• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix Resurrections – Full trailer Thursday at 6AM PT

Doczu

Oh, this is absolutely true. It’s why earlier in the thread I said some people around here are going to shit their pants with rage when the twist happens 😂

Trinity will be revealed as the new ‘One’ at the end of Resurrections.
the dark knight joker GIF by hero0fwar

I just wanted it to not be another "fuck the fans" type of thing...

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

Cleared_Hot

Christina Ricci & Christopher Reid(Kid from Kid & Play) are in this.
Also Agent Johnson is in it too 🤔
I don't understand why Jada Pinkett Smith is in this either if they recasted Morpheus with a younger actor 😕
Have none of you watched the teasers they had up for a week?! There was some machine creating this morpheus.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Have none of you watched the teasers they had up for a week?! There was some machine creating this morpheus.
I didn't see that, but I thought it was strange that in the Trailer it seem Neo was running away from Morpheus

BigBooper

Just watched the trailer. Nope, don't want to watch it. The 2nd and 3rd movie, while pretty crappy, were at least thematically consistent.

Also, side note. The Wachowski 15 year-post movie claim that the original Matrix was about the trans decision is obviously complete shit with the release of this movie. It was before too, but now... So is this movie about reversing a sex change or something and going back to what you were before?

There's a growing pile of modern movies in a series or universe that I'm choosing to skip because they are unneeded. Like Blade Runner 2049. I'm sure it's a well made, entertaining movie, but I do not like what it means for the original, so I've never seen it and have no interest.

Ulysses 31

Just watched the trailer. Nope, don't want to watch it. The 2nd and 3rd movie, while pretty crappy, were at least thematically consistent.

Also, side note. The Wachowski 15 year-post movie claim that the original Matrix was about the trans decision is obviously complete shit with the release of this movie. It was before too, but now... So is this movie about reversing a sex change or something and going back to what you were before?

There's a growing pile of modern movies in a series or universe that I'm choosing to skip because they are unneeded. Like Blade Runner 2049. I'm sure it's a well made, entertaining movie, but I do not like what it means for the original, so I've never seen it and have no interest.
Eh, I have no issues watching Alien 3 and above and still revisiting Alien and Aliens. Later movies can't retroactively destroy earlier ones IMO.

Sure I roll my eyes whenever they try like with The Last Jedi or Terminator Dark Fate but that's about it.

Last edited:

kunonabi

I shouldn't be surprised by Neogaf, but holy shit some of you are so negative on this! Haha

We all have our opinions, but I think this trailer fucking rules. The first Matrix is my all-time favorite movie, and this trailer is such an intriguing mystery that could go in a hundred different directions. It could easily be shit, but I do believe this is an inspired sequel that will be full of inspired ideas that are weird. That excites me more than I can put into words. This isn't going to be a lazy cashgrab; Lana's definitely got something she wants to say with this film.
Having something to say isn't the same as having something worthwhile to say especially when it comes to the Wachowskis.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ok wtf of the day is Lawrence Fishburne was only like 37 or 38 when they filmed The Matrix?! I’m almost that old!
Keanu Reeves 3 was 34, 38 & 39 in the trilogy
So by the end of the trilogy he was my age.
I guess that's not old considering he doing a sequel 20-15 years later

Cleared_Hot

I shouldn't be surprised by Neogaf, but holy shit some of you are so negative on this! Haha

We all have our opinions, but I think this trailer fucking rules. The first Matrix is my all-time favorite movie, and this trailer is such an intriguing mystery that could go in a hundred different directions. It could easily be shit, but I do believe this is an inspired sequel that will be full of inspired ideas that are weird. That excites me more than I can put into words. This isn't going to be a lazy cashgrab; Lana's definitely got something she wants to say with this film.
100% agree with you. This is so awesome and it's amazing how pessimistic and pissy people are being.

Thaedolus

Keanu Reeves 3 was 34, 38 & 39 in the trilogy
So by the end of the trilogy he was my age.
I guess that's not old considering he doing a sequel 20-15 years later
When Reloaded released I was a senior in high school and printed off a “note from my mom” in my second period computer class excusing me for the day so I could go see it the morning it opened

I’m not sure if the attendance lady actually believed the note was real or not but she was a neighbor and liked me so I got to go see my movie without getting in trouble

What if this upcoming film isnt a sequel but in fact a prequel?

One of the 5 versions of The Matrix simulation that existed before the Matrix trilogy?

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
What if this upcoming film isnt a sequel but in fact a prequel?

One of the 5 versions of The Matrix simulation that existed before the Matrix trilogy?
Seems like it's pretty clearly a sequel. And the color scheme resembles the "dreamy" 7th iteration we have seen at the ending of Revolutions.

Ionian

Second film was dire, only the first one was good.

A real shame too as the trailers for the second were amazing.

darrylgorn

Glad I was able to just enjoy the movie at that time and never think about it after leaving the theater.

People are fucked.

Rewatched the first movie recently and it really is a classic. It helps me appreciate how different the late 90's were in terms of movies, especially sci fi and action, compared to modern times.

Watched the trailer for the new movie again. I'm pretty hyped.

clarky

Gold Member
Rewatched the first movie recently and it really is a classic. It helps me appreciate how different the late 90's were in terms of movies, especially sci fi and action, compared to modern times.

Watched the trailer for the new movie again. I'm pretty hyped.
Un hype yourself mate, I will bet my left nut this will be utterly shit. They couldn't make a decent sequel before what make you think they can do it now?

Corpsepyre

Banned
2Ypr07o.jpg

Another turd.

Imagine being allowed to make the movie poster for one of the most iconic, most recognizable IP's in modern cinema history and this is what you come up with. Embarrassing.

Ok, yeah, I didn't mind the first poster as it looked pretty standard. But this....yeah.

Top Bottom