• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s UK to launch premium burger line to challenge Five Guys, Shake Shack, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to get closer to this (not the prices):

60s3Vqv.jpg

The amount of stuff they offer now is crazy.
Coffee shakes?? That sounds awesome.

They look pretty decent to me. Doesn't mean I would buy them cuz it's still McD.

Btw like your username and avatar. lol!
Thanks. And I didn't mean that it looked bad tasting, it was more in reference to it being a guilty pleasure. I loved hamburgers, but I've stopped eating them because of the recent cancer study.

MouldyK

McDonald’s has introduced new lay-outs and increased technology to the kitchens, meaning all iconic menu items will be made specially to order for customers. Due to the thicker patty the new burger takes a little longer to cook than other burgers on the menu which means at quieter times there could be a short wait for a Signature Collection burger, but it’s worth waiting for.

Made To Order...

...could take longer when it's quieter?

Knowing McDonalds, they'll still pump them out throughout the day and they'll be cold.

Zutroy

I recently got to try one of their make your own burgers from the self serve machines when I was on holiday in San Francisco. I was quite impressed with it and thought the value for money was great. I hope they bring them over nationwide to the UK.

That's what In-N-Out became. They have a very simple menu.

and I will NEVER understand that.

what is wrong with variety?!

I dont get the long lines always at in n out and the drive through

people eat that shit almost daily and there is like no variety there at all.

Ashhong

I'm down for this. Five Guys is pricey but pretty good. If McDonalds tastes good too then why wouldn't I go there?

edit: That..does not look that good though.

lol if I want a premium burger then I'd go to a premium grill, diner, steakhouse, etc.. not McDonald

if they did this in Canada it wouldn't have a long-term effect

jwk94

I miss when they had coffee shakes.

I loved Jack in the boxes coffee shakes

the jamocha from arbys is wonderful but I dont live near them anymore.

I was going to make a joke about coffee beign in the shakes section, but did they really have coffee shakes??

KJRS_1993

I'd say the competition for McDonald's in town centres is more from discount baguette and pizza shops.
"Eat4Less" and other shops which do you a baguette, fries and a drink for less than £2.
It's cheap and crap food, but so is MaccyD's.

A meal in Mac's easily runs up to almost a fiver. Yao shit is too expensive yo. An even more expensive range of products ain't gonna do eff all.

Sanjuro

Those places aren't McDonalds competition though.

People love McDonalds for different reasons. The sooner they realize their profit margins might not be what they were a few years ago, the sooner they will create a simplified, cheaper, and streamlined menu.

entremet

and I will NEVER understand that.

what is wrong with variety?!

I dont get the long lines always at in n out and the drive through

people eat that shit almost daily and there is like no variety there at all.

Variety is fine, but it usually ends in mediocrity. I'd rather focus on a few things and do them superlatively.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Thick patty isn't even important at all.. best burgers I've ever had haven't had super thick burgers... it's just good ground beef cooked and seasoned on a flat top to develop a nice crust.. then it's all about a nice slice of cheese and a decent bun.

All this talk about toppings or fancy whatevers.. fuck all that.. burger perfection is bun, crusted quality beef and a slice of cheese. Get a good one of those and you realize all the other stuff is just crap.

Choabac

I have to say I've been a big fan of create your own taste in Australia.

There is a significant jump in the quality of the burger and ingredients, at least in my experience.

Its generally got pretty decent reviews by diners too.

Yeah those burgers are pretty good. Expensive though compared to the normal menu and there's a bit of wait But I think it's worth the extra cost and time.

Australia doesn't have 5 Guys, Shake Shack etc, so it's a good substitute.

Thick patty isn't even important at all.. best burgers I've ever had haven't had super thick burgers... it's just good ground beef cooked and seasoned on a flat top to develop a nice crust.. then it's all about a nice slice of cheese and a decent bun.

All this talk about toppings or fancy whatevers.. fuck all that.. burger perfection is bun, crusted quality beef and a slice of cheese. Get a good one of those and you realize all the other stuff is just crap.

This is why many people love In-N-Out. It's a simple burger, priced cheap, and it pretty much melts in your mouth the moment you take a bite.

Kyoufu

Grilled onions, sauce and crispy bacon are a must.

Beefy

Five Guys are expanding so they need to do something. A new Five Guys opens near me soon, so will try it for the first time.

joe2187

Banned
Never seen a In N Out in the UK. I doubt they have many locations here.

Seeing as expanding to more than 50 miles away from their produce/meat source would go against the In N Out principal, I doubt you will ever see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom