• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel and Star Wars are "Not Off-Limits" for Kingdom Hearts 3

Sou Da

Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc. And their versions of Peter Pan, Aladdin, Little Mermaid etc, are their IPs that they created. Darth Vader was created by George Lucas and Iron Man was created by Stan Lee. Its not the same.

So, you'd be perfectly ok with a Big Hero 6 world then?

Slayven

captain_goofy_kingdom_hearts_by_smudgedredd-d3i1ds8.gif

I can dig it.

Big Hero 6 would be a good fit from what I've seen in the trailers, and I can see Star Wars fitting well in certain cases. But I don't want there to be a heavy dose of either universe for now.

BTW, I don't see the problem with Frozen itself. Seems like a good opportunity that shouldn't be marred by popularity.

Eh, not impossible, but I'll believe it when I see it. KH hasn't even touched the Pixar films yet, and those are much closer to classic Disney than are Marvel and Star Wars.

ikariX

Banned
You don't know the POWER of the KEYBLADE!!!!!!!!!!

Join me and your journey to be a Keyblade master will be complete.

Sora, I AM YOUR FATHER!

How to ruin a series, a guidebook by Kingdom Hearts.

I know cross branding is a big thing, but really there is a time when it's too much.
Yep. PotC world was pushing it in 2. Marvel or Star Wars would really ruin KH for me. There's none of the magic or charm that regular Disney movies have.

If they use Marvel and Star Wars in KH, I hope they're careful with it and have it play out morr background. Marvel and Star Wars just feel out of place next to KH.

Illucio

Banned
So, you'd be perfectly ok with a Big Hero 6 world then?

When I heard that Marvel was off limits the first thing I thought was Big Hero 6. I can see Star Wars being live actiony looking characters like Jack Sparrows homeworld, and I could see one of Star Wars many 3D cartoon shows being used as the artwork/world. (Or just simply use the Death Star and have Sora yell "THAT'S NO MOON.")

I'm open to seeing the Avengers used, I'd just rather wait until the next trilogy of Kingdom Hearts games for it. :/

curb

Banned
After Crystal Skull people have right not to care.

I found some enjoyment in Crystal Skill. You take out that stupid Mutt swinging with monkeys scene and well, the last oh say, 15 minutes of the film and it's not completely horrendous. Oh, and give Marion her brain back too.

Marvel and Star Wars would just be doing too much. There is so much Disney and hell, even Pixar, left to mine before you just do the big cash grab franchises. Marvel and Star Wars could/should be their own carefully crafted crossover thing if they really have to just go that route.

RPGCrazied

Give me Star Wars stuff. Let us play along side Yoda, and get an awesome lightsaber keyblade. Make a Hoth or Death Star level.

Sesha

Mahvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Disney animated classics, Gravity Falls, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest & Tomb Raider (yeah right), Chrono Trigger & Deus Ex (yeah right!), Xenogears (YEAH RIGHT!) all in the same RPG...

4899429947_b60fb08e94.jpg

Magnus

I know cross branding is a big thing, but really there is a time when it's too much.

Lol

The game is already a dramatically over-cluster-fucked melange of worlds, characters and stories with no true narrative integrity to begin with. Its only hope for becoming more awesome and amplifying the only thing it's really great at, is to ram it even more full of recognizable, awesome franchises and characters.

Therefore:

Lightsaber Keyblades. YES.

JCX

There will 100000000% be a Frozen world, considering how big the movie is everywhere. Elsa boss fight should be fun.

I'd be fine with one Star Wars world and some Marvel character cameos, but I don't want it to lose focus on the original Disney/Square magic. I'd actually really like a SE world for once.

rrvv

... am I the only one who want to keep it to just Disney characters?

looks like it's just me

I do too. I dont mind if it just for Item or keyblade. but adding actual important character and world can somehow break the immersion of the KH world that have been build up IMO.

if they really want to add Marvel & SW world. they should for next trilogy.

Famassu

And why would Marvel & Star Wars be off-limits or "ruin" Kingdom Hearts, exactly? If anything, the whole darkness vs. light from Star Wars fits KH's themes perfectly and Marvel has plenty of heroic super heroes as well as fallen ones who'd fit KH as well.

Percy

Banned
Iron Man vs Boba Fett and Darth Vader vs Sephiroth one step closer to reality.

Boss Nass vs Clayton from Tarzan is the one I'm holding out for though.

Yeah adding wolverine is going to ruin Kingdom Hearts compared to how they already ruined it by adding more anime bullshit.

My greatest fear is Nomura redesigning my favorite characters. I am afraid of what he's gonna do to them.

I cant even imagine what stupid bullshit he'll do to star wars. I think that guys like Boyega are safe to be whatever character they are but I know they'll give the heartless some fuckin lightsabers and they'll end up with lightsaber gauntlets and boots but also whips and shit.

rrvv

And why would Marvel & Star Wars be off-limits or "ruin" Kingdom Hearts, exactly? If anything, the whole darkness vs. light from Star Wars fits KH's themes perfectly and Marvel has plenty of heroic super heroes as well as fallen ones who'd fit KH as well.

If they want to put theme as grand as that. they should be put it on beginning. not at the end. I dont really want them half assed.

should wait for new arc after KH3.

I cant even imagine what stupid bullshit he'll do to star wars. I think that guys like Boyega are safe to be whatever character they are but I know they'll give the heartless some fuckin lightsabers and they'll end up with lightsaber gauntlets and boots but also whips and shit.

he barely touch anything in Disney side other than clothes really

don't forget KH already has their version of a Jedi Sith cloak

group.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Star Wars and Marvel are such huge properties that you have to wonder if they'll be able to contain them to just one "world" in game. Do they split up Marvel into different worlds or what?

2386729-9576892294-Annoy.gif

Sorry, including Marvel and Star Wars would ruin the series for me. KH has always featured Disney CREATED characters, not ones they bought. Star Wars and Marvel would just be out of place for me. There's plenty of new worlds they can put in like Frozen, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph. Hell, I'd love to see a Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls world.
The good thing is life goes on for you, while everybody else gets to enjoy it.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
They could make the ultimate Smash clone with access to those properties. Then just tie that in with their Infinity toys. Christ almighty the money they'd print.

2386729-9576892294-Annoy.gif

Sorry, including Marvel and Star Wars would ruin the series for me. KH has always featured Disney CREATED characters, not ones they bought. Star Wars and Marvel would just be out of place for me. There's plenty of new worlds they can put in like Frozen, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph. Hell, I'd love to see a Phineas and Ferb or Gravity Falls world.

I'm pretty sure that they bought Winnie the Pooh and that wasn't a disney creation.

Plus stuff like alice and wonderland was just an adaptation of a book NOT owned by disney.

and nightmare has some weirdness to its creation too, what with Tim Burton working at disney when he came up with the idea but not when they actually began to work on it and stuff.

It's a weird distinction to make unless you just dont want star wars/marvel in the games and are trying to find a reason not to (they aren't "classic" disney which is silly but I guess thats your call)

Mr Buddy

I don't really have a problem with Star Wars worlds/characters being in the game. I think they could make the Death Star fit pretty well into the game by having it be an optional gummi ship mission or something to that effect.

I'm not a big fan of Marvel characters/properties being in it though. I can't place my finger on it, but it just doesn't seem like super heroes and super powers would work in a kingdom hearts world
I know that sounds crazy considering all of the crazy stuff Sora does throughout the games

Top Bottom