• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Needlecrash

I'm gonna go with shotgun ice.

250px-Mega_Man_X_Shotgun_Ice_Shot.png

Shotgun Ice, Ray Splasher, Gravity Well, Speed Burner and the Twin Slasher.

Ferrio

Banned
The game is being directed by Norio Hirose, whose credits include Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Project Justice, Capcom vs. SNK, and Devil May Cry 4. We’re in good hands.

Damn that's a god tier list.

The game is being directed by Norio Hirose, whose credits include Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Project Justice, Capcom vs. SNK, and Devil May Cry 4. We’re in good hands.

ifc-yipes-face-o.gif

"The game is being directed by Norio Hirose, whose credits include Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Project Justice, Capcom vs. SNK, and Devil May Cry 4. We’re in good hands."

Outside of CVS1, that's a damned fine list of credits.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

We are getting some Rival Schools characters aren't we?

Weiss

Banned

So what you're saying is that Norimaro is making a comeback.

Needlecrash

"The game is being directed by Norio Hirose, whose credits include Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Project Justice, Capcom vs. SNK, and Devil May Cry 4. We’re in good hands."

I'm officially not worried anymore. I personally liked CVS 1.

Skab

Eh, it's not really "news." He's not well-known or anything, he just worked on some cool games in the past.

I think it's news enough to know. Many were wondering who it was now that Niitsuma isn't doing it. (Edit: Corrected below)

The reactions in this thread kinda prove my point.

Seyavesh

hope levels rising

then i go to mobygames and he's a programmer on all of those and not a designer/planner

alright burned that pesky hope again, time to go back to being a curmudgeon

I think it's news enough to know. Many were wondering who it was now that Niitsuma isn't doing it.

The reactions in this thread kinda prove my point.
niitsuma was the producer, not the director. the director of mvc3 was go usuma, who has only worked on tvc and mvc3. tvc as a planner, mvc3 as director.
for example, the producer on sf4/5 is ono, but the director is takahashi sukamoto for 4 and tetsunosuke seki for 5 (he designed sfxt, also).
for this game, the producer role is mike evans from capcom USA.

between all the listed directors there, norio is the only one without any planner/designer/director credits beforehand- he's listed as programmer or in the special thanks sections.

Dahbomb

Nero incoming.

Grapple to get around the stage like Spencer.

Long ranged command grabs like Super Skrull (who might be RIP in peace).

Charged Blue Rose like Zero up to 3 levels.

Just Frame inputs for Red Queen for high skill cap.

Calibur in the air for pseudo air dash.

Helm Breaker, psuedo Stinger, High Roller... classic DMC sword normals that people love to hate.

Devil Trigger utility hyper, Maximum Bet for LVL1 projectile hyper and Showdown for LVL3 cinematic hyper.

Mizerman

Nero incoming.

Grapple to get around the stage like Spencer.

Long ranged command grabs like Super Skrull (who might be RIP in peace).

Charged Blue Rose like Zero up to 3 levels.

Just Frame inputs for Red Queen for high skill cap.

Calibur in the air for pseudo air dash.

Helm Breaker, psuedo Stinger, High Roller... classic DMC sword normals that people love to hate.

Devil Trigger utility hyper, Maximum Bet for LVL1 projectile hyper and Showdown for LVL3 cinematic hyper.

Know what? I don't even mind if Nero makes it in Marvel this time around.

Skab

hope levels rising

then i go to mobygames and he's a programmer on all of those and not a designer/planner

niitsuma was the producer, not the director. the director of mvc3 was go usuma, who has only worked on tvc and mvc3. tvc as a planner, mvc3 as director.

Oh, my mistake then

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Beautiful. Even in a support role, you don't work on these games without taking away a thing or two.

Neoxon

Yeah, I'm not worried about this game at all.

I'm gonna go with shotgun ice.

250px-Mega_Man_X_Shotgun_Ice_Shot.png

Nevertheless, it'll be interesting to see what attacks they take from which games. Seeing Zero's moveset come together from a bunch of attacks throughout the X series in TvC/MvC3 was a joy.

can we get storm tornado tho

MoxManiac

hope levels rising

for example, the producer on sf4/5 is ono, but the director is takahashi sukamoto for 4 and tetsunosuke seki for 5 (he designed sfxt, also).
for this game, the producer role is mike evans from capcom USA.

between all the listed directors there, norio is the only one without any planner/designer/director credits beforehand- he's listed as programmer or in the special thanks sections.

I don't think they'd give him the director's seat on a project this bug if they didn't have faith in him.

So what you're saying is that Norimaro is making a comeback.

Off topic, but I'd love to hear the story of his inclusion. I know he's based off a real Japanese comedian, but I'd love to hear the sequence of events that led him to be added to that game.

jett

D-Member

What happened to Combofiend being battle director??? :p

Hirose is just listed as programmer for those games according to mobygames (and a "special thanks" for DMC4). Doesn't really tell me anything.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
It's time..

akira-standing.jpg

Ryce

I doubt Combofiend is the battle director. That's a full-time position that would require him to work in Japan, but he's not. He's probably inheriting the Seth Killian "advisor" role.

q6vCApt.jpg

eggandI

Banned

Wow he's worked on so many of my favorite Capcom fighters. I hope he does a good job with Infinite

XMEN VS STREET FIGHTER? As in, the best Marvel vs Capcom game aside from MvC2? Holy shit we are in good hands.

Prototype

I know this has been quoted a bunch but DAMN. This game has the potential to be really, really badass

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House

200.gif

If CVS1 didn't have the odd Ratio mechanic, the game would have been so much better. Personally think that CVS1 has some of the best presentation of any fighting game ever.

Source?

"If CVS1 didn't have the odd Ratio mechanic, the game would have been so much better. Personally think that CVS1 has some of the best presentation of any fighting game ever."

It's been so long I don't even remember what about CVS1 put me off, but I definitely remember being thoroughly put off by it. Like, I had fun with Street Fighter: The Movie on Saturn, but CVS1 was put down immediately.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
"If CVS1 didn't have the odd Ratio mechanic, the game would have been so much better. Personally think that CVS1 has some of the best presentation of any fighting game ever."

It's been so long I don't even remember what about CVS1 put me off, but I definitely remember being thoroughly put off by it. Like, I had fun with Street Fighter: The Movie on Saturn, but CVS1 was put down immediately.

4 buttons. I had the same impression, and CVS being 4 buttons killed it for me when it came out. Was only until way later that I could appreciate the game for what it is.

I remember I loved the little stage intros, I thought that was really cool.

Ferrio

Banned
CvS1 backgrounds were the best Capcom ever did imo. The CvS2 backgrounds were just really lackluster compared to it's predecessor. I feel like the same thing happened with 3rd Strike too.

trutrutru

I didn't plan on sharing this just yet, but with the incessant Fox ban discussion I thought I should speak up.

Yesterday, I was told with complete certainty that X-Men and Fantastic Four characters will be coming… as DLC. It's a done deal.

Please let cyclops be one of the dlc characters. Fingers crossed

SteelBallRun

Neo Member
Where's the source for the Norio Hirose rumor? Only thing that comes up is a 4chan thread and I know you guys aren't about to believe 4chan over Ono.
Ono was telling everyone at PSX that a Marvel 2 key staff was the director, Norio did not work on Marvel 2.

Top Bottom