• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Looking at that second set, it really does seem like Champ was adapting, he won a lot of games straight. I think there was a good chance that if he didn't try that GR/Marvel team, he might have enough leeway in the set to actually make it back. The final score was 10-7, and I think he made the switch when Sonic Fox was 6-1 or something against the GR/Marvel team.

Sonic Fox is definitely the better player, but there was definitely some adaption going on, especially since his team comp is pretty unique right now, so no one has time to figure it out yet. It's definitely something people will lab up.

Dartastic

Also some tag tech, havent seen it mentioned and bad tags continue to fuck me up:

If someone tags on you for the tag hit in general you dont have enough time to trade w/ a jab if you're mashing it out, however if you hold jab and tag together your jab will come out frame perfect for a trade and you combo off the hitstun with your incoming char

Also yo yall reading too much into this set, sonicfox is a god for sure and the better man here, but dont act like fchamp isnt also a god and unable to adapt to the matchup down the line
I don't really see many people saying he can't adapt... we're just saying that first game was a blowout and people didn't expect that. I think pretty much all of us here expect him to adapt and adjust. Doesn't mean we still can't have a bit of fun at how sick that blowup was. :p

FSLink

Banned
I don't really see many people saying he can't adapt... we're just that first game was a blowout and people didn't expect that. I think pretty much all of us here expect him to adapt and adjust. Doesn't mean we still can't have a bit of fun at how sick that blowup was. :p
Yup, and it's hilarious because a lot of people doubted SonixFox's success in a Capcom game....on top if that it happened to FChamp, Mr. Early Access who is notorious for talking shit.

Mit-

I made a mechanics thing but it's super basic now. We are learning new stuff daily especially now that frame data is getting jot down.

Here's the document, I plan to update it again:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JomswsMlq1Pjd0v6KT_SnAoPbuMydEaCSR_Eou9lhSA/edit?usp=drivesdk

The tag hit (if you tag and don't press any buttons) is 5 frames. Your character seems to vulnerable for 5 frames coming in. If you press a move after tag, it's 5 frame plus the start up of the move. You can also block coming in

This is pretty great!

"The player who is coming in can alter their trajectory in three ways depending on the direction they hold down. They can either go straight down or fly across the screen to around the halfway point of the screen. This is to prevent tight incoming set ups although activating Infinity Storm during incoming is a very viable tactic to get out of these set ups as well. "

What are those three directions you hold down, and where exactly do they drop you? Forward, neutral, and back? Forward shoots you forward, back is, even closer than usual? Neutral is, somewhere between middle and at the edge? Is the back direction against the wall and prevents people from getting behind you? I have so many questions lol.

Jawmuncher

dc8njej.png

See capcom does know Dino Crisis exists still...they just had to also remember Dino Crisis 3 exists

download1vzs2c.jpg

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Regarding menu delay on PC it goes away when you disable Capcom's shitty implementation of VSync and enable Nvidia's through the 3D settings panel.

patchday

He did but he played fang and lost consistently
He did prtty well for fielding fang though

Oh yeah I wasn't aware of this. I don't follow SFV esports much (amazing EVO 2017 though I watched that!). I've been following SonicFox career for years from NRS games.

brian!

Oh yeah I wasn't aware of this. I don't follow SFV esports much (amazing EVO 2017 though I watched that!). I've been following SonicFox career for years from NRS games.

Yeah im not trying to downplay, like he could def beat me in sfv with one hand tied behind his back, he just didnt show up like that for sfv.

Sigmaah

Oh shit that sigma super!!!

YES NIGGA YES!!! I got a lockdown super let's gooo!!!!

Well yep, deff gonna be playing Zero/Sigma and X/Sigma. (Not like I wasn't gonna already but I'm super amped omfg).

SIGMA LOOKS SO GOOD AHHHH

Time for a lot of niggas to ride the band wagon.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE!

FUNKOzzzzzzzzz

God those things are so stupid. Couldn't they have hitched their wagons to a line of merchandise that wasn't ass?

If DR4 can get another edition with more DLC and probably a higher budget, I'd think MvCI could get more from just having esports and possible marvel promotion. It's not like the game is a garbage fire either - they just need to update the presentation (and change that DLC price).

It's a rocky road, but it's doable. Question is how far Marvel wants to take it, because last time they couldn't even update the game because of them.

JayEH

If DR4 can get another edition with more DLC and probably a higher budget, I'd think MvCI could get more from just having esports and possible marvel promotion. It's not like the game is a garbage fire either - they just need to update the presentation (and change that DLC price).

It's a rocky road, but it's doable. Question is how far Marvel wants to take it, because last time they couldn't even update the game because of them.

It’s worth noting that MS published DR4 at first...

Not the same situation.

ZeroCDR

This is looking to be worse than Dead Rising 4. At this point, I'm just wondering if we'll get anything beyond 2017.

I think we'll at least get Season 2, but they already screwed up the company parity so it might look like 4 Capcom / 2 Marvel, and unless it's Wolverine/Deadpool I think they're shit out of luck at attracting more sales there.

If it continues to do well in tournaments they'll probably pump out MvC3 characters on the cheap and it will limp its way to success.

The holidays could still be kind to the game as well, it did come out against Destiny 2. Drop price to $40.00 and it’s a decent stocking stuffer but who knows.

Jawmuncher

I think we'll at least get Season 2, but they already screwed up the company parity so it might look like 4 Capcom / 2 Marvel, and unless it's Wolverine/Deadpool I think they're shit out of luck at attracting more sales there.

If it continues to do well in tournaments they'll probably pump out MvC3 characters on the cheap and it will limp its way to success.

The holidays could still be kind to the game as well, it did come out against Destiny 2. Drop price to $40.00 and it’s a decent stocking stuffer but who knows.
Hoesntly It’d need to be $30 Black Friday or $60 with the season pass.

It’ll get eaten by other games like Battlefront 2 and such which commonly go for half price during BF since the big pubs can push it

It’s worth noting that MS published DR4 at first...

Not the same situation.

Published could mean multiple things. Since MS merely published it and it came out for Steam and PS4, they could have had a marketing deal and not much else in terms of developmental money. So the bill could be footed primarily by Capcom, especially now that it's coming to multiple systems.

Dre3001

Initially wanted to grab this due to being a big marvel fan but gonna wait for a price drop.

If sales are as bad as people are predicting that should be fairly soon.

Top Bottom