• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man tried to crash Norwegian plane today - attacked pilots with axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomaser

This morning, a man attacked both pilots and a passenger in a Norwegian plane with 11 passengers bound from Narvik to Bodø. He carried two knives and an axe into the plane, and attacked with the axe when the plane was descending to land, trying to crash the plane. Both pilots and the passenger got head-injures, but the pilots miraculously managed to land safely anyway. The man was eventually stopped by other passangers.

The attacker is an asylum-seeker from Algerie, and was recently (in May) denied asylum. He still managed to stay here, though...

Two knives and an axe, and he still got through the security check. The airport in Narvik is very small, and does not have a scanner yet, but still! Crazy...

Here's a picture of the axe, by the way... how on earth did he get that into the plane?

1096467491293_947.jpg

Yahoo News Ok, according to this, the airport doesn't even have security checks... instead, they use "the good old-fashioned way of just getting onto the plane"... Nice.

moist

I came into this thread expecting to see that Count Grishnack had escaped from jail again.

at any rate that pretty fucked up

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Wow, I came into this thread expecting the weapons of choice to be this:
bodyspray.jpg

I mean, I thought getting an actual axe onto a plane would be damn near impossible these days.

Its a small commuter plane in the icy norwegian north. It wasn't an international flight, and I doubt the airports in those two villages are capable of handling planes larger than 11 passenger prop planes. Way to all sound like clueless and terrified big city Americans.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
It's called Axe everywhere but here. I think it's quite new in the US given recent comments on it, but I saw Axe in Germany 7 years ago.

Shinobi

captainbiotch said:
Its a small commuter plane in the icy norwegian north. It wasn't an international flight, and I doubt the airports in those two villages are capable of handling planes larger than 11 passenger prop planes. Way to all sound like clueless and terrified big city Americans.

The joke's on you...I'm not even American!!

Of course I have no interest in going to Norway anyhow. I simply look at the perception that this will have...even an incident as small and as isolated as this is all it takes to make people stay away. Hell, what happened on 9/11 was probably the ultimate one-off (well, four-off)...didn't stop people from avoiding planes in droves.

Reality doesn't matter much in cases like this...it's all about perception.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
They saw the hatchet but let him on anyway in cased they crashed and he needed it to survive.

7357760.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The two pilots got head injuries....does that mean they got axed in the head and still landed the plane?

thomaser

Ghost said:
The two pilots got head injuries....does that mean they got axed in the head and still landed the plane?

Yeah, they did. Here's a picture of the cockpit...

image_QVwFcwoSIC4AABGMdo0.jpg

And here's one of the pilots. He doesn't look too badly hurt, but it had to be extremely stressful nonetheless:

image_QVwIeQoSIAsAAB1psTI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom