• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson confirms Deal of the Week on XBLM starting Feb 23rd.

I know I said it last week, but I'll say it again: No way are MS gonna discount an arcade title during the summer of arcade promotion. I'm sure they won't want to risk annoying their partners by having a discounted XBLA taking sales away from their new release.

I hope to be proven wrong :D

sionyboy said:
I know I said it last week, but I'll say it again: No way are MS gonna discount an arcade title during the summer of arcade promotion. I'm sure they won't want to risk annoying their partners by having a discounted XBLA taking sales away from their new release.

I hope to be proven wrong :D
Way to lose the bet. :lol Not too much of a savings though...

WEGGLES

One thing that bugs me with the deal of the week is all the bitching about it.

Every new deal of the week gets 1 star'd on MajorNelson and everyone complains about it.

I don't get it. If you want it, but it and good for you you saved some space bucks. If not, oh well, didn't cost you anything. All these people complaining about the deals seem greedy and spoiled. Would they rather no deal at all?

Proc

Is it your first day on the internet or something? People complaining about shit is seriously surprising to you?

WEGGLES

Proc said:
Is it your first day on the internet or something? People complaining about shit is seriously surprising to you?
I'm not surprised to see complaining on the internet.

I'm just surprised to see people complaining about something that'll either not affect them at all or benefit them.

Do these same people get a walmart flyer, see a chair on sale and call the store and complain about that, too?

The sense of entitlement these people feel is astounding.

Danneee

They really should lower the price on several cheaper things like themes or just one or two games. I cant see why they will not do that, itis not like the stuff is flying of the digital shelves...

OMG Aero

Kandrick said:
Halo 3 Splatter Spree Theme for 160 instead of 240.
I noticed that, so far, Major Nelson hasn't made a blog post about the deal for this week.
I think he just knows what the comments are going to be if he does.

billy.sea

Banned
WEGGLES said:
One thing that bugs me with the deal of the week is all the bitching about it.

Every new deal of the week gets 1 star'd on MajorNelson and everyone complains about it.

I don't get it. If you want it, but it and good for you you saved some space bucks. If not, oh well, didn't cost you anything. All these people complaining about the deals seem greedy and spoiled. Would they rather no deal at all?

What was one of the major reason when people excited about the future of downloadable games/content? Cheaper games because it doesn't need to go through retails. But the reality is console manufacturers are the one that's greedy and eat up all the money they save in the process of moving things digitally.

AkuMifune

Banned
If they were half smart they'd drop all the DLC for the Games on Demand titles they've released so far. Shivering Isles still costs 2400 points, more than Oblivion itself!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, not even DLC for a 3 year old game. Now that's low. :lol
I guess they're saving the deals for when they take a hit on GTA4.

webrunner said:
Wasn't it supposed to be Penny Arcade Episode 2 this week?

yea, they did mention the theme though but they never specified a date for it. I guess they decided to change stuff at the last minute- maybe penny arcade next week?

Fox Mulder

sweetvar26 said:
If any of you guys bought that theme, can you post some screenshots?

that's my little gripe with MS. They have this whole NXE thing, streaming netflix, avatars, improved layout of achievements, free trials of every XBLA game, etc...but no way to preview fucking themes. It was the same way with gamerpics.

bkfount said:
that's my little gripe with MS. They have this whole NXE thing, streaming netflix, avatars, improved layout of achievements, free trials of every XBLA game, etc...but no way to preview fucking themes. It was the same way with gamerpics.

here's a preview site

i was just scanning thru them a few minutes ago..and they're all overpriced imo. They should drop the price to 150.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
October 5th venture to ancient Persia and heal the world from the evil corruption in “Prince of Persia® Epilogue” (Ubisoft).

October 12th, break out the popcorn as “HASBRO FAMILY GAME NIGHT” (Electronic Arts) is a bundle of family fun with cut backs on prices for each beloved favorite (BATTLESHIP, CONNECT 4, SCRABBLE, YAHTZEE, BOGGLE and SORRY! Sliders).

“Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode” (Capcom) offers more bio hazardous challenges for less on October 19th

“Fable II Pub Games” (Microsoft Game Studios) on October 26th

They haven't specified the amount off. :-/

Marvie_3

Banned
Xbox LIVE Gold Members can save 50% when they purchase any of the Hasbro Family Game Night games.Normally priced at 800 points, this week Battleship, Connect 4, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Boggle and Sorry Sliders are 400 points each.
Shit. Wish I'd seen that last week. 400 points is what they should have been priced in the first place though. :\

Lothars

Marvie_3 said:
Shit. Wish I'd seen that last week. 400 points is what they should have been priced in the first place though. :\

I agree and I bought all of the games for 400 points each because I was wanting them but not for 800 points.

PSGames said:
The general consensus is the Pub games are shit right?

I got pub games as a pre-order bonus and then canceled my pre-order for Fable II at launch. Got all kinds of gold and forgot about it. I just picked up Fable II over the weekend and remembered you could bring the cash over so I did. I went from barely affording food with my Fable II money to buying the main bar in the central hub town and now make like $1,000 every 15 minutes by merging my winnings from Pub games.

It's cool in the sense where you don't have to risk your in game money on gambling, you can get more items easier, and you don't have to hunt down the individual game masters. But I wouldn't pay for that option I think. $10 for this original game is a little silly.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Im surprised Peggle is already being discounted next month, in Japan at least. Hope we get the same deal, i would buy it for 400 MSP :lol

RBH

3on3NHLArcade.jpg

Deal of the Week: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade

Xbox LIVE Gold Members can save 50% when they purchase 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. Normally 800 points, this week it’s only 400 points.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410975/

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Next deals of the week :

Deal of the Week continuously delivers more fun to Xbox LIVE Gold Members for less, so take advantage of these stellar deals the week of November 23: “Fable II: See the Future” (Microsoft Game Studios) will be available for 400 Microsoft Points, “Peggle” (PopCap Games, Inc.) will be available for 400 Microsoft Points, and “Death Tank” (Snowblind Studios, Inc) will be available for 800 Microsoft Points worldwide. And the week of November 30, download “Sonic The Hedgehog™ 2” (SEGA) available for 240 Microsoft Points worldwide (except India.)

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2009/11/19/kd830.aspx

Top Bottom