• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Just so you know, my name online is Mike and I'm playing as Mario. I know I stole someone's victory on Royal Raceway not too long ago with a blue shell right at the end.

Sorry.

Albo

Fun races this afternoon, no disconnects surprisingly. I'm "K" in the lobbies BTW, going to change my name to GAF username soon

A few things I've been wondering though.

What's up with item boxes sometimes disappearing after someone touches them and other time not as they just go through them?

And can players hear each others horns? I've never heard anyone else's but my own.

daydream

Banned
Fun races this afternoon, no disconnects surprisingly. I'm "K" in the lobbies BTW, going to change my name to GAF username soon

A few things I've been wondering though.

What's up with item boxes sometimes disappearing after someone touches them and other time not as they just go through them?

And can players hear each others horns? I've never heard anyone else's but my own.

I think sometimes it just makes up for the lag by leaving item boxes there, even though someone drove through it.

Also, no horns, sadly.

Do you get stars in 100cc or do you have to play 150? Because I got 3 stars in all the cups on 150.

If you start with 50cc or even 100cc you can earn 3 stars for each cup. She earned 3 stars for every other cup, except (ironically enough) star cup, which even after finishing 1st all 4 times, it won't get her the 3 star credit at the end.

Any reason why? Maybe tell her to pick a different character or Kart? or try switching to 150cc and have it reflect backwards for her?

level44

Still haven't played this yet but will get a chance to at the weekend. How are the controls? Who's the best player? Actually pretty excited. Haven't played an MK game for years.

Vylash

Ah, the sweet sound of a blue shell when you're in second place, nothing like it

seinfeld-kart-finallkaaz.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just took the Whomp Fortress shortcut completely blind and managed to hit it. Probably the difference between 2nd and 7th.

Canti

I must've nailed Toadette with about 7 shells on Royal Raceway 10 minutes ago, also hit them with a star and ran over them while small and they were still toe to toe with me up until the end XD Good games GAF!

Can anyone explain how sharing the time trial ghosts work? I have uploaded ghosts to miiverse but I don't get the point of it as it doesn't have any information like the track or time etc? When I check other people's posts on miiverse its the same, just a post tagged time trials. I see that I can go to time trials then to a specific track and I can then see if my friends have ghost data but do I have to scroll each track to find out which track it was for or am I missing something? I suppose when I upload my time trial in future I will add text for the track/time etc but I just thought there would be more to it than this.

javac

I must've nailed Toadette with about 7 shells on Royal Raceway 10 minutes ago, also hit them with a star and ran over them while small and they were still toe to toe with me up until the end XD Good games GAF!

That was me :) good game indeed!

Kinsei

Banned
I'm always falling behind in Yoshi Valley during the labyrinth section.

What's generally the best route to take?

I always go left over the small bridge and usually end up in first if everyone ahead of me takes a different path. Try and keep your drift from the first turn all the way to the bridge for an orange boost.

EDIT: Beaten

AdanVC

Thanks to MK8, the wait for E3 has been a breeze, It's not like past years when I'm literally full on anxiety while counting the seconds left for the show. Now I'm just full of anxiety to win a damn race on Gaf tourneys, damn it!

Neverfade

This has probably been answered somewhere within the near-200 pages of posts, but can anyone summarize how the free game redemption works? I have no interest in Wii U Party and own the other three games. Can I sell/give a code for one away?

Top Bottom