• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7 Part 1 - The Beginning - [S7 Part 2 begins April 5th]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have you guys been. its always amazing when I see some icon that other people don't know about. I bet I do that same shit and people look at me like "what?"

Well, I was raised by TV practically, and once I got to college I barely watched programmed TV. Completely lost the habit, and never had the desire to tape anything. I'd have maybe 1 show at any given time I found interesting enough to be home for, and then move on. I'd watch movies at home instead.

Then I got a DVR with some cable upgrade, plus TV has gotten so, so, so much better and bam, now I watch a fair amount of TV.

Kraftwerk

Dat Tie Doe

LrORnU9.png

maharg

idspispopd
Where have you guys been. its always amazing when I see some icon that other people don't know about. I bet I do that same shit and people look at me like "what?"

Calling Hamlin an icon seems like overstating things a little bit. I'm not sure why anyone would expect him to be a household name.

Calling Hamlin an icon seems like overstating things a little bit. I'm not sure why anyone would expect him to be a household name.

He was. he was the star of the number 1 TV show on TV. He was People Magazine's sexiest man and he had a starring role i a very popular movie. Harry Hamlin is an icon of 80's television.

Kraftwerk

I love every single one of Don's suits, but my favourite is still the one he wore when he was in Rome with Betty. Just the way he entered like a fucking boss. Love the color combination, tie detail and the cloth. So good.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Zero, there were some problems found in the chart you just posted. They went ahead and fixed it based on a 100+ user comments and different sources. Its still not 100% but slightly more accurate;

This makes sense since Roger said that with bert dead they wouldn't have the votes to keep Don on. Also makes sense why Cutler was ok with the sale in the end.

Pillville

I have zero interest in Lawyer shows. So I don't care how popular the show was, I don't know actors from

LA Law
Law and Order
Boston Legal
The Practice
etc..........

Hamlin is absolutely not an "icon" - dude is misusing that word almost completely.

Icon != dude that was famous once.

Hell, Hamlin just gave an interview once where he's said the most memorable thing he's done EVER is probably his role on Veronica Mars, based on the people who approach him in public.

I don't think you understand what "zero interest" means. :p

To use the term properly:
I couldn't care less.

What he probably meant is that TGW is, yes, a lawyer show, but is also much more. Main themes are family, politics, and law practice.

Also, it's way less procedural than the average lawyer show generally is, and its scripting quality is much better than most.

Truly a great show, especially considering that, whilst having kinda long seasons (20+ eps), quality doesn't seem to have ever dropped.

WriterGK

Jim Cutler for me has really been the villain this whole season long. I just can't stand him. And I hate the fact that he got Joan in his pocket along with Bert while he was still alive.

Real Hero

What an amazing ending. Get a bit teary thinking about about it. I think Don's gunna regret trapping himself in the company but it will likely play out through watching Ted lose it after being convinced by Don that the work was the most important thing. I can see a good ending for Don but it will probably get really grim before that.

Why exactly did the Don/Megan split happen?

Because he didn't appreciate her fully until it was too late and he had already forced her to move across the country without him.

Because she is a flighty, impulsive person with a large amount of self-doubt who isn't emotionally much more developed than your average teenager.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Because he didn't appreciate her fully until it was too late and he had already forced her to move across the country without him.

Because she is a flighty, impulsive person with a large amount of self-doubt who isn't emotionally much more developed than your average teenager.

Wait, you said 'she'? ;)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cutler turned into a pretty good villain this season in a big way. As much as Lou is annoying for being a stubborn stick in the mud, he is a company man and was just treating the job as a 9-5. Jim was the true snake in the grass, especially considering the role he played in turning Joan into the money-grubbing monster she is today. "I'm tired of him messing with my money", votes to get rid of Don, then suddenly an amazing change of heart when she learns she would be getting 1.5 million dollars. I've basically lost all respect for Joan this season and if it wasn't intended it's unfortunate the writing caused it to be that way.

I was so pissed when Cutler humiliated Don about his breakdown during the Hershey pitch. He's punched people over less (minister for suggesting JFK and MLK Jr were murdered because they weren't 'true believers' and funnyman Jimmy for being too honest about his wife) and I wanted him so badly to smack those glasses off his smug face but I'm glad he held back because that is probably just what he would have wanted.

I love the schadenfreude of Harry failing to sign his papers and getting cut out of being a partner or making any money. He will never get any prestige or wealth as long as he works there, and probably his entire life. It's not like he's the worst person ever, but he's a douche without any courage or passion so he ends with nothing.

This whole season has been great, but I'm kinda nervous with them making Don single again for the ending, that they might try to do the Don/Peggy thing. Which, while I love their relationship, I've never seen it in a romantic way. It'd take some absurdly good writing to make me buy a Don/Peggy pairing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Finished ep.7 last night. I'm gonna be sad to see this show end, but at least there's still a good handful of time before then. Did anything happen with Lou in light of the events of the final episode? I don't recall. I'm assuming/hoping this means they're done with him, with Roger in charge and Don back in full capacity. The dude was kind of a dick so I was hoping for the satisfaction of seeing him be told to fuck off.

This whole season has been great, but I'm kinda nervous with them making Don single again for the ending, that they might try to do the Don/Peggy thing. Which, while I love their relationship, I've never seen it in a romantic way. It'd take some absurdly good writing to make me buy a Don/Peggy pairing.

I was really nervous they were gonna go there in episode 6. I don't think they ever would, Don x Peggy would just be wrong, but they're both pretty lonely people.

Altazor

Finished ep.7 last night. I'm gonna be sad to see this show end, but at least there's still a good handful of time before then. Did anything happen with Lou in light of the events of the final episode? I don't recall. I'm assuming/hoping this means they're done with him, with Roger in charge and Don back in full capacity. The dude was kind of a dick so I was hoping for the satisfaction of seeing him be told to fuck off.

"We don't owe you anything. You're a hired hand. Now get back to work!" was so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom