that people generally like to use Light/Hope/Fang for some reason, so I'll give a strategy for that team (for reference, my party was Hope/Vanille/Fang).

Are you in the battle? Good, now hit pause and select Retry. It'll bring the menu up. Go into the Paradigms/Optima section and rearrange your Optima to this:

Light/Hope/Fang
COM/RAV/COM <--used when stagger gauge is at 999%
RAV/RAV/COM <--used to stagger, and also for Lightning's Army of One
MED/MED/SEN <---Paradigm you should start with. Set it to default.
COM/RAV/SEN <--In case you think he's hitting too hard but you need to stagger anyway
RAV/RAV/SEN <--fast stagger but remember COMs reduce depletion of the break Gauge
MED/SYN/SAB <--buff/debuff

Notes:
-Whenever you see the words "Merciless Judgement" appear on the screen, switch to MED/MED/SEN (Combat Clinic) immediately. This is because you will not be able to do anything when the boss carries out the attack

1) open with MED/MED/SEN. Wait until it uses Merciless Judgement.

2) switch to MED/SYN/SAB. Let Hope give all 6 buffs to everyone and for Fang to hit it with slow

3) switch to RAV/RAV/COM when the enemy is debuffed with Slow at least. I can't remember if it's weak against Imperil, but that's a good debuff too.

4) remember to switch to med/med/syn whenever it uses Merciless Judgement. When the first stagger gauge depletes (ie: after you've staggered it--remember to use Lightning's Army of One to drive the break gauge to 999% before switching to Com/Rav/Com to hit it hard), switch to med/med/sen to wait for Merciless Judgement

5) Ignore when it hits you with status effects in its Consummate Darkness mode. It doesn't matter in the long run and they expire on their own. If you think you need to heal from that, use Renew. Don't bother switching into Med/Med/Sen just to heal status ailments and stay with Rav/Rav/Com until you stagger it. don't attack it when it's staggered just yet. Switch back to Med/Syn/Sab and replenish buffs you need. Then switch to Com/Rav/Com

6) switch to Med/Med/Sen when it uses Merciless Judgement. Then go back to Rav/Rav/Com and switch to Med/Med/Sen when you see Merciless Judgement on the screen.

7) you should be safe from Progenitorial Wrath since you have Cherub's Crowns on your leader. Use Phoenix Downs if people die. Don't waste time and switch to Med/Med/Sen if you don't need it just to revive someone. It's inefficient.

8) To take it down, switch to Rav/Rav/Com, stagger, and then use Lightning's Army of One attack just to drive the gauge up to 999%, then switch to Com/Rav/Com. If he doesn't go down yet, repeat the process until he does.

Hope that helps.

If you want to increase Poison to stick (I honestly think it's a slow strategy and isn't really worth it, tbh), equip the Belladonna Wand/Malboro Wand on Vanille and have her use it multiple times (ie: make her your party leader and use Poison for every bit of her ATB bar until it sticks, but you should debilitate it with other debuffs prior to Poisoning it).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Stuck on

I can take down half of his health easily, but after that my party is forced onto the defensive for the entire fight since he damages us faster than we can heal, even with a MED/SEN/MED formation. Plus, I also start getting hit with status ailments like pain and silence, and Orphan lays them down faster than I can cure them.

Also, I try to poison Orphan every time I fight him since I hear that does a lot of damage, but it takes close to a whole minute of constant attempts to get the spell to stick. Anything I can do to increase success rates?

The party I have for that fight is Lightning, Fang, and Vanille (the only one in my party who can cast poison). Each of them has (nearly) maxed out the currently available Crystarium in three classes (they are all level 4). None of them is currently a Synergist, so right now I'm actually grinding up Fang as a Synergist but I don't know how long that will take.

Poison has always been a shit gimmick imo

If the massive status inflictions are giving you that big of an issue, you may even want to consider using dispel from time to time. I wouldn't but if its a do or die type thing, I'd break it out.

