• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8: GAF vs GAF |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I suck too much to participate in the GAF chaos. I haven't played Mario Kart much since the N64 game but this one is absolutely fantastic. I'm working my way through the single player grand prix trying to unlock everything until I feel comfortable with actually going online.

plank

Weekly starting Sunday at midnight EST through Saturday 11:30 EST GAF is going to battle itself.

In the honor of one the greatest shows ever the teams will be the Blue Barracudas:
blue_barracudas_by_winter_phantom-d4cmqqh.png

And the other the Red Jaguars:
red_jaguars_by_winter_phantom-d4cmqr2.png

Choose your teams wisely. Luigi is watching:
I5aR4yX.gif

To join head to "Online - One Player" or "Online - Two Player" go to "Tournaments" and then "Search By Code." To see the code to enter, quote my original post and scroll to the bottom of your response (no need to actually reply). In the email brackets you'll see a string of three four digit numbers (####-####-####). Enter those in and you'll be good to go.

Quote to see the tournament code.

So I'm trying to get the time here is it only on Sundays? or Eveyday, or daily?

Do the actual characters have anything to do with the performance or is it all in your vehicle selection? I seem to remember that say Toad and Yoshi seemed to be faster in the N64 game.

random25

Do the actual characters have anything to do with the performance or is it all in your vehicle selection? I seem to remember that say Toad and Yoshi seemed to be faster in the N64 game.

There are character stats for each. Basically each character belong to weight classes. Heavier weight means more stable during bumps, better speed but less acceleration and harder to handle. Lighter weights get tossed around during bumps but they offer better acceleration and handling, good for recoveries.

RiggyRob

Ooh a VS Team Tournament? This sounds fun. I'd sign up but I have limited opportunities to play until August - I'm still interested in joining up though.

I don't get what the Blue Barracudas / Red Jaguars reference is, but I'd have a hard time picking the team - blue's my favourite colour, but red's pretty much my default GAF colour. Decisions, decisions...

lt519

Mods can you please lock, we've merged this with Mario Kart 8 |OT2|. I think people are confusing it with the official OT, unless you think having a separate discussion thread is better. My bad.

Proven

Correct. There are 7 tiers of stats and characters (as far as we know right now) are 100% equal within those tiers. After that you have the vehicle parts to mix and match. This allows you to get the same stat combination on multiple characters all using differing parts.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just went to go get a Mario Kart Wii U Bundle... and they were sold out? X.x but, but who buys the wii u :(... sadness awaits me.

Ordered mine tonight, it'll be here on Friday. Free next day delivery was the icing on the cake, it's a shame I left it so late in the day to order or I'd have got it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom