• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

rawbuchanan

Neo Member
Has anyone else finished ahead of an opponent, during online matches, but the rankings have placed the opponent higher?

This has happened to me a couple of times and I can't work out if it's a glitch or a cheat.

Somebody tell me I'm not the only one!

Has anyone else finished ahead of an opponent, during online matches, but the rankings have placed the opponent higher?

This has happened to me a couple of times and I can't work out if it's a glitch or a cheat.

This has happened to me in MKWii and Sonic Racing Transformed. Probably a product of lag.

akaoni

Banned

Players are ahead of where they appear on your screen, the more lag there is then the further they actually are.

So, now that we've had around 5 days of game time, what are y'alls Top 5 favorite and least favorite courses?

Favorites:
1. Cloudtop Cruise - Love the music and design of the track. Not too crazy but it is just a really fun course to play on.
2. Electrodome - I really like how the music works during that one turn at the end, the anti-gravity parts are just too cool.
3. Mount Wario - Brilliant track and I hope we see more courses like this in the future.
4. Twisted Mansion - The anti-gravity parts on this course are great and there's a lot of nice opportunities for shortcuts with mushrooms.
5. Mario Circuit - Simple course but those turns with the piranha plants along the sides are insanely fun to drift on.

Least Favorites:
1. Donut Plains - I always screw up on this track, the turns are too tight for me.
2. Sherbet Land - Just boring, nothing really exciting to it.
3. Yoshi Valley - Not a big fan of the branching paths.
4. Dry Dry Desert - Again, boring to play, I don't really like the style of this course.
5. Rainbow Road - I love the way this looks but I can never find a decent opportunity to use mushrooms besides the very obvious shortcut. The turn at the end drives me nuts too.

Kinda funny that the Double Dash tracks are among my least favorites since it was my favorite game of the series till this one. MK8 is too good.

daydream

Banned
No chance to catch up to Roo after that lightning strike.

At least still managed second (sorry Chaosblade, I outmushroom'd you :p). Close indeed!

daydream

Banned
Comm errors for everyone! :p

Fantastic finish on Electrodrome. Roo passing me with a star (mushroom?), me holding off M_J with a red shell at the last second. Moments before I dodged a fireball barrage and hit Jucksalbe with a lucky green shell. Should've saved it!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Let me take the oppurtunity of this very last page to thank all of you sneaky bastards for all those wonderful shells, lightning and the general gangbanging from all directions

Leunam

How does lightning work? Is it everyone but you on the track? Everyone in range? And why is it that sometimes I'm shrunk down for only two seconds before the effect wears of?

ChrisD

So, now that we've had around 5 days of game time, what are y'alls Top 5 favorite and least favorite courses?

Currently, I'm sitting at:
Best:
1. Shy Guy Falls - Awesome aesthetics and waterfall riding! EDIT: AND SWEET MUSIC OMG.
2. Thwomp Ruins - I love the rolling boulders and the hazards in this one. And the wall-riding.
3. Cloudtop Cruise - Aesthetically, the coolest course in the game. Lightning zone is awesome.
4. Bowser's Castle (New) - Heavy Metal. That's all I can say about that.
5. Dolphin Shoals - That music and that eel part. I love when you re-emerge from the water.
Honorable mentions: Cheep Cheep Beach, Mario Circuit, Piranha Plant Slide, Dolphin Shoals, Toad's Turnpike (you heard me)

And worst...
1. Electrodome - Oh, look at that. I've ran into the shit again. I hate this course.
2. Grumble Volcano - I think this one is self explanatory.
3. Sherbert Land - Hated this in GCN, hate it now.
4. Donut Plains - Always forget about the left hand turn out of the water.
5. N64 Rainbow Road - Like the aesthetics, way too short.

Honestly, even the "worst" tracks I like a lot, just not as much as the rest. I had a really hard time picking a top 5. MK8 has my favorite tracklist in the series. I think the only standout one I really hate is Grumble and Sherbert. Electrodome I just lose on consistently, so my anger has built up for it immensely.

Top 5 (as of now):

Bowser's Castle - I love the tight turns, I love the curving into the depths of the track on the split, and then that music.

Rainbow Road N64 - A straight up race with the best music and visuals in the game.

Grumble Volcano - Tight turns (again), changing track, and most can't race on it making things easier! =p

Rainbow Road - Honestly my enjoyment from this stage all stems from landing the shortcut. The few long drifts are cool too though.

Electrodrome - I just really like drifting and good music okay.

Would type up the worst but can't really choose any other than friggin' Sweet Sweet Mountain and the Sub Station place. Aaaaargh I hate those.

How does lightning work? Is it everyone but you on the track? Everyone in range? And why is it that sometimes I'm shrunk down for only two seconds before the effect wears of?

Everyone is shrunk except for people using invulnerable items like the star or bullet bill. I don't think players who fall off are affected but I'm not 100% sure.

The further back you are, the faster you return to normal. So twelth place recovers very quickly while those in first and second take longer.

Top Bottom