• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

So how do we start making serious noise to get Capcom to respond to whether or not PS3 sticks will work? Because this is getting annoying.

I'm assuming they won't say anything until Madcatz sticks start shipping out, so that people won't just cancel their preorders

Has anyone tried the Alpha? It looks similar to the Hori EX2 but my experience with that one wasn't the most positive.

I'm torn between Alpha and the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 so any insight would be appreciated.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I hope these get shipped out this month. Would be a bummer to have to wait months after SFV has lunched.

DrDogg

Has anyone tried the Alpha? It looks similar to the Hori EX2 but my experience with that one wasn't the most positive.

I'm torn between Alpha and the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 so any insight would be appreciated.

I've been trying to get my hands on one, but no luck yet. I can say with near certainty that it will be better than the EX2. I too had a Hori EX2 and it was arguably the worst stick I've ever owned. A lot has changed since those old days though, so I expect even without Sanwa parts, the Alpha will be better than the EX2.

If I can get a response from Mad Catz on availability for the press, I'll update here... but it's not looking likely.

Resilient

What's the word on TE2+ coming to Australia Mark Man?

We can only buy the TE2 which is 299au. Would prefer to buy the TE2 if it becomes available but there is no information anywhere!! can you let us know if it's coming so we can buy something at least before launch?

amnesiac

So how do we start making serious noise to get Capcom to respond to whether or not PS3 sticks will work? Because this is getting annoying.

I'm assuming they won't say anything until Madcatz sticks start shipping out, so that people won't just cancel their preorders

Apparently they announced PS3 support one week before USF4 released, so best case scenario is they announce it sometime next week.

I'm in the same position. In light of the recent Amazon delay, I just ordered the Alpha on the off chance that it will also be delayed soon. I didn't get a delivery estimate though.

If it turns out the Alpha won't be delivered near release day or they announce PS3 stick support, I'm just going to either go with a pad or the RAP4 or Hori mini.

myco666

Hopefully we will get the info next week but I agree that this situation is really annoying. I have stick just a button press away from ordering if it turns out old sticks won't work but the longer it takes them to tell about it the higher chance is that the stick will be soldout.

Just a reminder that Alpha doesn't have every input that you might want on your stick. It lacks R3,L3 and Touchpad where as HRAP4 has all of those.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Chun li is shipping. Good enough for me. Same internals. Dont care about the missing buttons. Lets go!

Just made the same decision as I'd just preordered an SE+ the other day. No way I'm waiting until April or beyond, especially when I can get the Chun Li one right away (paid for the one day prime shipping as I won't be home for delivery Friday for regular 2-day. I don't care about the touchpad shortcuts or L3/R3 buttons anyway.

Now I can get used to the stick with MKX before SFV launches. :D

Tendo

Just made the same decision as I'd just preordered an SE+ the other day. No way I'm waiting until April or beyond, especially when I can get the Chun Li one right away (paid for the one day prime shipping as I won't be home for delivery Friday for regular 2-day. I don't care about the touchpad shortcuts or share button anyway.

Now I can get used to the stick with MKX before SFV launches. :D

Literally my exact thought process. Looking forward to playing MKX with it this weekend.

DrDogg

Just a reminder that Alpha doesn't have every input that you might want on your stick. It lacks R3,L3 and Touchpad where as HRAP4 has all of those.

It should also be noted that it only has 6 face buttons instead of the normal 8. L1 and L2 are at the very top of the stick where the start and select buttons are located, so they aren't as easily usable as they are on an 8-button stick.

My understanding is that the Alpha is the entry level stick, or in my case, a travel stick. If you want a stick with full functionality, or close to it, you want the TE2+ or the TE-S+.

BadWolf

I preordered on Amazon (Canada) the day the new sticks were announced so I think I should be safe, really hope they send them out prior to SFV releasing though. Need to get some practice time in on learning a stick.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm legitimately really excited for the new Fightpads. I feel as though my execution and movement havent been as strong since I transitioned to a HORI FC4. I really think mine might be defective.

Anyway, I just hope the dpad is solid, durable, and similar enough to the Fightpads of last gen.

C-Sword

My Chun-Li TE2 just arrived and the thing is an absolute monster. Blown away by the size and the quality, and it plays like a dream. Last gen I rocked the Hori Fighting Stick EX 2, and the TE2 is a significant upgrade. If anyone was wavering on getting one, it's hard to imagine being disappointed when it arrives.

