• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to order an octagonal gate for the TES+ I have preordered. How easy are those to install?

kewlmyc

Hurry and release a PS4/PC stick already, Qanba. I don't have a problem with Madcatz and Hori, but I want to easily switch over my custom stick art to a new stick. Dammit.

The TE S looks cool though.

DrDogg

How wide is the Alpha? Amazon says 5 inches and that seems tiny?

I placed my hands on one at NEC because I was also worried it would be too narrow. I found it just wide enough to be comfortable. I had room on the left side of the stick and the right side of the buttons to rest the side of my hand, but not much more. If you have larger hands you may have some issues.

It wasn't hooked up, so I didn't get to fully test it, but my size concerns were addressed enough for me to pre-order one (along with a TES+).

Will an original Xbox 360 SFIV FightPad work with SFV on PC?

I've been using my 360 SC5 MadCatz stick without issues on the PC beta. I would think the fightpad would work equally well.

I'm sorry if it has already been discussed too much, but has there been any word that the first TE sticks for PS3 will work on PS4?

Back in May (?) Capcom mentioned they were looking into PS3 compatibility, but we've heard nothing since. Like others have said, we likely won't know until launch. I'm expecting review code in about a week, but the embargo will likely prevent me from talking about it until the 15th or so. I'll post here as soon as I can though.

sorry not review just just hands on by a noted modder i trust (Gummo)

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/688218854468661249

I've contacted Mad Catz multiple times to get review versions of the sticks. Unless I talk to MarkMan directly they don't even bother responding (Mark couldn't help me out either). At least Gummo got a look at it. I'll probably be modding my Alpha as well.

Tendo

If you're a fight stick noob, why wouldn't you give the square gate a shot?

Oh, I'm going to! My buddy has let me use his square and octagonal gate sticks in the past and I liked the feel of octagonal, but not I'm not sure if it would be "best" for me. I'm not going to buy it now, but something to file away in case I want to switch one day. I've been playing a ton of Injustice and MKX with a regular controller and want to start branching out.

~a whole new world~

k30

Neo Member
Has anyone here that uses pad frequently had a chance to try out the Fightpad by any chance? I have been messing with the Hori pad and it's "ok" so I'm not really set on sticking with it exclusively. I'd love to try it out but not sure if it's worth pulling the trigger on since that Dpad style doesn't inspire confidence just based on looks.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I placed my hands on one at NEC because I was also worried it would be too narrow. I found it just wide enough to be comfortable. I had room on the left side of the stick and the right side of the buttons to rest the side of my hand, but not much more. If you have larger hands you may have some issues.

what about the weight? one of the main complaints i see about the hori mini is the weight being too light so you can't really play in your lap and it probably moves around a lot even if its on a table.

amnesiac

I've never used an arcade stick, so I'm thinking of buying the Alpha because I don't know if I can commit to a $200 stick yet.

Would I be missing anything crucial by not having the extra two buttons?

I'm hoping they announce PS3 stick support because there seems to be some good cheaper full size options there.

@Wreck

I've never used an arcade stick, so I'm thinking of buying the Alpha because I don't know if I can commit to a $200 stick yet.

Would I be missing anything crucial by not having the extra two buttons?

I'm hoping they announce PS3 stick support because there seems to be some good cheaper full size options there.

easy 3 punch or 3 kick buttons

maybe some training mapping....

in usf4 i used the extra buttons for ultra(s) that need 3 button presses

cackhyena

I have silent buttons from my old stick I wanna replace with on the TE2, but last time I tried to unplug the buttons...they would not disconnect. Those things are so clamped down I feel I'm gonna do damage.

Bladelaw

Apologies if it's already been answered but two big questions:
Will it work on PC? The Injustice PS3 Stick doesn't for games it really should (IE: Injustice PC version).

Will the touch pad operate as a mouse when hooked to a PC?

If these are both yes then I'm buying the shit out of this for my arcade "cab".

DrDogg

what about the weight? one of the main complaints i see about the hori mini is the weight being too light so you can't really play in your lap and it probably moves around a lot even if its on a table.

It was light, but I don't know if it was a working final version since it wasn't plugged in.

Azzeron

Neo Member
Apologies if it's already been answered but two big questions:
Will it work on PC? The Injustice PS3 Stick doesn't for games it really should (IE: Injustice PC version).

Will the touch pad operate as a mouse when hooked to a PC?

If these are both yes then I'm buying the shit out of this for my arcade "cab".
Should work with InputMapper and the same program also covers the mouse part. Turns out dual shock 4 touchpads make some great PC trackpads.

Paz

When are these things shipping from Amazon, I want mine to show up in Australia before the game is out :(

skelekey

I think I'm really getting into the notion of buying the Fight pad pro. I think it can improve my play and I really like that the Share and options buttons are away from my play space. I accidentally hit share all the time.

Captain Awesome

Neo Member
I just received a reply from MarkMan that says the FightPad PRO does not have micro switches in the dpad.

I am a bit curious to see how it works in person, and I am a bit hesitant on the quality as posted in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIIiZyjDLms

Hori has that new Fighting Commander out (sans rotating dpad and handle) that looks pretty darn good.

Shigby

Banned
Does anyone know what the size specifications for the TE2+ are? It looks quite chunky and large from the photos I have seen, may be too big for the chair I sit in to game on!

Also how easy is it to get the fightstick to work on a PC, as that is where I will be playing SFV! What is the best program to use for input mapping and will the input lag be bad?

Cheers in advance guys!

Koeta

Dammit. Anywhere that still has stock? Will gamestop have them in store? What about the te2 i wonder?

They still have the Chun-Li in stock, but it's the same price without the Touchpad/L3/R3, while they aren't deal breakers I guess I just find it hard to justify buying a older model for the same price.

Tendo

They still have the Chun-Li in stock, but it's the same price without the Touchpad/L3/R3, while they aren't deal breakers I guess I just find it hard to justify buying a older model for the same price.
This sucks. I only pre ordered last week. Ugh. :/

Koeta

When did that pop up, because I preordered this over the weekend...

I just noticed it today, I preordered mine the day it went up on Amazon but like a idiot I canceled it thinking I wouldn't want to pay the price for it, ended up reordering one a little over a week ago and now I'm starting to worry >.>;

Fry's still has the chun li stick for 200 last I checked.

I just noticed it today, I preordered mine the day it went up on Amazon but like a idiot I canceled it thinking I wouldn't want to pay the price for it, ended up reordering one a little over a week ago and now I'm starting to worry >.>;

yeah, Ive been checking off and on, but I didn't bother to check down where that actual notice is, I've been looking to see something where the release date is, so I don't know how recently that's been up. It'll really suck if I don't get this stick on release AND the game doesn't allow for ps3 sticks...

Anth0ny

real shitty move to not have the sticks ready for launch, despite pre-orders being locked in. I can't play fighting games without stick.

Do we know if the Brook Super Converter will be compatible? Or is that something we'll only know the day the game is released?

shandy706

Not sure if this has been answered across 15 pages.

Will this game feature Playstation buttons in the menus/prompts/inputs on PC?

The default has always been ABXY in most games. (which I prefer..but wouldn't matter)

I figure the inputs may just reference the kick/punch commands...just curious as to if we know this.

Raitaro

Do we have any more concrete details on what the Alpha will entail?

Moddable? etc?

It looks really cool, and if the quality is up there with the full size fightsticks, it makes for a very attractive option

It is moddable indeed (though less easily compared to the bigger sticks I believe), and going by a poster above it is also quite light in weight but spacey enough if you don't have big hands. As for the rest, like overall built quality etc, we don't know much yet unfortunately.

I'm waiting for more info as well before I take the plunge on one. I've always been interested in getting a compact stick due to my small living space.

Armaly

Been talking with an amazon rep. Says that if your order doesn't have a delivery date then you won't get it day 1.

Been talking with an amazon rep. Says that if your order doesn't have a delivery date then you won't get it day 1.

hopefully that's not the case as a guy above said he ordered dec 3rd and still doesn't have a delivery date. would be pretty crazy if preordering that far back doesn't guarantee you one...

That only popped up a few days ago. I read it as a delay for those placing orders since the warning was up. I'd be surprised if it was retroactive to the start of preorders. In Canada our Amazon does not show it as available at all and will not give me a delivery estimate even though I preordered in early December.

Top Bottom