• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel`s Blade Announced | The Game Awards 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well shit.

At least it's 100% single player so there still is hope.

Mature rated, Immersive sim Blade game, imagine recreating the opening of Blade.

Excited Wesley Snipes GIF by BBQ Films

Godot25

Banned
I think this is part of the reason the platforms weren’t announced. Maybe Marvel has negotiated to make it multiplatform or something
So Microsoft was able to renegotiate Indiana Jones to make game exclusive but somehow same company (Marvel) forced them to make Blade multiplatform?

More probable scenario is that since game started full development it isn't even a sure thing that it will be out this gen. Since current AAA game productions are 4-5 years.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

It didn't say in the trailer, but why would MS put this on PlayStation?
It is a Marvel license, it all depends on the agreement with them and if that includes release on other platforms....

That said, it would be curious to see MS accept that obligation when the same type with Indiana Jones was corrected and Marvel allows Sony the exclusivity of several even more powerful licenses......

Despite all this, development seems to be in its infancy.

Needlecrash

DO NOT FUCK THIS UP ARKANE. Also, I wonder if Blade is gonna be the British or American rendition of the character....

adamsapple

To who? You? Optics have nothing to do with the development team making a game

My guy, I know lol.

MS, as a publisher, will likely be extra careful with this one because they don't want a case like Redfall. Majority of people don't know the distinction between Arkane Austin and Lyon. They just see the name Arkane and associate with Redfall, see this very thread as an example.

MS will probably want to avoid another Redfall at all costs, I expect Arkane will be under tighter scrutiny on this.

Don't see this releasing any time soon though.
I still don’t get why everyone brings redfall into the discussion. Completely different studio. The makers of this game have nothing to do with redfall…

adamsapple

Marvel's Blade is a radical departure for Arkane Lyon​

Arkane Lyon, one half of Arkane Studios under the Bethesda Softworks publishing wing at Xbox, has worked on a number of games in the past such as Dishonored 2 and most recently Deathloop. While these games were first-person titles focused on stealth and dynamic systems due to being immersive sims, Marvel's Blade is a fairly radical departure, with director and studio head Dinga Bakaba confirming that it will be a third-person game.

“As a kid of mixed origins, I felt a special connection to Blade—a hero with a dual heritage himself,” said Bakaba. “The opportunity to put our spin on this character is a dream of mine and a challenge that our team embraces with a passion. We couldn’t be happier to put players in Blade’s boots, as he becomes the champion of my hometown of Paris, one stake at a time.”

As Arkane Lyon is an Xbox studio, Marvel's Blade will be exclusive to Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC, and will launch day one on Xbox Game Pass.

Speculation from the writer, none of that is mentioned on the Xbox or Marvel post.

Also to further drive home how weird this is, here is the blog post when Spiderman was announced.

Clear as crystal.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Gorgeous trailer but I remember saying the same thing when they revealed Redfall....

I do hope it turns out great though.

DavJay

MS answer to spider man and wolverine wished they went Cap America, iron man or even daredevil.

VinnyMac

Let's be honest it's going up against wolverine and that match up is gonna be a bloodbath when It comes to this or that.

Saber

Let's be honest it's going up against wolverine and that match up is gonna be a bloodbath when It comes to this or that.

Honestly I don't mind Blade. Though if someone ask me if I prefered other heroes, I would agree. Wolverine while superior I feel like is way too pushed and overglorified thanks to movies. I would rather have a X-men game tbh.

Top Bottom