• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

GG, FMT. Not that it's your fault or your responsibility, but I was setting up a double cover on one of my safeties for VD when you hiked on that last play. I wasn't ready and you just took it to the house. Oh well.

GG, FMT. Not that it's your fault or your responsibility, but I was setting up a double cover on one of my safeties for VD when you hiked on that last play. I wasn't ready and you just took it to the house. Oh well.

gg man. that was intense wow...

honestly i didn't mean to quick snap that. i don't feel that i did... i was making an effort all game to sit at the line for a few seconds because of last time (aside from when i was running hurry up late or trying to conserve clock)

mark lets rumble

markmhc

Neo Member

honestly i didn't mean to quick snap that. i don't feel that i did... i was making an effort all game to sit at the line for a few seconds because of last time (aside from when i was running hurry up late or trying to conserve clock)

mark lets rumble

Invite me.

mark lets rumble

Like I said, it's not your fault. It just takes a while to select a player and then select a guy for him to double cover. And then it just doesn't give you any real time to pick who you want to play on the option. I wish there was a quicker way to setup a double team.

Splat

Like I said, it's not your fault. It just takes a while to select a player and then select a guy for him to double cover. And then it just doesn't give you any real time to pick who you want to play on the option. I wish there was a quicker way to setup a double team.

2k5 had defensive assignments that worked!

ultimate gg but and tons of salt coming up mark

gg but wtf? you run like 3 plays and constantly switch/audible/shift to get the defense out of alignment. then you use the horrible outside blocking logic to take advantage of the shotgun sweep runs. ultimately i don't care too much about losing in madden but in a game like that.... i mean wtf? is that how you always play? that is exactly why i started this league... so i didn't have to play games like that. the fact that you had 3 plays means i have a select few defensive plays that i can pick from that might stop one of the 3 plays you run. running man 2 deep on defense every time i really don't mind because others do that with good press corners so whatever.

anyways, really felt like i was playing a random dude in madden and that's not what this league is about. then it devolves into who can take advantage of the AI most. i actually felt lame running the hurry up and running a lot of read option. i never pull that shit but you get into that type of game and it just turns not fun. i can see now why people were frustrated with playing you but i honestly never really watched much of the streams and aside from the screens complaints i didn't know what to expect (and you only ran 1 screen so there's that)

and whether you meant ill from it or thats just how you play makes no difference, nor do i really blame you. this is my fault for ignoring legitimate complaints throughout the seasons. it's difficult when you don't play someone but this has happened in the past and when certain people complain they are usually right. this is a sim league and that superbowl wasn't very sim-like. to a degree there is obviously repeat plays in every game by every team, and there is bs that happens but i can't remember the last time i played a league game where 90%+ of the plays my opponent had on offense were out of a handful of plays

and so, although i said superbowl winner would get a free copy of madden 15 i also feel that is doing a disservice to what this league is about. therefore, i'm just going to draw a name from a hat containing the rest of the league (sans quitters!) and the winner of said drawing will get a digital copy of madden next year.... or physical copy i dont care

as i said up top i don't really care too much about losing. i got beat by 4 times as many points by splat a couple days ago in the AFC divisional and i had no problem with it. i've been shamed in the superbowl by rors many times and missed out on a perfect season when LJ beat me. cb has stomped me out in the playoffs before (it happened!). they were actually entertaining games. this game was just a slog and a chore basically playing the same handful of plays all game and trying to come up with counter measures on the fly. cheesing cheese with cheese i guess? i don't know this is my longest post ever! i'll end it with gg but once more!

markmhc

Neo Member

gg but wtf? you run like 3 plays and constantly switch/audible/shift to get the defense out of alignment. then you use the horrible outside blocking logic to take advantage of the shotgun sweep runs. ultimately i don't care too much about losing in madden but in a game like that.... i mean wtf? is that how you always play? that is exactly why i started this league... so i didn't have to play games like that. the fact that you had 3 plays means i have a select few defensive plays that i can pick from that might stop one of the 3 plays you run. running man 2 deep on defense every time i really don't mind because others do that with good press corners so whatever.

anyways, really felt like i was playing a random dude in madden and that's not what this league is about. then it devolves into who can take advantage of the AI most. i actually felt lame running the hurry up and running a lot of read option. i never pull that shit but you get into that type of game and it just turns not fun. i can see now why people were frustrated with playing you but i honestly never really watched much of the streams and aside from the screens complaints i didn't know what to expect (and you only ran 1 screen so there's that)

and whether you meant ill from it or thats just how you play makes no difference, nor do i really blame you. this is my fault for ignoring legitimate complaints throughout the seasons. it's difficult when you don't play someone but this has happened in the past and when certain people complain they are usually right. this is a sim league and that superbowl wasn't very sim-like. to a degree there is obviously repeat plays in every game by every team, and there is bs that happens but i can't remember the last time i played a league game where 90%+ of the plays my opponent had on offense were out of a handful of plays

and so, although i said superbowl winner would get a free copy of madden 15 i also feel that is doing a disservice to what this league is about. therefore, i'm just going to draw a name from a hat containing the rest of the league (sans quitters!) and the winner of said drawing will get a digital copy of madden next year.... or physical copy i dont care

as i said up top i don't really care too much about losing. i got beat by 4 times as many points by splat a couple days ago in the AFC divisional and i had no problem with it. i've been shamed in the superbowl by rors many times and missed out on a perfect season when LJ beat me. cb has stomped me out in the playoffs before (it happened!). they were actually entertaining games. this game was just a slog and a chore basically playing the same handful of plays all game and trying to come up with counter measures on the fly. cheesing cheese with cheese i guess? i don't know this is my longest post ever! i'll end it with gg but once more!

