• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create: 28 Aug - 3 Sep

Tabris

soundwave05 said:
You wanna impress us, Tabris? I dare you to even *try* and spin damage control in the big PS3 thread :lol

What happened to those SDF guys? Where's SolidSnake?

I mean I try to keep it up on the sales threads but I thought they covered those threads :)

Tabris

Oh damn, I didn't even notice that thread. Europe gets screwed and it's going to be a riot in JP/US for consoles. That's worse than the PS2 launch. 400k?

so with the weekly DS charts still being posted, and the figures DS itself is still selling with POkebomb still to come, and the stupid PS3 numbers. How much head start do you think Wii will have on PS3 in Japan by the time PS3 starts shipping in full amounts?

And i like now that GAF is so on top of sales all round the world. Now we will know how much the PS3 sells, and won't have to rely on shipped numbers.

Tabris said:
What happened to those SDF guys? Where's SolidSnake?

I mean I try to keep it up on the sales threads but I thought they covered those threads :)

SolidSnake didn't even bother to show :lol

Poor SolidSnake :(

There's one guy holding up the Sony fort and he's like Gary Sinise in Forrest Gump, out in the middle of a monsterous thunderstorm yelling himself hoarse with no legs.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tabris said:
You know what? Straight up, I wanted FF3 on the PSX so I could have completed my collection.
SHOCK! :lol

and I doubt completing a collection is your only reason :p

ethelred

Error2k4 said:
SHOCK! :lol

and I doubt completing a collection is your only reason :p

What! Are you ascribing some sort of sinister ulterior motivations to Tabris? Have you no dignity, sir? Have you no shame?

Syb

DefectiveReject said:
How much head start do you think Wii will have on PS3 in Japan by the time PS3 starts shipping in full amounts?

Well the PS3 launch is around 2.5 Months away... the DS is currently approaching 11M? I could see the DS at 14M easily by the time the PS3 is out in Japan considering Pokemon would be out and all.

I actually feel the same way. and I'd prefer if it weren't a remake but just the original experience (I was kinda ticked with what they did with 1 and 2) in 3D. It's not about the DS at all here, it's just that it's a weird blank spot in a collection I was accumulating.

ethelred

typhonsentra said:
I actually feel the same way. and I'd prefer if it weren't a remake but just the original experience (I was kinda ticked with what they did with 1 and 2) in 3D. It's not about the DS at all here, it's just that it's a weird blank spot in a collection I was accumulating.

Fascinating. Tell us more.

typhonsentra said:

You'll have to forgive me if I don't shed any tears for Playstation fans that didn't get to play a remade Final Fantasy III.

Square-Enix should remake FF7 for the Wii + DS to make it even.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
typhonsentra said:
whaaaaaaaaaat?

Tabris

Well we never actually got to play the original (except really bad fan translation), and I have this huge collection on PSX of every FF game except for 3. Would have been nice.

I don't want a remake. I don't even care about the game. Hell, I plahyed FF2 for a whole 10 minutes. It's about completing the collection, and FF3 DS is too remade to count as the same game.

typhonsentra said:
I don't want a remake. I don't even care about the game. Hell, I plahyed FF2 for a whole 10 minutes. It's about completing the collection, and FF3 DS is too remade to count as the same game.

Wait for the Nintendo Virtual Console download of the original FFIII. *smiles*

Should be no loading times to boot.

typhonsentra said:

_39031739_bully203_body.jpg

soundwave05 said:
Wait for the Nintendo Virtual Console download of the original FFIII. *smiles*

Should be no loading times to boot.
Heh.

Dragona Akehi said:

Thanks for your contribution to the thread!

RainbowL33T said:
If you don't care about the game why care if it's a remake,You said yourself that you don't play them much.
I do like the series, just not each and every game in the main series. I still like the idea of having the entire collection though.

ethelred

typhonsentra said:

typhonsentra said:

Aren't you special.

Tabris said:
Well we never actually got to play the original (except really bad fan translation), and I have this huge collection on PSX of every FF game except for 3. Would have been nice.

You also want it on the GBA, right? I mean, just to complete the collection.

ethelred

typhonsentra said:
Why you're very welcome.

*Fake smile*

Hey, why don't you go over to the Joker thread again and ask a few more deeply penetrating and insightful questions about the DQM series?

typhonsentra said:
I do like the series, just not each and every game in the main series. I still like the idea of having the entire collection though.

Is it... hmm... I dunno, maaaaybe possible that the ones you like are the ones that originated on Sony hardware and the ones you don't like didn't?

This could be a crazy theory, mind you.

ethelred said:
Hey, why don't you go over to the Joker thread again and ask a few more deeply penetrating and insightful questions about the DQM series?
Why that sounds like a brilliant idea. Thank you.

Tabris

Yeah, actually it would be cool if it was on GBA too.

If it was all about Sony, why would I own FF1,2,4 on GBA and the original FF2us and FF3us on SNES? (I owned it back in the day, traded it stupidly than re-bought it on ebay for almost the original price)

soundwave05 said:
You'll have to forgive me if I don't shed any tears for Playstation fans that didn't get to play a remade Final Fantasy III.

Square-Enix should remake FF7 for the Wii + DS to make it even.

Oh how I'd love FF7 DS, just to see the reactions. (Gamefaqs would explode :lol)

soundwave05 said:
Leave TyphoonSentra alone. He got chased out of the PS3 Euro delay thread.
I posted in the thread maybe.... 10 or 15 minutes ago? Nice try though.

And Ethelred: I started with FF4 on the SNES and it's still probably my favorite. I didn't really like the original nor the PS1 remake of FF2, which is all I have experience with for the ooooolder titles.

And before someone accuses me of deriding this thread: Look at my post which caused this cluster****. It's pretty innocuous, essentially saying "I can understand the completionist mindset". From there people started piling on. Apparently my mere existence is enough to set some people off.

typhonsentra said:
I posted in the thread maybe.... 10 or 15 minutes ago? Nice try though.

You're giving it the good ol' college try, but it's just too much :lol

Besides the old Famicom/Super Famicom Final Fantasy games have no business on Sony's aborted bastard child SNES CD-ROM of a platform.

KINGMOKU

mj1108 said:
Someone mentioned that game manufacturing plants are focused on Pokemon.
As they should be. Nothing is more important then Pokemon.

You cant meet demand on that game, people will die.

cvxfreak

Yeah, the focus on Pokemon began before FFIII was even released. I guess this would have been less of a problem if FFIII released in July like previously expected.

Tabris

Why are you people excited about/cheering on Pokemon?

Do you actually play Pokemon? or you just cheering for Nintendo cause it's your favorite company?

soundwave05 said:
You're giving it the good ol' college try, but it's just too much :lol

Besides the old Famicom/Super Famicom Final Fantasy games have no business on Sony's aborted bastard child SNES CD-ROM of a platform.

Hooooly shit. :lol

How the hell am I the troll here again?

Here we have someone who's actively confrontational to all my posts and openly trolling a game system.

KINGMOKU

Tabris said:

Do you actually play Pokemon? or you just cheering for Nintendo cause it's your favorite company?
Why do you ask questions like this? Why do you care? Are you excited about/cheering for a flame war?

Tabris

moku said:
Why do you ask questions like this? Why do you care? Are you excited about/cheering for a flame war?

Because this is like me cheering on Dragon Ball Z PS2.

It sells well but it shouldn't and there's no reason to cheer this on unless you play it.

loosus

Banned
Holy shit. While it's great that the DS is performing so well, the Nintendo-fan jackoffery is a little too much. Kinda follows the Nintendo-fan stereotype a little too well.

KINGMOKU

Tabris said:
Because this is like me cheering on Dragon Ball Z PS2.

It sells well but it shouldn't and there's no reason to cheer this on unless you play it.
Sucks for those million of sports fans then hey.

Morons they are.

People have thier reasons, and the last thing anyone wants to do is explain themselves to someone who, on purpose, incites flame threads, and causes angerballs to happen.

What the hell do you care anyway?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
soundwave05 said:
There's one guy holding up the Sony fort and he's like Gary Sinise in Forrest Gump, out in the middle of a monsterous thunderstorm yelling himself hoarse with no legs.

at least said guy has legs

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Tabris said:

and why do you care?

Tabris

Dragona Akehi said:

Do a search on Pokemon. I dare you.

I did and found a bunch of nintendo threads and sale threads.

So you all play Pokemon? You like to catch them all? If so... umm... good on you? Different tastes I guess, kinda suprised you all play pokemon though.

Tabris said:

So you all play Pokemon? You like to catch them all? If so... umm... good on you? Different tastes I guess, kinda suprised you all play pokemon though.

I don't play Pokemon. I do enjoy taunting people about its sales numbers though.

KINGMOKU

Tabris said:

Imagine that.

Good games know no age boundries. If you play games based on how old it makes you feel, sad state of affairs my friend.

Pokemon just to "kiddy" for ya' huh? :lol

Top Bottom