That fight can be a bitch due to his damage output though. You may have to make a sub to your team because of that too. Lightning/Fang/Vanille is okay when you can afford to take the risk of leaning so heavily on offense and steamrolling the 98% of enemies you'll come across, but for this fight I highly suggest dropping Lightning or Vanille in favor or Hope or Sazh. If you choose to keep Lightning, take it upon yourself to heal manually. Do not trust Lightning's AI as a healer because he can't heal at nearly the same rate as the other medics. Since it sounds like you're catching a lot of heat from just getting pounded on with the intermediary stuff, haste will be a huuuuuuuge plus to your whole team. Compiled with the additional effects a SYN brings, you should be able to snug up safely behind only one SEN and be okay. Hope gets Haste much later in his tree than Sazh, so that may be a factor as well.

SEN/MED/SYN
RAV/SAB/RAV
or even RAV/SAB/SYN

All three of these will help a lot. The key thing is to not forget how much buffs and debuffs can change the fight and the importance of Haste. Keep that protect wall up at all times and be on the lookout for that heavy hitting move - switch to the SEN paradigm immediately, the damage reduction it gives coupled with protect should make all the difference.

RedSwirl

Er, are you talking about the battle where he
uses Progenitorial Wrath and Consummate Darkness
? Try this out if so:

If you want to increase Poison to stick (I honestly think it's a slow strategy and isn't really worth it, tbh), equip the Belladonna Wand/Malboro Wand on Vanille and have her use it multiple times (ie: make her your party leader and use Poison for every bit of her ATB bar until it sticks, but you should debilitate it with other debuffs prior to Poisoning it).

That's more or less what I've been doing, but I make sure that Vanille lands a poison on Orphan, which takes a while. I can't do that though AND have a synergist in the party. I have to either give up one, or retrain Fang as a synergist.

Also, in Consumate Darkness mode, all my party members very quickly get hit with Pain and Fog, which makes them unable to attack or cast spells, and Orphan keeps hitting me with those ailments faster than I can heal them.

Jaxter09

Just played 17 hours of this with a friend (over the course about 25 hours.. whoops)
Really, really good stuff imo. SE yet again changed the direction for the series, and I applaud them for taking a different approach. The game looks absolutely stunning; and there are so many memorable environments. The linearity doesn't bother me too much, as it is pretty much a convention of JRPGs. I think that the environments should be more explorable however; it would have been much more immersive if they designed maps instead of it being a straight line all the time. I have to mention that the battle system kicks all kinds of ass, it is one of the best for sure. changing paradigms is almost rhythmic in execution.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's more or less what I've been doing, but I make sure that Vanille lands a poison on Orphan, which takes a while. I can't do that though AND have a synergist in the party. I have to either give up one, or retrain Fang as a synergist.

Also, in Consumate Darkness mode, all my party members very quickly get hit with Pain and Fog, which makes them unable to attack or cast spells, and Orphan keeps hitting me with those ailments faster than I can heal them.
I would switch either Vanille or Lightning out for Hope. This is because you need a Synergist to buff against the enemy, and also to cast Haste. You do not need to cast Poison on the boss at all, and it takes more time to stick Poison on it than it would take to attack the boss head-on. Attacking the boss with melee and magic attacks is faster than sticking poison on it and waiting it out. Not to mention it's more fun this way.

As for Pain and Fog, you can either: equip accessories to prevent Pain (on your physical attackers) and Fog (on your magic casters) from being cast; quickly use items to alleviate the status effects if you feel like they're hindering your characters from attacking; or cast Renew when you feel like it's getting too much. I generally don't bother with these unless they're impeding my progress because you can end the battle quickly in this mode. If you need to heal party members, heal Fog if the character is a magic caster and heal Pain if the character is a physical attacker.

Syril

I would switch either Vanille or Lightning out for Hope. This is because you need a Synergist to buff against the enemy, and also to cast Haste. You do not need to cast Poison on the boss at all, and it takes more time to stick Poison on it than it would take to attack the boss head-on. Attacking the boss with melee and magic attacks is faster than sticking poison on it and waiting it out. Not to mention it's more fun this way.

As for Pain and Fog, you can either: equip accessories to prevent Pain (on your physical attackers) and Fog (on your magic casters) from being cast; quickly use items to alleviate the status effects if you feel like they're hindering your characters from attacking; or cast Renew when you feel like it's getting too much. I generally don't bother with these unless they're impeding my progress because you can end the battle quickly in this mode. If you need to heal party members, heal Fog if the character is a magic caster and heal Pain if the character is a physical attacker.

I just had hope cast Veil on the party. So few statuses got through that it was pretty easy to remove them as they came.

On Chapter 10 and I just killed Cid Raine. It seems to me that his death was supposed to be a poignant moment that makes you introspective, but as the guy was barely a character, he was just an annoying boss fight that yielded a disappointing amount of CP.

Why does this chapter even exist? Training? Really? Seems to me that it's just some filler while you get taught how to use the tech trees again (which I ignored in order to max out the jobs they already have). Is it worth starting new tech trees (like does anyone apart from Sazh get Haste at the lower levels or something?) or should I concentrate on maxing out the higher levels of the default jobs? The CP costs for the non-default jobs are ludicrous.

Also, running Lightning/Vanille/Sazh right now. Sazh >>> Hope as a synergist at the moment because Haste and weapon buffs are amazingly useful compared to protection spells.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alright, let's do this. I went against some recommendations and just bought this, and I'm gonna marathon it to beat before XIII-2 comes out.

I know it's got some big problems, but come on, I'm liking to find $17 worth of entertainment here, right?

Right off the bat, I will say the cutscenes are freaking gorgeous.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Why does this chapter even exist? Training? Really? Seems to me that it's just some filler while you get taught how to use the tech trees again (which I ignored in order to max out the jobs they already have). Is it worth starting new tech trees (like does anyone apart from Sazh get Haste at the lower levels or something?) or should I concentrate on maxing out the higher levels of the default jobs? The CP costs for the non-default jobs are ludicrous.
Chapter 10 is the shittiest chapter in the entire game, no question. It's so boring.

But it serves to allow the player to play around with all the jobs that they have access to for a three-person party (emphasizing DEF, SAB and SYN) in order to prepare for the jump to Chapter 11.

Don't bother going with the secondary roles if you don't feel like you need to. They take a lot of CP to invest in, and you're better-suited to maxing the primary roles and keeping the leftover CP post-hitting the level cap in that chapter to use to level up the role in the next chapter after the level cap is raised. I didn't start investing in secondary roles until postgame (and part of Chapter 11 for missions), personally.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Graphics out of cutscenes are very impressive too. The PS3 is a workhorse.

Bonuses for beating battles quickly.... hmm I approve

Roto13

I know it's got some big problems, but come on, I'm liking to find $17 worth of entertainment here, right?

Yes. It has problems, but it's not like it has no redeeming features. Assuming you're the kind of person who can enjoy good things about games despite there also being bad things (you know, like an adult) you should get your money's worth. :p

It also makes some jobs (like Sentinel) completely irrelevant, unfortunately, because using it slows down battles.

And yeah, there's definitely $17 worth of entertainment there. I've played for just over 24 hours, last I checked, and I feel like I've gotten my money's worth already (I paid ~$15). In fact, I'd say I would have gotten a bargain had I paid $30 or even $35 for it.

Tdog987

Stuck on the end Chapter 9 boss

I have all the characters leveled up as far as they go.

Still getting my ass handed to me.

Any help?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Alright, let's do this. I went against some recommendations and just bought this, and I'm gonna marathon it to beat before XIII-2 comes out.

Right off the bat, I will say the cutscenes are freaking gorgeous.

The game is one of the most beautiful and detailed ever created and the music is amazing. As a piece of artwork its worth more than 17$

Unfortunately the gameplay and story are severely lacking in regards and those that can stomach that more will do better than others.

I overall have a love/hate relationship with it. But the news of FF 13-2 decisions has seriously soured me on the franchise as it looks like they embraced what was bad about the game rather than pushing the visuals and scope again. I'd rather them have just put production effort into Versus than release a rehash.

