• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

mdsfx

Maybe new designs cost, taking advantage of marketing and awareness on a very popular new street fighter series launch, higher-quality materials, touchpads technology added and licensing fees (to Sony and Capcom)?

nice ninja edit ;)

Captain Awesome

Neo Member
Ah I see what you mean! That would be awful could you imagine? Someone pre-orders the stick with regular shipping 2 months before a second guy late to the party. But the second guy picks next day shipping and his order gets fulfilled and ships first? Lol. Thankfully it's actually confirmed on the te2+ amazon.com page that "orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received".

Awesome, well that clears things up!

Time to finally upgrade from my SF4 launch modded standard edition stick. I'm really surprised that thing still works perfectly despite the hundreds of hours I must have spent on it. Opted for the S+ because of the art.

Orayn

Are there currently any fightsticks that work with everything? Or at least work with PS4, XB1 and PC?

Not out of the box, no. Closest thing is the Akishop PS360+ PCB, which supports PS3, 360, PC, and partial PS4 support.

As far as I know, the only option that would give you support for EVERYTHING would be to get that and use it to dual mod an XB1 stick.

EDIT: New Brook board apparently? http://arcadeshock.com/collections/...l-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc

SOLDIER

I have zero experience with modding fight sticks. Unless it's super easy to learn, I'd rather get something that works out of the box.

If nothing else, will the TES+ work with PC?

SOLDIER

What exactly are the differences between the TES+ and the TE2+? The latter costs a little more so I'm curious what advantages it has.

What exactly are the differences between the TES+ and the TE2+? The latter costs a little more so I'm curious what advantages it has.

TES+ Is basically a AES from last gen ( remember ryu and Ken stick or the black ryu one? Just like that it's solid and awesome ) TE2+ is basically easier to mod if you into that thing, it has a button that pops it open and all that. Both sticks are PS3/4 and PC compatible.

If modding sticks ain't your thing just choose the TES+ it's cheaper and you can still mod it.. Just a bit of more work required.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Mostly that you can just press a button and pop the TE2+ open for easy modding, while you have to remove some screws/bolts and pry open the TES+

I think the TE2+ is larger as well. Otherwise the internal parts are the same on those (and the Chun Li TE2 other than it lacking a touchpad and l3/r3 buttons. Apparently the case build quality is better in the TE2+ compares to the Chun Li stick as well let MarkMan's post above).

Good thing I came to this thread again. Checked on status on amazon.com to see if my TE2+ had changed status and it is waiting on a delivery estimate as well. I know MCZ ships out of Southern California where I live so hopefully that means I will be in the clear as I live rather about 30 minutes or so from an Amazon distribution center. I have other PS4 sticks so I am not too worried about not getting on launch day but having to wait until April would not be fun :/

I ordered mine on Dec. 3 within an hour of it going up so I assume I will be safe once they receive their shipment from MCZ. Although I did have to change my payment information since my card expired last month. Hopefully it won't matter.

SOLDIER

TES+ plus is basically a AES from last gen ( remember ryu and Ken stick or the black ryu one? Just like that it's solid and awesome ) TE2+ is basically easier to mod if you into that thing, it has a button that pops it open and all that.

Is that the only functional difference? What about overall quality or shape?

I like the Shadowloo design a bit more, but if the other stick has better buttons or sticks or some other advantages, I'd like to know.

Orayn

Interesting, hadn't heard of this.

Different chassis and layout mostly. They both have the same PS/Touch Pad/L3/R3/Options/Select cluster, just a matter of which body style you prefer.

I like the Shadowloo design a bit more, but if the other stick has better buttons or sticks or some other advantages, I'd like to know.

They're both using Sanwa parts. TE2 has the new bezel that makes it easier to replace the art and a hinged top to give you access to the internals, while the S+ is most likely compatible with some older accessories like TE side panels.

Resilient

No, it only applies to the new range launching this month.

yo MarkMan, shot you a PM but no word - any info on TE2+ in Australia? Just want to know, because I want to buy a stick and it's either get the TE2 or wait for the TE2+, but i don't wanna wait for nothing

Tesseract

Banned
so happy this is coming to pc day 1, wasn't ready to give up this baby (modded with sanwa)

ItueKx7.jpg

and this baby, the goddess of sticks and my favorite stick for home use

mlg822.jpg

Linkhero1

It's only a different formfactor, buttons should be the same.

Everything is the same outside the Chasis being bigger and easier to mod.

Anyone know of a good arcade stick parts shop in Canada with good/free shipping? Would like to try an octo gate but I don't feel like paying 3 times in shipping from the actual product cost.

Welp I'll probably pre order the Alpha tomorrow. I'm gonna be an optimist and say that I'll probably get it before March.

Edit: No I won't.

Dinjoralo

so happy this is coming to pc day 1, wasn't ready to give up this baby (modded with sanwa)

I got one of those too! But I modded the buttons with those cherry-switch ones, while leaving the stick the same.

Well, I wouldn't mind having that Fightpad, if it worked for PC. Oh, and if it didn't have what looks like a god-awful 360-style Dpad.

amnesiac

So if I preorder the Alpha through amazon right now I'll probably not get it until April?

Up in the air. The Alpha doesn't have the "unlikely to be delivered before April" message like the TES+ or the TE2 do, so they probably aren't selling much of them.

ibrahima

Banned
Had an opportunity to use the Alpha at an event tonight. I'm not a fan. I'm not really sure who it's suitable for. If you've used a TE or similar before it might feel too small to be comfortable. In particular the stick feels like it sits quite high on the base.

I like what Madcatz have done as far as pushing out a Low / Medium / Top tier for their sticks, but (in my opinion) the Alpha makes too many concessions to be worth the asking price.

The irony is that the TE2+ and the TES+ are so nice that they exemplify the flaws of the Alpha.

ibrahima

Banned
Oh and in case anyone was wondering the (at least what I understand to be) retail build of SFV does not appear to support PS3 sticks. I had a venom plugged in and switched to PS3 mode whilst plugged in, it didn't come up with any prompts or similar, it just cut out.

I know some people might have thought that it might come in the retail build whereas the beta didn't support it, but it doesn't.

I didn't dig around in the menus or test it anymore than that, but I'd be really suprised if it turns out that they are supported at launch.

Had an opportunity to use the Alpha at an event tonight. I'm not a fan. I'm not really sure who it's suitable for. If you've used a TE or similar before it might feel too small to be comfortable. In particular the stick feels like it sits quite high on the base.

I like what Madcatz have done as far as pushing out a Low / Medium / Top tier for their sticks, but (in my opinion) the Alpha makes too many concessions to be worth the asking price.

The irony is that the TE2+ and the TES+ are so nice that they exemplify the flaws of the Alpha.

Thank you for your impressions. This and the videos from madcatz showed me that I won't be comfortable with the Alpha, even with my small hands.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering the (at least what I understand to be) retail build of SFV does not appear to support PS3 sticks. I had a venom plugged in and switched to PS3 mode whilst plugged in, it didn't come up with any prompts or similar, it just cut out.

I know some people might have thought that it might come in the retail build whereas the beta didn't support it, but it doesn't.

I didn't dig around in the menus or test it anymore than that, but I'd be really suprised if it turns out that they are supported at launch.

It might not just work that easy, where you can switch to ps3 mode mid game. It may be like USFIV where you need a dualshock also turned on

ibrahima

Banned
Were you in the first usb slot/player 1 side? Because I think it only works that way. If so, then I guess the only thing we can hope for is a day one patch

I think you'd be better off not hoping to be honest. It's a shame because I've been very keen on old sticks being supported but it just seems like the problems with implementing legacy support and the desire to have it work in line with the PS4 user account system haven't allowed it..

If it was going to happen for launch they would have announced something by now, and I've had the opportunity to check for something unannounced for launch.

Sure there could be a title update later on, but I'm really not going to hold my breath for it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So if I preorder the Alpha through amazon right now I'll probably not get it until April?

You should be fine for the ALPHA.

Are there currently any fightsticks that work with everything? Or at least work with PS4, XB1 and PC?

You'll need a mod or custom PCB (check out the new brook PCB that just released).

yo MarkMan, shot you a PM but no word - any info on TE2+ in Australia? Just want to know, because I want to buy a stick and it's either get the TE2 or wait for the TE2+, but i don't wanna wait for nothing

I'm looking into this. I apologize as I don't run anything in the APAC area but I will have to check with my colleagues.

Madcatz uploaded a video of someone using the Alpha on their twitter.

You can tell that there is no wrist space.

Edit: Another one

That someone would be me. It is a product that takes some getting used to. I know a lot of people have been asking 'what about the SE!' and while we love the SE/FightStick size and design, we wanted to deliver something different -- and that's why we have the Alpha.

Resilient

I'm looking into this. I apologize as I don't run anything in the APAC area but I will have to check with my colleagues.

awesome, thanks for taking the time to look into it! info has just been a bit barren here regarding it so whatever you can find out will help us out lol. thanks heaps for the response.

Tendo

My Chun-Li stick is on the way but I'm still bummed about not getting a TE2+

I may return it and just wait until April. Or not. I know it isn't a huge difference between the two since I don't care about the shortcut buttons but eh. Just ready for that PC launch to get here!

blackflag

It's kind of nuts that preorders from as early as Dec. 3rd are in doubt. How does that even happen?

Bruh when the original TE was announced, I preordered the first day available at Gamestop and prepaid in full. I NEVER got my preorder.

Paz

awesome, thanks for taking the time to look into it! info has just been a bit barren here regarding it so whatever you can find out will help us out lol. thanks heaps for the response.

It'd be awesome if this thing just showed up on JB Hifi's site one day like the original TE did back when I got it.

For now I'm sitting on an amazon order from the 25th of Jan for two TE2+'s and hoping for the best cos yeah nobody else will ship to AU :/

ibrahima

Banned
That someone would be me. It is a product that takes some getting used to. I know a lot of people have been asking 'what about the SE!' and while we love the SE/FightStick size and design, we wanted to deliver something different -- and that's why we have the Alpha.

I'm with you, and I know I've just had some pretty strong things to say about the Alpha, but I can definitely see where you have come from in designing it. I'd just say it would be cool for the SE to be revisited in a similar way to how you've brought back the TES.

It must be difficult for yourselves though, off the top of my head you've brought five different chassis (plus variants) that are all pretty different to market and that is no small feat, not by a longshot.

Oh and bring back the VS.

The original TE too.

Could you also do something the size of a VLX, but bigger?

I'm joking, half joking.

Preordered Amazon Canada way back on December 5 (price was too good), don't play games now. Markman update despite speaking only on Madcatz behalf was encouraging, doesn't seem like a totally lost cause.

japtor

Do you have official dimensions of the Alpha? Or a pic with it and the SE together?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My Chun-Li stick is on the way but I'm still bummed about not getting a TE2+

I may return it and just wait until April. Or not. I know it isn't a huge difference between the two since I don't care about the shortcut buttons but eh. Just ready for that PC launch to get here!

Mine is as well. I'm totally fine with it as I like the art and colors better, and like you dont't care about the lack of touchpad. I do wish it was cheaper since it lacks features (and apparently a little build quality in the case per MarkMan's post above) but I'd rather get it now and have two weeks to learn stick before SFV (much less likely waiting til April).

Top Bottom