• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson confirms Deal of the Week on XBLM starting Feb 23rd.

LakeEarth

duk said:
lol at people who can't afford $30 a year for live gold
Or Canadians who see people in the US can pay $30 for something we have to pay $60 for. I would've renewed my Gold weeks ago if I didn't keep seeing these US deals and hoping against all previous experience that maybe a deal like that will show up over here.

This deal will last for a week right? I'm getting gold soon but not tomorrow, and I've always wanted to get Braid.

shintoki said:
Guess I'm going download the demo for Braid tonight and try it out ^_^. I do admit, this is the best thing since removing trail games on my card for XBL. Still kinda wish they were more serious with the Arcade Hits.

I wonder why the Arcade Hits is not promoted and updated so much?

Stage On

LakeEarth said:
Or Canadians who see people in the US can pay $30 for something we have to pay $60 for. I would've renewed my Gold weeks ago if I didn't keep seeing these US deals and hoping against all previous experience that maybe a deal like that will show up over here.

This deal will last for a week right? I'm getting gold soon but not tomorrow, and I've always wanted to get Braid.

Yes the fact it's as expensive as getting a fricken game here is why I don't bother with it especially since I simply don't have the time to make much use of it let alone the games since I primarily play rpgs which don't exactly known for being multiplayer.

Why waste money on a feature you'd barely use? Silver is perfect for me since I only take my 360 online to buy an arcade title like Castlevania once in a blue moon or to get Dlc expanasion packs if they are worth the cost

Firestorm

LakeEarth said:

Screw you guys I posted how to get the deal in Canada in like every fucking thread >=O You deserve to pay $60!

bumpkin

All I know is the deal better not be on crap... When they gave away Undertow as the apology for the holiday live outage, I was not impressed. :lol

Meier

platypotamus said:
I love the fact that this is becoming increasingly common amongst digital distributors.
Catalog prices would be lowered for good if they had any business sense to them.

Meier said:
Catalog prices would be lowered for good if they had any business sense to them.
They would rather price games at 1200 pts. then put these weekly deals making you think 800 pts. is a steal when it should have been that price originally.

LakeEarth said:
Or Canadians who see people in the US can pay $30 for something we have to pay $60 for.

gaf really hurts the ole eyes when i see canadians and australians bitching about videogame $. the australians are really bad. i'm like: how many muhfucking australians live on gaf yo?

it's like...dont you muhfuckas have free health care? like, stfu already m'k?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
It's a permanent program for Xbox Live Gold members; how awesome.

Please Microsoft, have a Deal of the Week for Operation Anchorage and Gears 2's Compustible Map Pack! :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
warbegins said:
should the Braid deal go live tonight? I feel terrible for passing it up for so long.

Braid will be available for the special price after Monday February 23rd at 13:00 GMT/0800ET/0500 PT *

why does he refer to himself as "Xbox's Major Nelson"? Is there another Major Nelson running around? Is this like a "The Real Ghostbusters" type of deal?

Ninja Scooter said:
why does he refer to himself as "Xbox's Major Nelson"? Is there another Major Nelson running around? Is this like a "The Real Ghostbusters" type of deal?

I Dream of Jeannie

cast.jpg

He was Major Anthony Nelson

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'll definitely be getting Braid (shame on me for not getting it before, but I planned to buy it when I had a free schedule and never got around to) with the trial still sitting there, and will definitely get the Ninja Gaiden II pack as well too...

Two things I really wanted...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Kuroyume said:
They need to add more games to the Arcade Hits thing.
Temporary sales do more to motivate people to buy more than permanent price drops do. People tend to procrastinate when there's no deadline.

SapientWolf said:
Temporary sales do more to motivate people to buy more than permanent price drops do. People tend to procrastinate when there's no deadline.

Yes, as Steam promotional sales figures show. Lower price, bigger sales.

its a good step by ms, but i think discounting just one item a week, especially when you take into account the amount of stuff on xblm, doesn't go far enough. With that being said, go buy Braid!