Stuck on the end Chapter 9 boss

I have all the characters leveled up as far as they go.

Still getting my ass handed to me.

Any help?
You can target parts of his armour. The game automatically has you aiming at his face when you should be taking out the various bits of his armour instead.

Just got to Chapter 11. I skipped the missions (because I couldn't work out what to do for the second one). Currently in a tunnel with some robot thingies that give a lot of CP for how difficult they are. My question is t
now that I'm no longer encountering soldiers, I'm not picking up credit or incentive chips. How on Earth do I get money on Gran Pulse?

SLV

Just at chapter 13, chose to return to the green plains, will farm some CP before going back, probably aiming to max out all lvl. 4 profs for my main party

i see you went into it with the right attitude. the battle system really is great, and the game will throw consistently more gorgeous environments at you. so just enjoy it! also don't forget to sometimes stop and listen to the occasionally superb music.

d00d3n

Game is slightly underrated here on gaf.

20 hour tutorial with restricted game systems, reliance on non-interactive cut-scenes for storytelling and the absence of optional content were major problems that should have raised all kinds of red flags during playtesting.

What makes it worthwhile: Great visual design throughout the game, including characters which are some of the best in the series (although plot sucks). Awesome combat system that avoids the press attack and repeat pattern that makes up 90% of combat in jrpgs. The system never got old for me, even grinding was fun. Best balancing of challenge and progression of all the ff games (unfortunately the linearity might have been a prerequisite for this, will be interesting to see how it works out in xiii-2). Fantastic music.

Seanspeed

Banned
i see you went into it with the right attitude. the battle system really is great, and the game will throw consistently more gorgeous environments at you. so just enjoy it! also don't forget to sometimes stop and listen to the occasionally superb music.

I'm up to Chapter 8 now.

The battle system is interesting, but I cant say its fantastic. I spend a lot of time just mashing autoattack or 'repeat' unless I'm fighting a hard boss.

I really dislike the weapon system. I much prefer getting new(better) equipment as I go along. Right now, this upgrading of existing stuff just seems boring and I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason for why certain things get bonuses and others dont.

The leveling system is also a chore. I nearly always get enough CP to fill out my roles before I end the level/chapter. I haven't really had much to 'choose' or anything.

And I dislike the reward system for killing enemies. I either get some stuff for upgrading weapons(yawn) or I just earn some CP, which apart from bosses, seems completely messed up in terms of difficulty for reward. Some of the easiest enemies give you the most CP. As for technical points, they're not very useful(I dont like using summons - takes too long), so there's not a whole lot of incentive to getting 5 stars apart from just hurrying up through a tedious battle.

The environments ARE gorgeous, but I find myself wanting to just rush through areas cuz I only have one direction I can go anyways. I cant really find time to appreciate them that much.

And I hate the music. Like, I really dislike it. Especially the Jpop stuff, which needs to die.

I'm trudging through the game, but I cant say its really hitting home at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's not so much that the PS3 is a workhorse as everything is baked in.
Well, it is in fact running at 720p and a pretty solid framerate, whereas the 360 is... not, right?

Excellent. I think I should enjoy the ride.

I like Lightning and Sazh a whole lot so far considering how little I've played. Snow bores me but I understand his inclusion. I was warned about Vanille, but my tolerance for chicks like her seems to be pretty high as she hasn't gotten on my nerves all that much yet. Have no opinion on Hope but he certainly has potential.

I overall have a love/hate relationship with it. But the news of FF 13-2 decisions has seriously soured me on the franchise as it looks like they embraced what was bad about the game rather than pushing the visuals and scope again. I'd rather them have just put production effort into Versus than release a rehash.
Without spoiling anything could anybody explain what it is that's being done with XIII-2 that is disappointing (other than fucking preorder bonuses)?

So I've been grinding in this tunnel just beyond the steppe that has these robots (called Hoplites) and they yield really nice CP for how quickly you're able to beat them. Nearly got all the abilities on the main job trees for all characters now and once I've done that, I'll go back to the steppe and do a few missions.