Gonna need some impressions on the alpha. I'm really worried its too small for my hands.

How does it compare to the standard PS3/360 SF4 stick in size?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My Chun-Li TE2 just arrived and the thing is an absolute monster. Blown away by the size and the quality, and it plays like a dream. Last gen I rocked the Hori Fighting Stick EX 2, and the TE2 is a significant upgrade. If anyone was wavering on getting one, it's hard to imagine being disappointed when it arrives.

Got my chun-li stick yesterday. Love it!

Glad to hear it. Can't wait to get mine tomorrow!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Been talking with an amazon rep. Says that if your order doesn't have a delivery date then you won't get it day 1.

this better be bullshit or i will be furious

placed my order for my TES+ on Dec 3

Delivery date pending
You'll get an email as soon as we can provide you with a delivery estimate.

Carrier
We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon.

don't you fuck me on this Amazon

I would take this with a grain of salt but here is my convo with amazon:

Me: Hi, I had a question regarding the following item:
http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-FightStic...(See full link)

There was a note recently added stating that any new orders would not be fulfilled until April 2016. I was wondering when that note was added, or more specifically, what the cut-off date of preordering was that would allow you to receive the item on the initial release (Feb 16, 2016)

A friend had ordered this on Friday, January 29th and I was hoping that they are still eligible for the initial shipment?

The note in question is as follows:

Note on Availability:
Due to high customer demand, orders shipped from and sold by Amazon.com placed now are unlikely to be delivered until April 2016. Order now and we'll notify you by email when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received.
Thanks!

Emmy Lou: Hello [name], my name is Emmy Lou. I'm here to help you today.
Hi [name], I do understand your concern, let me check this for you.
Allow me a moment, please?

Me: sure, no problem

Emmy Lou: [name], thank you for waiting.
I have confirmed that there's nothing to worry about the delivery date, I have confirmed that this order will still be delivered on February 16, 2016.

It is a little suspect because since I didn't order this myself (my friend ordered for me through Amazon Prime), I didn't have a specific order to point to, so I don't know if they are actually checking based on the date I provided (Jan 29th), or if they are just generically looking at the regular release date and ignoring the note and just giving me a stock answer

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It is a little suspect because since I didn't order this myself (my friend ordered for me through Amazon Prime), I didn't have a specific order to point to, so I don't know if they are actually checking based on the date I provided (Jan 29th), or if they are just generically looking at the regular release date and ignoring the note and just giving me a stock answer

i just called myself and it was pretty clear they have no idea - it's all stock answers

i just called myself and it was pretty clear they have no idea - it's all stock answers

I think they just don't know the stock they are getting in at all, which is why no one has shipping dates yet and they are just going start from the earliest order when they finally do have a stock number. Which means there is a good likelihood I'm screwed

Raitaro

Not to go too far off-topic but what is the general consensus on the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4? is it considered a good (entry-level) stick? Is it very big or compact?

Edit:

As far as I know it should be a good stick. Buttons have mixed opinions on them as lot of people prefer Sanwa buttons over them but if you don't have any idea how other buttons feel you should be fine. It is pretty standard size stick (17inch x 9.5inch x 4.5inch / L x D x H) compared to others at a similiar price point.

Cheers!

TimeKillr

I preordered on Amazon (Canada) the day the new sticks were announced so I think I should be safe, really hope they send them out prior to SFV releasing though. Need to get some practice time in on learning a stick.

Yeah, and now they're listed as unavailable (they're listed that way on my order page too) so I have no clue if I'll ever get it :(

C-Sword

Is a ''premium'' fight pad not possible? Why do they always choose the cheapest parts? I'd gladly spend $150 - $200 for something effective and durable. I'm terrible with sticks and fighter is the my main genre.

Been talking with an amazon rep. Says that if your order doesn't have a delivery date then you won't get it day 1.

hopefully that's not the case as a guy above said he ordered dec 3rd and still doesn't have a delivery date. would be pretty crazy if preordering that far back doesn't guarantee you one...

this better be bullshit or i will be furious
placed my order for my TES+ on Dec 3
don't you fuck me on this Amazon

I also ordered from amazon.ca on december 3rd :(

Me:
The page status has changed from 'this product will release/be available on Feb 16th" to "Currently unavailable". Do you know if this order will be fulfilled on Feb 16th and shipped on this date?

