• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson confirms Deal of the Week on XBLM starting Feb 23rd.

Haeleos

Oh.. my.. god: FINALLY! I've been biding my time for over two years, refreshing the marketplace, hoping and dreaming... and now I can save $1 off GRAW 2's DLC! It is finally time to enjoy GRAW 2 the way it was meant to be played!!! I just couldn't justify it at 400 points, but 320 is the sweet spot that Microsoft knew I'd bite at. LOVE DEAL OF THE WEEK! wioooooooo!

/me crosses his fingers for 10% off Chromehounds DLC. I need those spacers soooooo bad! Make it so, Redmond.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Haeleos said:
Oh.. my.. god: FINALLY! I've been biding my time for over two years, refreshing the marketplace, hoping and dreaming... and now I can save $1 off GRAW 2's DLC! It is finally time to enjoy GRAW 2 the way it was meant to be played!!! I just couldn't justify it at 400 points, but 320 is the sweet spot that Microsoft knew I'd bite at. LOVE DEAL OF THE WEEK! wioooooooo!
:lol :lol

Man these deals are terrible.Actually having the opposite effect with me, in that I don't want to purchase anything from xbla anymore.

Cheech

Haeleos said:
me crosses his fingers for 10% off Chromehounds DLC. I need those spacers soooooo bad! Make it so, Redmond.

This made me LOL. For real.

Chromehounds 2 would be amazing.

What they should do is a "deal" on the Hasbro Family Game Night. I can't imagine that package is selling very well. $10 for Battleship? Really? I was shocked they didn't give you the entire package of games for $15.

Strider2K99 said:

2823v5u.jpg

RBH

Haeleos said:

/me crosses his fingers for 10% off Chromehounds DLC. I need those spacers soooooo bad! Make it so, Redmond.
:lol :lol

Mamesj

Banned
they should try discounting more than one thing at a time.

I love how these companies are treating digital distribution so delicately...oh god, don't mark down the good stuff, no one will ever buy it again!

This week's Deal of the Week:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Hero/Villain pack combo = 560pts, a whopping 30% off

Great news for those of you who have hung onto this 2006 title..... :/

MrDaravon

sionyboy said:

I actually had no less than 3 people on my list playing that game yesterday. It's surprisingly popular with casuals, which is probably the main people they're targeting here.

Gowans

sionyboy said:

:lol These are terrible! Really makes a mockery out of the incentive.

I wonder if they make out the BCR one next week to be part of this Godl member promotion, part of Arcade hits or just say the dev wanted to half the cost as it's happened on PSN too.

Gowans007 said:
:lol These are terrible! Really makes a mockery out of the incentive.

I wonder if they make out the BCR one next week to be part of this Godl member promotion, part of Arcade hits or just say the dev wanted to half the cost as it's happened on PSN too.

Yeah, I must admit that thought crossed my mind this morning.

Great start with Braid @ 800pts, one or two discounted Arcade titles which no doubt were popular, but otherwise its just DLC for random games.

At the very least they should have one arcade game a week discounted, at least that way a majority of people have access to these deal. Discounting random DLC packs is a great way to marginalise who can take advantage of this incentive to stick with XBL Gold.... Hey ho, they still have a lot to learn I guess.

dejan

sionyboy said:

Wow, Microsoft is on a roll with these deals. So what's it gonna be next week? 30% discount on the Sonic Unleashed NXE Premium Theme?

Kuroyume

Banned
Wow... Let me get this straight.... Capcom has the new game coming out soon so they decided to temporarily put this game on sale as a way to promote and hype the new upcoming game. Both XBLA and PSN get the sale. MS then decided to hijack the sale and not only make it their Deal of the Week, but also limit the sale to Gold members? :lol

I hope they make the Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends expansion a deal of the weak, that thing is still 2400 points or something equally ridiculous. Of course I'm probably one of 3 people who care for it, so the odds of it happening seem to be in my favor.

Marvie_3

Banned
iconoclast said:
I hope they make the Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends expansion a deal of the weak, that thing is still 2400 points or something equally ridiculous. Of course I'm probably one of 3 people who care for it, so the odds of it happening seem to be in my favor.
I want it too but no way in hell I'm paying that much for it.

Bionic Commando is next week's DotW, apparently Major Nelson was given the wrong info. But as already said, Marvel UA is this weeks DotW.

Can't believe that a Capcom promotion is being hijacked by MS to fit in with their DotW promotion.... that's low.

soldat7

Kuroyume said:
Wow... Let me get this straight.... Capcom has the new game coming out soon so they decided to temporarily put this game on sale as a way to promote and hype the new upcoming game. Both XBLA and PSN get the sale. MS then decided to hijack the sale and not only make it their Deal of the Week, but also limit the sale to Gold members? :lol

Sounds like the status quo for Microsoft, sadly.

Foil

That's complete bullshit on Microsofts part. Bionic Commando Rearmed should be 400pts for everyone, not just Gold members.

This is suppose to be a Capcom deal...

kuYuri

Found on CAG:

I just got my July copy of the Official Xbox Magazine and in it there is an add that displays the deals for the weeks of June 8- July 5th. The deals are as follows:

June 8th-June 14th - Gears of War 2 Combustible Map Pack - 30% Off (560 MS points)

June 15th-June 21st - Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage - 30% Off (560 MS points)

June 22nd-June 28th - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 30% Off (840 MS points)

June 29th-July 5th - Fable II Knothole Island - 30% Off (560 MS points)

What's interesting about these deals of the week is that the majority of the time there is a 30% deduction in the price, which coincidentally is MS's usual percentage of anything on Live.

Nice to know that every week, MS choose to forego their usual cut on one piece of marketplace content for those people who pay for Xbox Live Gold.

:/

(still looking forward to SSF2THDR for 840pts)

Zzoram

It's funny that they think temporary sales on year or more older DLC addons are something to get excited about. Who wants to buy an extra course for Tiger Woods 09 :lol ?

DLC that is more than 1 year old should have a permanent price reduction, especially for annual release sports games, where it makes no sense to have 400+ point DLC for old versions when there are 1-2 sequels already.

I've been looking forward to SSF2THDR since I heard it was on sale for 800pts, especially seeing as I've put in.... probably over 100hours now on SF4. And I'm sorry to say that I should've kept onto those 800pts. :(

In fact, I'd have been happier buying the costume packs.

sionyboy said:
I've been looking forward to SSF2THDR since I heard it was on sale for 800pts, especially seeing as I've put in.... probably over 100hours now on SF4. And I'm sorry to say that I should've kept onto those 800pts. :(

What the fuck? WHY?

Oreoleo

Eteric Rice said:
Did I miss the Bionic Commando: Rearmed sale? :(

Very much so. However, there's a seller on eBay who's got pretty good deals on XBLA games. He's got Bionic Commando listed at $6, and will email you the code by the end of the day. I bought Lode Runner from him so I can attest that it is legit.

BC:Rearmed on eBay

sionyboy said:

beavissmack.gif

NO!

Top Bottom