Two questions though:

1) There has to be an easier way of getting money on the steppe. How do I do it?
2) How the hell am I supposed to find where the next objective is? I spent a good two hours just wandering around aimlessly on the veldt looking for the mark from mission 2.

CorvoSol

So I've been grinding in this tunnel just beyond the steppe that has these robots (called Hoplites) and they yield really nice CP for how quickly you're able to beat them. Nearly got all the abilities on the main job trees for all characters now and once I've done that, I'll go back to the steppe and do a few missions.

Two questions though:

1) There has to be an easier way of getting money on the steppe. How do I do it?
2) How the hell am I supposed to find where the next objective is? I spent a good two hours just wandering around aimlessly on the veldt looking for the mark from mission 2.

Did you just get to the steppe? Because the next check-point lies through that tunnel at the far end of it. There's like, one cutscene in a side area, but I don't think that's requisite. You just have to march through the tunnel to the area beyond it.

Okay, so, that said, I really liked FFXIII. Well, I mean, I had FUN anyway. I liked Lightning, Sazh and Fang, but found Snow and Hope intolerable for most of the game (Snow forever, really). Vanille I go easy on because of the scenes in Nautilus, which endeared her and Sazh to me.

I think XIII had some good ideas in terms of mythology, and I like to look at the game as a deconstruction of the typical "The Crystals pick the Light Warriors and make them save the world," scenario. That said, the ending has a few things that irk me, and I felt that the execution of the story was pretty poor. Principally that a major event in the ending requires you to scour the analects.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Two questions though:

1) Don't worry about it for now. The easiest way of coming up with money on the Steppe is via Platinum ingots from the Adamantoises and you aren't ready for that yet. And you haven't unlocked Chocobos either (which will dig up equipment ingredients and stuff to sell, but this is a very slow and boring method). The fastest Chapter 11 method of accumulating money is via Mission 24 in Taejin's Tower (win Moonflower Seeds over and over so you can sell them for 6000 gil a pop, but you can only do this thing when you finish the dungeon, I think), but you haven't gotten to that dungeon yet. In short, you don't have to worry about accumulating money at all unless you want to get ultimate weapons/treasure hunter trophy, etc.

2) Go through the Cave that you've been fighting Hoplites in for the next story objective. Instead of going up where the Hoplites and Bombs are, just go straight. Edit: haha, beaten.

If you're looking for the mission mark, and it's been a while, but doesn't the game show you where the mark is on the map?

5il3nc3r

When an enemy is staggered, is it best to go all ravagers or should you throw in one or two commandos to maximise damage?

Azuran

Banned
When an enemy is staggered, is it best to go all ravagers or should you throw in one or two commandos to maximise damage?

You go commando on him while a ravager keeps raising his meter. You have to take that opportunity to deal as much damage as you can.

Well to get them staggered. You can go one turn with a commando or sab and then you can turn everyone into ravs and get it up faster that way. Though, if you take to much time the sab or com's effect on the stagger meter will go away.

When the enemy is staggered I usually turn one back to commando so the enemy can be launched, if it can of course. Also commando's seem to do more damage to staggered enemies.

My party is usually Light, Vanille, and Hope.

Ken

Since I can't find the OT for the game, I'll just ask here.

I got to the Archelyte Steppes for the first time and looking at a guide, I can appaerntly grind on the Behemoths but I need to upgrade my weapons first? The guide tells me to get Lightning's Axis Blade to an Enkindler, get Vanille a Malborro Wand, and etc,. However, I have no idea how to upgrade weapons to another tier; could someone explain? All my weapons are still at level 1.

This is the best part. People complain about the game "playing itself", but what it really does is to take care of the busywork of playing JRPGs. Let's face it, mostly you're just mashing A anyway, except when something unusual happens that requires your attention, at which point, you switch tactics. It's simultaneously relaxing and at the same time makes battles blisteringly fast.

This here blows my mind every time I read it. It's better than pressing A all day? Wow. Awesome. Jrpg gamers have lowered their expectations to this point?

Top Bottom