• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

iD1jv5f8E41eQ.jpg

this is really accurate

akaoni

Banned
I just sniped someone twice in the space of 20 seconds, coins drop and they continue on like nothing. I understand lag compensation and wireless etc but we're supposed to be in the same country.

daydream

Banned
8th to 3rd, I'll take it.

Even though I'm terrible at it, I really like Donut Plains. Using mushrooms/turbo requires some real finesse.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know what happened there. An explosion, and I came out with a star. I guess someone had an 8 in that huge cluster of players.

Nicko

Does anyone know if there is a way to upload a MKTV race replay directly to Youtube with the slo-mo effect?? I have some Luigi moments I want to upload that are hilarious in slo-mo. It is really necessary for me to pull my phone out and record the TV like everyone else seems to be doing? If this feature isn't available, I really hope they patch it in...

I wasn't able to find anything online, so thought I would ask here.

Does anyone know if there is a way to upload a MKTV race replay directly to Youtube with the slo-mo effect?? I have some Luigi moments I want to upload that are hilarious in slo-mo. It is really necessary for me to pull my phone out and record the TV like everyone else seems to be doing? If this feature isn't available, I really hope they patch it in...

I wasn't able to find anything online, so thought I would ask here.

I don't think you can unless you're using a capture card or some kind of recording device. It's a real shame.

jmizzal

I created a Tourny for the Battle mode lovers like me

I'm not good at racing in Mario Kart 8 (or any racing game lol) but i'm very good at Battle mode

The tourny will last until about the end of the month and you can play up to 32 rounds, you can play any time so join when ever and come back when ever you want to play and you will be in the standings just to see where everybody end up.

the code is 5549-4461-7175

Timeaisis

So, now that we've had around 5 days of game time, what are y'alls Top 5 favorite and least favorite courses?

Currently, I'm sitting at:
Best:
1. Shy Guy Falls - Awesome aesthetics and waterfall riding! EDIT: AND SWEET MUSIC OMG.
2. Thwomp Ruins - I love the rolling boulders and the hazards in this one. And the wall-riding.
3. Cloudtop Cruise - Aesthetically, the coolest course in the game. Lightning zone is awesome.
4. Bowser's Castle (New) - Heavy Metal. That's all I can say about that.
5. Dolphin Shoals - That music and that eel part. I love when you re-emerge from the water.
Honorable mentions: Cheep Cheep Beach, Mario Circuit, Piranha Plant Slide, Toad's Turnpike (you heard me)

And worst...
1. Electrodome - Oh, look at that. I've ran into the shit again. I hate this course.
2. Grumble Volcano - I think this one is self explanatory.
3. Sherbert Land - Hated this in GCN, hate it now.
4. Donut Plains - Always forget about the left hand turn out of the water.
5. N64 Rainbow Road - Like the aesthetics, way too short.

Honestly, even the "worst" tracks I like a lot, just not as much as the rest. I had a really hard time picking a top 5. MK8 has my favorite tracklist in the series. I think the only standout one I really hate is Grumble and Sherbert. Electrodome I just lose on consistently, so my anger has built up for it immensely.

Top Bottom