• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create: 28 Aug - 3 Sep

Jonnyram

Member
Jun 8, 2004
19,828
0
0
Neo Tokyo
1. PSU 120,202
2. New Super Mario Bros 72,763 - 2,974,027
3. Brain Age 2 46,662 - 3,119,857
4. Final Fantasy III 45,949 - 549,001
5. Tingle 45,496
6. Cooking Navi 35,689 - 419,733
7. Mario Basketball 34,001 - 267,763
8. Animal Crossing 32,605 - 3,181,735
9. Rhythm Tengoku 28,361 - 123,432
10. Tamagotchi 2 27,540 - 458,474
 

Raw64life

Member
Jun 9, 2004
9,725
0
1,300
So version 2 from the other thread was correct. Any idea on what % of FFIII was sold?
 

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Apr 28, 2006
661
0
0
Okay, FFIII is having shortages.....Why are all the other DS games going down?

Edit: And by all others I really meant just a couple. Yes....yes I meant that all along and I did read the entire list before posting the first time. You can be sure of that.
 

jett

D-Member
Jun 6, 2004
98,875
8
1,765
Finaru Bombaru III.

Nah, just kidding. Next week will be more telling of the game's fate.
 

Square2005

Banned
Mar 10, 2005
1,293
0
0
35
Texas
Jonnyram said:
1. PSU 120,202
2. New Super Mario Bros 72,763 - 2,974,027
3. Brain Age 2 46,662 - 3,119,857
4. Final Fantasy III 45,949 - 549,001
5. Tingle 45,496
6. Cooking Navi 35,689 - 419,733
7. Mario Basketball 34,001 - 267,763
8. Animal Crossing 32,605 - 3,181,735
9. Rhythm Tengoku 28,361 - 123,432
10. Tamagotchi 2 27,540 - 458,474
Now Compare:

1. Phantasy Star Universe 137,000
2. New Super Mario Bros. 56,000
3. GuitarFreaks & DrumMania 25,000
4. Brain Training 2 24,000
5. Animal Forest 23,000
6. Tamagotchi 2 21,000
7. Final Fantasy III 20,000
8. Rune Factory 18,000
9. God Industry ?? 17,000
10. EVE New Generation 15,000

Not bad IMO for only receiving 1/300th of Japanse sales estimates.
 

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Mar 2, 2006
19,524
0
0
that rumor of pokemon using all the ds card factories must be true...
 

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Apr 28, 2006
661
0
0
Ha! Us "Like all other FF games, FFIII will have a steep second week dive"-ers were correct by default!

Shortages = default, right?
 

typhonsentra

Banned
May 24, 2005
8,465
0
0
It's like I thought. FF3's real test will be whether or not it sees a dramatic dropoff from where it is now next week (Sub-30 or 20 thousand).
 

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Dec 9, 2005
6,173
0
0
So the whole initial shipment of FF3 (well 99%) has sold out? Anybody have any idea how long DS games take to produce? Square Enix was stupid not to have more ready for the Black DS launch.

Mario 3 on 3 keeps its legs. It'll probably break 500k easy.
 

Link648099

Banned
Jul 19, 2004
1,055
0
0
typhonsentra said:
It's like I thought. FF3's real test will be whether or not it sees a dramatic dropoff from where it is now next week (Sub-30 or 20 thousand).
But do we know that Square can replenish?
 

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Dec 9, 2005
6,173
0
0
Fuzzy said:
I guess it won't come close to the first in sales.
Xmas is just around the corner... If it can stay between 25-30 k a week till then, it'll be boosted.
 

Square2005

Banned
Mar 10, 2005
1,293
0
0
35
Texas
Code:
                             media-create  -  comgnet * formula to scale-up to nat'l total:
1. PSU                           120,202  -  508 * 237
2. New Super Mario Bros   72,763  -  100 * 728
3. Brain Age 2                  46,662  -   68 * 686
4. Final Fantasy III           45,949  -  35 * 1313
5. Tingle                          45,496  -  ??
6. Cooking Navi                35,689  -  32 * 1115
7. Mario Basketball           34,001  -  91 * 374
8. Animal Crossing           32,605  -  66 * 494
9. Rhythm Tengoku          28,361  -  ??
10. Tamagotchi 2             27,540  -  60 * 459
i need to remember these numbers for future reference when making projections for the coming week.
 

AdmiralViscen

Banned
Oct 20, 2005
12,060
0
0
davepoobond said:
so i guess we can attribute all of ps2's sales to ps3 when the ps3 is released because of backwards compatibility!

<_< is one of the most stern and serious emoticons. You are a clever man.
 

cvxfreak

Member
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
2
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
11. Brain Age
12. PSP / VALHALLA KNIGHTS
13. Eve ~new generation~
14. English Training DS
15. Mario Kart DS
16. Kamiwaza
17. Tetris DS
18. DS/ Chousojuu Meka MG
19. GuitarFreaks & DrumMania MASTERPIECE SILVER
20. Rune Factory Shin Bokujou Monogatari
21. Jissen Pachislot! Hokuto no Ken SE
22. Kokoro wo Yasumeru Otona no Nurie DS
23. Daito Pachislot Simulator Hihouden
24. PSP/ SD Gundam G Generation Portable
25. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 13
26. Minna no Seminar Kanpeki Kanji
27. Digimon Story
28. Monster Hunter Portable
29. Big Brain Academy
30. Melty Blood Act Cadenza

Fuzzy said:
I guess it won't come close to the first in sales.
I wouldn't rule it out yet. The holiday could be kind to it.
 

Clever Pun

Member
Apr 7, 2006
2,029
0
0
www.somesmart.com
Square2005 said:
Code:
                             media-create  -  comgnet * formula to scale-up to nat'l total:
1. PSU                           120,202  -  508 * 237
2. New Super Mario Bros   72,763  -  100 * 728
3. Brain Age 2                  46,662  -   68 * 686
4. Final Fantasy III           45,949  -  35 * 1313
5. Tingle                          45,496  -  ??
6. Cooking Navi                35,689  -  32 * 1115
7. Mario Basketball           34,001  -  91 * 374
8. Animal Crossing           32,605  -  66 * 494
9. Rhythm Tengoku          28,361  -  ??
10. Tamagotchi 2             27,540  -  60 * 459
i need to remember these numbers for future reference when making projections for the coming week.
Hmm... but it's so inconsistent, how can you glean anything from it? hard to find titles (FFIII) were hugely underepresented in the Comgnet stores sampled, while PSU was (possibly) over represented by these same stores.

Just seems too difficult to consistently draw any conclusions - at least based on this little bit of data.
 

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Jan 11, 2005
31,107
1
1,635
cvxfreak said:
I wouldn't rule it out yet. The holiday could be kind to it.
I ruled it out, that's final!


OT: :lol @ your new avatar.
 

Square2005

Banned
Mar 10, 2005
1,293
0
0
35
Texas
Clever Pun said:
Hmm... but it's so inconsistent, how can you glean anything from it? hard to find titles (FFIII) were hugely underepresented in the Comgnet stores sampled, while PSU was (possibly) over represented by these same stores.

Just seems too difficult to consistently draw any conclusions - at least based on this little bit of data.
Observations:
For the NDS multiply by ~750
For PS2 multiply by ~250

Let's see how this works in the future...
 

Juice

Member
Dec 16, 2004
14,723
3
0
Something tells me that there has been a flurry of panicked phone calls from SE to Nintendo about fabbing more of those FFIII carts this week.

Whether it was SE under-ordering or manufacturing shortages, nobody wins when a hot game isn't available. Hopefully they can replenish the channel before all the kids beat it and sell it used.
 

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Jun 12, 2004
7,930
5
0
43
Does anyone have Media-Create sales of 360 for the last 8 weeks?
 

soundwave05

Member
Sep 30, 2004
10,681
0
0
Square-Enix screwed themselves with their FF3 shipments .... on both weekends. They easily should be at 650k-700k, but they just sat on their initial shipment.