• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 on Wii U to Feature Full 1080p Resolution [Up: Port Dev: No, it's 720p]

Mariolee

I'm getting a Mass Effect in my pants.
Have never played Mass Effect, so I probably won't get this on the Wii U. :/

foogles

It will be.
Yep. A lot of people don't remember this, but Sony touted the PS3 when they announced it as being a "Full HD" (read: 1080p) console as opposed to the 360, which of course the vast majority of developers didn't take advantage of.

And the 360 is capable of true 1080p rendering too. Just, again, most developers don't even try to touch it since it cuts frame rates basically in half over 720p, and makes already very limiting memory restrictions even worse.

Axiology

"The Wii U will be getting the mass effect possible on a console."

I think they accidentally a word.

Also, I absolutely hated the game part of the first Mass Effect and think that the sequel was leagues better. I haven't played 3 yet, but when I do it'll be on Wii U.

No, their legal team warned them that using the word "best" in conjunction with the Mass Effect series might qualify for illegal advertisement in some regions.

Yep. A lot of people don't remember this, but Sony touted the PS3 when they announced it as being a "Full HD" (read: 1080p) console as opposed to the 360, which of course the vast majority of developers didn't take advantage of.

And the 360 is capable of true 1080p rendering too. Just, again, most developers don't even try to touch it since it cuts frame rates basically in half over 720p, and makes already very limiting memory restrictions even worse.

Also the fact that when the 360 launched you literally could not put it in 1080p even on the dashboard. That didn't come until the first software update in spring 06.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Will there be a save translator from PC to WiiU?

jerd

It's EA. I expect From Ashes, Leviathan, and the Firefight Pack to be sold separately, alongside a full priced Wii U port. There's a reason the only DLC they're marketing as "ON THE DISK!!!" also happens to be the 100% free DLC for everyone.

And when this doesn't sell, it means "hardcore games" can't sell on Wii U. Ah the joy of test games.

Pineconn

If Straight Right successfully ports ME3 to Wii U in 1080p, they have my respect. The lazy dev would make as few changes as possible, but it sounds like they're doing pretty well.

EA Sports and Madden, however...

1080p, 60fps, AA, :)

a2dMh.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Textures still 480p.

Pretty much.
If the PC version got shitty textures i doubt the WiiU version will get better.
The higher resolution just makes the shit textures that much more prominent.

I still have nightmares about the Cerberus troops.....looking at those textures at 2560x1600 is just blasphemous.

PhantomR

Banned
Quick question,

I'm picking this up for Wii U and I've already finished Mass Effects 1 and 2. Does the save file from 2 have a major impact on gameplay/story in 3? I've been hearing that it has very little impact, but I was curious. Thanks.

IoCaster

I see, but my question is: Is this game worth it?

There's no excuse for the writing. It's atrocious and stupid. The first game played it mostly straight and didn't get outrageous with characters or plot. The second game had the player character killed and resurrected in the first 15 minutes of the start of the game. Yeah, no joke, just think about that for a minute.

ME3 just carries on from the idiocy of the second game and gets dumber as you advance. It then sinks to the level of incomprehensible gibberish as it tries to slap an 'artistic vision' label onto the worst comic book bullshit imaginable. The game is utter shit from any angle and should be avoided like the plague. Your time would be better invested in playing Mario, Zelda or any other classic Nintendo franchise.

Quick question,

I'm picking this up for Wii U and I've already finished Mass Effects 1 and 2. Does the save file from 2 have a major impact on gameplay/story in 3? I've been hearing that it has very little impact, but I was curious. Thanks.
Characters from 2 have cameos in 3 and some have major roles. A comic that let's you make choices for ME2 will come with the Wii U version.

DonMigs85

I wonder why Nintendo couldn't have just gone with something at least 5670-level...
Anyway let's see how this turns out, and I'm also awaiting a scanning electron microscope analysis of all of Wii U's guts.

Top Bottom