• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson confirms Deal of the Week on XBLM starting Feb 23rd.

Struct09

Shadow Complex for 800 pts ($10) December 21 through December 27.

Amazing deal, that's a GOTY contender for me.

And daily deals coming!

Major Nelson said:
Finally, starting December 18th and continuing through the 31st we’ll be having a new Xbox LIVE Holiday Deal every single day. We’re not posting that schedule in advance so you’ll need to check back each day to see what the offer is.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Struct09 said:
Shadow Complex for 800 pts ($10) December 21 through December 27.

Amazing deal, that's a GOTY contender for me.

And daily deals coming!
Aw, but I already have that one! I never got around to playing it, tho...

FrankT

Games on Demand:

December 15: Viva Piñata: Party Animals
December 22: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition and Devil May Cry 4
December 29: Gears of War

Not bad? First Capcom titles. Dead Rising should be put up if not.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
The Maw is deliciously cute, and a very pleasing little experience. It's the direct opposite of Splosion Man's ridiculous old-school difficulty, with few opportunities to die and some very light puzzles, but its perfect lazy Sunday afternoon gamin', or a great way to get the kids out of your hair.

400 points? Just buy it.

Woah, Deals of the Week that are actually good? Unpossible!

The Maw is a pretty good game, and for 400 pts I'd highly recommend it.

OMG Aero said:
Why is it that when they finally have good deals they are for things I already own?
Because your very definition of a "good deal" is a discount on a game which you consider to be good.

With you already considering the game in question to be good, you'd obviously already own it.

toythatkills said:
Because your very definition of a "good deal" is a discount on a game which you consider to be good.

With you already considering the game in question to be good, you'd obviously already own it.
I dunno. Quite a few demos of games I've tried that I thought were good enough, but didn't really feel the urge to jump in right away. Shadow Complex was certainly one of them and knocking five bucks off is probably enough of a deal to make me download it and leave it in my back log.

McBacon said:
The Maw is deliciously cute, and a very pleasing little experience. It's the direct opposite of Splosion Man's ridiculous old-school difficulty, with few opportunities to die and some very light puzzles, but its perfect lazy Sunday afternoon gamin', or a great way to get the kids out of your hair.

400 points? Just buy it.

Sold. You should be in sales.

confused

Banned
What's with repeating the christmas deals, surely there's enough content on XBL to not have to repeat offers yet.

Stupid MS

It is about time Battlefield should be going to the 550 price range, they did with bunch of titles during the Christmas deals, might as well drop it down even lower so that more people will buy it, especially with Bad Company 2 right around the corner.

Strider2K99 said:
Latest deal posted in OP is Battlefield 1943 for 800 spacebucks.

I just played some Battlefield 1943 last night actually. Game's still going strong. Seriously one of my favorite games of last year. Anyone who's still considering picking this up, now's the time to do it.

I'm gonna miss this because I spent 800 points on crappy Mass Effect DLC to get an 800 point refund, and that's not gonna come in time so I'm empty.

Ugh.

Wario64 said:
That's not the point. Why bother having deals on XBLM to gold members only? What are they trying to accomplish here, to get people on the border to gold so they can 'save' a few points?

It's just one more incentive for people to buy gold membership. It's a business why is it so hard for you to understand. Don't like it there are other system you can game on, why in here all the time bitching about gold members getting the perk....

Not that I think most of the XBL sales are great or anything, though this one is slightly better than most.

antiquegamer said:
It's just one more incentive for people to buy gold membership. It's a business why is it so hard for you to understand. Don't like it there are other system you can game on, why in here all the time bitching about gold members getting the perk....

Not that I think most of the XBL sales are great or anything, though this one is slightly better than most.
Well, I have no intention of buying Live Gold, but would buy A LOT more XBLA games if I had access to the weekly sales. MS is free to make their own business decisions of course, but the money I would have spent is much more likely to go toward steam sales as it is now.

LosDaddie

Banned
Bonfires Down said:
Well, I have no intention of buying Live Gold, but would buy A LOT more XBLA games if I had access to the weekly sales. MS is free to make their own business decisions of course, but the money I would have spent is much more likely to go toward steam sales as it is now.

And that is obviously a loss MS is willing to take.

Tomasooie

I don't see why people who would buy a lot more arcade games at sale prices wouldn't just get Gold. Amazon had it for $30 last month and I'm easily going to make that back with the deals.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TheKurgan said:
how is Duke Nuken 3D? Worth the 400pts?

Doesn't look too hot but still plays well enough. Good level design. Haven't tried the online component because I didn't bother when the game first came out and it's pretty abandoned now although maybe it'll see a resurgence with the DOTW thing.

TheKurgan

Sold - I enjoyed the original so I will buy this for the memories.

Down to 90 MS bucks. Anyone have some suggestions on how to waste that?

Any word on what the deal of the week starting tomorrow?

I hope they put some decent games out, like Puzzle Quest or Catan unlike armor and themes for the dashboard.

Top Bottom