Amazon rep:
I see that the item on our website is shown as Currently Unavailable. I apologize for the inconvenience. I can not assure you the exact date when the item will be available. However, I will take this concern to our concern department so that they will investigate and make this item available as soon as possible and I assure you that we will update you the information regarding this order.

Oh shiet boys, our pre-orders could be delayed O_O.

Febuary 16th is the most important day of our life but for Amazon it's a Tuesday.

myco666

It should also be noted that it only has 6 face buttons instead of the normal 8. L1 and L2 are at the very top of the stick where the start and select buttons are located, so they aren't as easily usable as they are on an 8-button stick.

My understanding is that the Alpha is the entry level stick, or in my case, a travel stick. If you want a stick with full functionality, or close to it, you want the TE2+ or the TE-S+.

Yeah it is meant to be a entry level stick but it is hilarious that you can get 'pro level' by 20€ more than the Alpha. Still might buy it because of the smaller size.

Not to go too far off-topic but what is the general consensus on the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4? is it considered a good (entry-level) stick? Is it very big or compact?

As far as I know it should be a good stick. Buttons have mixed opinions on them as lot of people prefer Sanwa buttons over them but if you don't have any idea how other buttons feel you should be fine. It is pretty standard size stick (17inch x 9.5inch x 4.5inch / L x D x H) compared to others at a similiar price point.

thelastword

Banned
@C-Sword

A $200 pad would still break, don't think that sticks don't break too, however, with pads assuming a narrower form factor, the friction of the smaller parts would subside eventually no matter how good they are.

I don't think we should suggest that pads reach the $150-200 range because even crap pads would go up in price as well. I believe the Dual Shock 2's are amazing, especially the one that you got packed in with your fat PS2's, they were some of the sturdiest pads ever made. It's what I currently use for fighters on PC and when you break it in, it's really a dream to use. I've also garnered more respect for the DS4 recently for how well made it is, I have one of the early DS4's and the analog stick peels, but that's just rubber anyway that can be replaced, everything else is iron clad after hours and hours of USF4 so far (on the PS4). That DPAD is unbreakable.

I have the FCP4, and I agree with you on the rotating pad, it shifts on it's own, you constantly have to tighten it, but the Madcatz pad is still super appealing to me, just don't like the triggers and the dpad style, but if it's functional and works well, it will probably be what I use from here on out. I've been calling for a 6 facebutton controller with a dpad and left analog stick for far too long.....

Captain Awesome

Neo Member
@C-Sword

A $200 pad would still break, don't think that sticks don't break too, however, with pads assuming a narrower form factor, the friction of the smaller parts would subside eventually no matter how good they are.

I don't think we should suggest that pads reach the $150-200 range because even crap pads would go up in price as well. I believe the Dual Shock 2's are amazing, especially the one that you got packed in with your fat PS2's, they were some of the sturdiest pads ever made. It's what I currently use for fighters on PC and when you break it in, it's really a dream to use. I've also garnered more respect for the DS4 recently for how well made it is, I have one of the early DS4's and the analog stick peels, but that's just rubber anyway that can be replaced, everything else is iron clad after hours and hours of USF4 so far (on the PS4). That DPAD is unbreakable.

I have the FCP4, and I agree with you on the rotating pad, it shifts on it's own, you constantly have to tighten it, but the Madcatz pad is still super appealing to me, just don't like the triggers and the dpad style, but if it's functional and works well, it will probably be what I use from here on out. I've been calling for a 6 facebutton controller with a dpad and left analog stick for far too long.....

This is a great post, thank you!! I've been debating on the DS4 or the FC4, and it looks like I'll be going for the DS4 when it comes down a bit in price. I currently use SNES controllers to play USFIV, and they work great.

I've had experience with MadCatz fight pads, and I find that they leave a bit to be desired in terms of reliability. Their fight sticks though are pretty close to the best.

Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date

I preordered on dec 3 so lets see..not looking good.

CO_Andy

I am in the same boat as you.

The new MadCatz fight pads are even more expensive.

It's hard to sink that kind of money into a fight pad.
Not sure if the new MadCatz dpad is any good, but you have to give them credit for trying a radically different design that could end up being better.

DD-11

Pre-ordered
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date

I preordered on dec 3 so lets see..not looking good.

A previous post by markman suggested that madcatz doesn't know their shipping schedule, so it's expected that Amazon wouldn't.

MM did say they were committed to shipping sticks so that they arrive for launch. Hopefully that leaves enough time for Amazon to ship their orders on time because my situation is exactly the same as yours.

Top Bottom