I'm sorry your are feeling that way. And worse that it's coming from fellow niner fan. My whole offense is based on very conservative 10 to 12 plays or so. And play good defense. I know it's boring football and maybe I was extra conservative with play calling because I was giving niners defense respect. i don't care about not getting madden 15. I hope you feel better. GG.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Holy shit that's the longest fmt post I've ever seen.

Too bad its about madden!

Xmen was the fucking shit, guys. Go see it.

Somnia

Holy shit that's the longest fmt post I've ever seen.

Too bad its about madden!

Xmen was the fucking shit, guys. Go see it.

Ya X-Men was pretty great, still not better than X2, but easily the best one after that. Credits Scene was pretty good, but not exactly what I expected look wise and that's all I'll say on that.

eznark

Banned
I didn't even know there was a new XMen. Is it better than that dumb one with the kids that came out recently? Does it have Gambit!?

I watched a bunch of Wildstar, I'm getting pretty excited. I really love the tone. Reminds me of Ratchet sort of.

eznark

Banned
I don't know that it's necessarily cheese (not like Crow cheese anyway). He just abuses the fact that audibling on offense is like one button and audibling on defense is like 14 buttons. He also has three plays. When I played him he ran three plays consistently and two plays once. It's totally effective and good for him I guess for having the patience to completely suck all of the fun out of Madden but I only played him once and in the middle of that game I said I wasn't ever going to play against him again. It's torturous boredom. If he is in the league with 15 I'll only play him if we meet in the playoffs because...fuck that shit.

Ferny

Ez, I'm going to invite you over to my Wildstar home and we will have a blast. We can mine things together and all sorts of fun activities.

Somnia

Ez, I'm going to invite you over to my Wildstar home and we will have a blast. We can mine things together and all sorts of fun activities.

I want to get some of the dungeon FABs and put dungeons on my land. We need to all be neighbors!

Smokey

Lul

Got worked and make the longest post in Madden gaf history

Somnia

I have no idea what FABs are but let's do it!

FABkits, like you can get some that you can place on your land that build a mini dungeon you and your friends can go into. They aren't 5 man real dungeon quality, but they are fun distractions.

Ferny

I remember, not even a week ago, Ferny complaining that Wildstar was garbage. It's good to see he's come around.
I wrote it off pretty early because the beginning was not great. It was very dull and so that turned me off a lot. I also thought the interface was a hindrance on the experience too. I'm glad I gave it another go though as I'm finding things that I didn't the other go around. Really like the experience now.

eznark

Banned
I'm kind of wishy washy on the interface so far. I need to tweak some of the settings (like turning, holy fuck why is it so slow) once I get into it for real, but the core mechanics seem dope.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Wait is it 3 plays or 3 base plays and then branching off with different audibles and utilizing the hot route branch tree?

Sucks this happened to end the year for us.

Somnia

I remember, not even a week ago, Ferny complaining that Wildstar was garbage. It's good to see he's come around.

He said he is going to ban me from all communication devices when the next MMO is coming out I'm interested in... I always somehow talk him into playing new MMO's lol

Smokey

My PSU had a short in it somewhere...running SLI would cause my whole computer to crash even though it was a 1000w PSU. Went and got a 1300w PSU for Tri-SLI in the future and we back up and running. I'm overkilled as fuck with the PSU right now though just how I like it.

I'm excited to dive into the Wildstar goodness. If my boy Somnia hyping it up it must be good!

My PSU had a short in it somewhere...running SLI would cause my whole computer to crash even though it was a 1000w PSU. Went and got a 1300w PSU for Tri-SLI in the future and we back up and running.

I'm excited to dive into the Wildstar goodness. If my boy Somnia hyping it up it must be good!
so you're never going to play CS again

Smokey

so you're never going to play CS again

Yeah I am. I gotta get my shit setup. My computers been spazzing past few weeks and my Galant metal desk legs fucking snapped in half during my move so I really haven't had my normal setup.

Shits been rough in PC land breh

eznark

Banned
Yeah he's gotta be keyboard turning. Just hold the right mouse button and turn that way. It's super fast. Also, eznark, the interface is 100% customizable and there are already custom ones up on curse that you can use.

Fuck yes!

Ever since Warhammer Online (greatest MMO in history of history) and that amazing UI customization it's always fucking killed me that UI customization was never baked in at launch. Good to hear this has it. I'm so pumped!

Top Bottom