• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix Resurrections – Full trailer Thursday at 6AM PT

Stuart360

I wish they paid him enough to convince him to cut his hair or at least shave his beard for one of his most iconic role.

He looks like a hobo.

And I had longer hair half of my life.
I read that he does in the 'real world' parts of the film. It was a while ago i read that though so who knows.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I wish they paid him enough to convince him to cut his hair or at least shave his beard for one of his most iconic role.

He looks like a hobo.

And I had longer hair half of my life.

Keanu Reeves Shaved His Head For 'Matrix 4'

aXgmG9z_700bwp.webp

jason10mm

Gold Member
Is it known if it's a new trilogy are a one off?
Is ANYTHING a one off these days?

Given how multi-media Matrix stuff was back in the day, I've no doubt there are a dozen offshoots that were at least pitched should this film do moderately well.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if the final scene has Neo taking off an Oculus Quest 2 headpiece and turning around right into a John Wick 4 trailer.

Romulus

Rdy to eat crow but I'm betting this ends up like a youtube fan made movie but with the real actors like Keanu etc.

Corpsepyre

Banned

“I saw the film in Berlin in September. It’s really good,” Mitchell said. “I cannot tell you what this film is about, but I could explain what it is not. It’s certainly not yet one more sequel, but something autonomous that contains the three Matrix that preceded in a really ingenious way. It’s a very beautiful and weird creation. It also achieved a couple of things that we do not see in action films, meaning it subverts the rules of blockbusters.”

Subvert? Okay, Internetists and Twittists, get ready to sharpen fucking pitchforks!

Romulus

Yup, a $150 million blockbuster, distributed by Warner Bros, has all the makings of a Youtube fan made movie.

Ah yes, gobs of money and prominent studios always equal quality.

And there are some half-decent youtube projects out there too, and outside of the ridiculous effects that eat up the budget, there's not much disparity these days considering how much creativity has plummeted.

But I digress

matrix-resurrections-ver2-button-1637176459091.jpg

Corpsepyre

Banned
Ah yes, gobs of money and prominent studios always equal quality.

And there are some half-decent youtube projects out there too, and outside of the ridiculous effects that eat up the budget, there's not much disparity these days considering how much creativity has plummeted.

But I digress

matrix-resurrections-ver2-button-1637176459091.jpg

My point was that, yes, it could very well be a mediocre film in the end, but as we've seen from the trailer already, a fan-made affair, with resulting quality, this is clearly not or will be. There's a difference, and I'm not sure where this came from, tbh.

Also, there's a better poster for the film that's out, and a lot of good films have had worse posters.

Last edited:

Romulus

My point was that, yes, it could very well be a mediocre film in the end, but as we've seen from the trailer already, a fan-made affair, with resulting quality, this is clearly not or will be. There's a difference, and I'm not sure where this came from, tbh.

Also, there's a better poster for the film that's out, and a lot of good films have had worse posters.

right, and I was clear that I'm ready to eat crow over my opinion, but it looks awful thus far.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm confused. Is Morpheus just a idea? Is that why there is a new, younger actor in the role?

jason10mm

Gold Member
No matter if the movie will be bad or good im sure that it will be a fun watch.
I dunno. Jupiter Ascending was straight up painful. Cloud Atlas was just a faithful adaptation of a really good book, but the decision to race face the actors was bizarre. Even the matrix sequels when they were in their prime are a bit intolerable with overindulge monologues. I ha e little faith. With enough money SFX can look fantastic in a trailer, bit will I care about any of it?

The Skull

It just looks so devoid of any kind of art direction, plastered with green screen and obvious fake sets. Maybe that's down to covid but it just doesn't look good to me. Hoping to eat crow.

VN1X

Banned
So is there another trailer tomorrow or should we maybe change the thread title? :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Tokio Blues

So...

Neo is getting rescued again. So I assume that Zion and the events of the previous matrix never happened, they were only a reflection of what it supposed to be "the real world" but it was just another program, another matrix. Its like a Matrix inside another matrix. Like russian dolls.

asd.jpg

Last edited:

Corpsepyre

Banned
Whoever's editing these trailers is doing a fantastic job. I had no interest in the film, but then the first trailer hit and wow'ed me. And now, this!

Last edited:

ShadowLag

So...

Neo is getting rescued again. So I assume that Zion and the events of the previous matrix never happened, they were only a reflection of what it supposed to be "the real world" but it was just another program, another matrix. Its like a Matrix inside another matrix. Like russian dolls.

asd.jpg

No, this is a sequel - Neo is briefly shown
lying unconscious in the machine world with burned eyes from the ending of Matrix 3
in quick flashes at the beginning of the first trailer.

Tokio Blues

No, this is a sequel - Neo is briefly shown
lying unconscious in the machine world with burned eyes from the ending of Matrix 3
in quick flashes at the beginning of the first trailer.

It's not a sequel, multiples previews viewers said that is not a sequel. But my point is that, the "real world" as we know it, may be another simulation of the matrix.

Last edited:

Doczu

The way all those scenes blend... Holy shit, it's like all the moves were made exactly so they could make this trailer. Amazing.
Some? Yes. But then you have scenes from the og trilogy thst blend perfectly.
"It's like poetry. It rhymes"

Yoboman

It just looks so devoid of any kind of art direction, plastered with green screen and obvious fake sets. Maybe that's down to covid but it just doesn't look good to me. Hoping to eat crow.
I disagree the art direction is on point

Feels distinct but still the Matrix

McCheese

The way all those scenes blend... Holy shit, it's like all the moves were made exactly so they could make this trailer. Amazing.

Or they just made this movie as a cash-grab mimicking the original rather than writing something that can stand on it's own legs.. really worried they are doubling-down on the rememberries on this one by showing just as much footage of the original than the new film, and at worst are going to try to recon it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Skull

If this is a "Matrix within a Matrix" then I can easily seeing this being retcon into Trinity being the one instead of Neo.

Top Bottom