• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iNKIdoFZZFhnS.png

--RACING CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE

ibzdwzBzK6ugeF.png

--MIRROR CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE

ibkolyBnfmyMyh.png

--BATTLE CODE:
QUOTE TO SEE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoGAF's Official Mario Kart 8 NNID Exchange Spreadsheet and IRC Chat are already available - - - QUOTE TO SEE THE LINKS- - -

what does the mirror one mean?

I doubt I'll unlock mirror mode soon

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
GGs all. Ohlawd you're a monsta! sorry for anyone I could have
very intentionally
unintentionally hit with my items, I feel very bad about it
MUAHA

Ricky 7

Just entered the race room. It was bad lol!

I'm not used to play in 150cc yet i've had 3 stars for 50 and 100cc for now. I always hate how MK makes you play so long in low speed modes then you actually have bad habits in term of anticipating the curves.

If you do a cup on 150cc it counts for 50 and 100cc so you don't need to do them in this game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats dude! I'm still struggling to even get 1 star across the board :S

Not sure if it's actually a shortcut since once you land, Lakitu will come and bring you a little further on the map, I'll try and compare with a normal race.

You're supposed to go all the way over the bridge, not land on it.

Just played another 4 hours of this at my buddy's place . So good....it's actually got me checking my bank account and considering buying a console for the first time in 8 years (I briefly owned a 360...been a PC gamer for forever now).

A couple of questions:

When you play online via the Regional option, what CC does it default to? It doesn't feel like 150cc.

What character / cart / wheel combinations are considered the best right now? Are there stats that are more important to performing well than others?

Also, I will be going over to my friend's house again tonight and we will hopefully be jumping into the NeoGaf tourney room for the first time. I can't wait to get my ass handed to me by all of you. I'm assuming the Gaf room is set to 150cc?

Thanks for the answers.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, driving straight into your own bomb is the best feeling

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You drafted me off the track. Oof.

every time i toss bananas or bombs ahead, i end up driving into it myself. without fail, every single time.

I've done this a lot, but I've also had some awesome snipes. And it's worth it when you hit those snipes.

Timeaisis

Just played another 4 hours of this at my buddy's place . So good....it's actually got me checking my bank account and considering buying a console for the first time in 8 years (I briefly owned a 360...been a PC gamer for forever now).

A couple of questions:

When you play online via the Regional option, what CC does it default to? It doesn't feel like 150cc.

What character / cart / wheel combinations are considered the best right now? Are there stats that are more important to performing well than others?

Also, I will be going over to my friend's house again tonight and we will hopefully be jumping into the NeoGaf tourney room for the first time. I can't wait to get my ass handed to me by all of you. I'm assuming the Gaf room is set to 150cc?

Thanks for the answers.

1. Regional should be 150cc.
2. There are no real best, but people are having more success with heavy chars (Rosie, Bowser, Wario, Morton, Pink Gold Peach) on higher-speed karts and sometimes bikes. Personally, I like balanced. You'll see people winning with everything, though.
3. Yeah GAF is always 150cc, but apparently we have a mirror mode now, too! (which is 150cc w/ mirrored courses)

Top Bottom