Loxley

Yes, as Steam promotional sales figures show. Lower price, bigger sales.

What was the ludicrous figure Valve gave out at GDC? Left 4 Dead's sales spiked by something like 3000% during the recent sale o_O

LakeEarth said:

http://www.maximuscards.com/

42 bucks, delivery via e-mail in a few hours.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Wallach said:
Damnit, I just spent the last of my points on Operation Anchorage and RezHD!
that should make you very happy for years to come then

Ponn

Banned
duk said:

That $30 bought me the Genesis Collection for PS3.

When you don't play games online Gold is a very hard sale and when Microsoft pulls this crap and you are a multiconsole owner like myself it really turns you further and further away from your Xbox. I've consistently over the last few months have been looking forward to Thursdays more than Wednesdays. Getting demos and not having to deal with this sliver/gold bullshit segmentation. And when I think (key word think) I may once in awhile play a game like SFIV online at least getting it for PS3 means I don't have to worry about running out and buying a subscription service if I ever get the inkling to play online.

I like it. About time they started doing more to differentiate gold that doesn't out and out screw silver users (that bullshit 1 week demo exclusivity). Of course, this probably just means that I'm unlikely to buy XBLA games until they turn up on discount week.

Ponn

Banned
Psychotext said:
I like it. About time they started doing more to differentiate gold that doesn't out and out screw silver users (that bullshit 1 week demo exclusivity). Of course, this probably just means that I'm unlikely to buy XBLA games until they turn up on discount week.

How is not getting XBLA or XBLM stuff at a discount not screwing silver members??:lol

soqquatto

duk said:

lol @... no, wait, just plain old 'fuck you'. I don't care for Live and I still want to play Braid without paying 1200 points (there's plenty of codes running around anyway) AND you're in no position to judge another person's budget.

DMeisterJ said:
Braid is good for 800 points, but I'm not going to upgrade to Gold when I don't even play online games on 360. Silver owners get shafted, yet again, and it makes no sense... The whole week 1 demos thing was fine, but no deal of the week? Seems weird how MS doesn't put any sort of implications on the video content on the XBLM, but they want to shaft us when it comes to gaming. Why is that?

Because Microsoft cares about a Microsoft multimedia box in the living room first and gaming second.

Ponn01 said:
That $30 bought me the Genesis Collection for PS3.

When you don't play games online Gold is a very hard sale and when Microsoft pulls this crap and you are a multiconsole owner like myself it really turns you further and further away from your Xbox. I've consistently over the last few months have been looking forward to Thursdays more than Wednesdays. Getting demos and not having to deal with this sliver/gold bullshit segmentation. And when I think (key word think) I may once in awhile play a game like SFIV online at least getting it for PS3 means I don't have to worry about running out and buying a subscription service if I ever get the inkling to play online.

Just curious. Were you this upset over Qore exclusive demos?

Ponn01 said:
How is not getting XBLA or XBLM stuff at a discount not screwing silver members??:lol
Because you've still got access to the same things at the same time? Paying customer gets discounts, doesn't sound to me like the non-paying customer gets screwed.

Proc

Psychotext said:
Because you've still got access to the same things at the same time? Paying customer gets discounts, doesn't sound to me like the non-paying customer gets screwed.

Except everyone using the 360 are paying customers. Should they really shaft people that don't pay the yearly/monthly fee? It's not like they aren't buying microsoft games, consoles, and accessories. Why segment and alienate their userbase based on one of their products?

The obvious reason is to get more people invested into their utopian idea of paid p2p online gaming. Continued resistance to this notion should not come as a surprise; albeit it is an old argument. These threads would be so much quieter without the angered :lol

Liberty4all

Banned
bigGIRLSblouse said:
Just curious. Were you this upset over Qore exclusive demos?

I was.

The loss of content due to EXCLU$IVES on Quore on PSN hasn't been as bad though as how badly Xbox Live Silver members get screwed over.

On PSN it's usually one demo a month (Quore). On XBL it's almost everything worth having.

Top Bottom