• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create: 28 Aug - 3 Sep

loosus

Banned
soundwave05 said:
I don't play Pokemon. I do enjoy taunting people about its sales numbers though.
Have you considered counseling? Seriously? Because you put way too much time, way too much effort, and way too much emotion into these forums.

And I'm being pretty much serious. If I had to single out a person on this board that needs help, it'd be you. You really seem consumed by this stuff to a health-degrading level.

ethelred

Tabris said:
I did and found a bunch of nintendo threads and sale threads.

So you all play Pokemon? You like to catch them all? If so... umm... good on you? Different tastes I guess, kinda suprised you all play pokemon though.

You like to hit wasp hives with baseball bats, right?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Tabris said:
Why are you people excited about/cheering on Pokemon?

Do you actually play Pokemon? or you just cheering for Nintendo cause it's your favorite company?
what are you trying to say? pokemons are excellent games, never mind the milking just play the main series games.

and what's wrong with liking pokemon? you like Xenosaga ffs and call it and I quote "the best storyline in a videogame this generation"

if you are trying to say people that like pokemon have bad taste then ugh... nice try.

loosus said:
Have you considered counseling? Seriously? Because you put way too much time, way too much effort, and way too much emotion into these forums.

And I'm being pretty much serious. If I had to single out a person on this board that needs help, it'd be you. You really seem consumed by this stuff to a health-degrading level.

Uh, you seem to be the one who's blowing things out of proportions.

You know, sports fans can get pretty wild. I recall one group of people crying because their team didn't win. But for what? Will it benefit them in any way? No. It's just fun (if you don't let it get to you too much) to root for something I guess. If people can passionately root for their favorite sports teams, then I say it's OK for people to root their favorite system/company in sales. Yeah, it's 100000000x more nerdy than sports, but it's the same premise.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
davepoobond said:
pokemon is so good i bought the same game 3 times. 1 version of red, 2 of blue.
you know you're a pokemon crackhead when you buy the two versions and two gameboys :lol

-I wonder is there's going to be massive issues with the online pkm servers?

cvxfreak

VicAlpha said:
you know you're a pokemon crackhead when you buy the two versions and two gameboys :lol

Admittedly it's become a lot easier with Nintendo constantly releasing upgraded versions of their handhelds. :p

loosus

Banned
Chris Michael said:
Uh, you seem to be the one who's blowing things out of proportions.

You know, sports fans can get pretty wild. I recall one group of people crying because their team didn't win. But for what? Will it benefit them in any way? No. It's just fun (if you don't let it get to you too much) to root for something I guess. If people can passionately root for their favorite sports teams, then I say it's OK for people to root their favorite system/company in sales. Yeah, it's 100000000x more nerdy than sports, but it's the same premise.
I'm sorry, but soundwave is an exception. I'm not even really putting him down. I really think he gets into it way too much. I'd even go so far as to say that his health has probably taken some hit because of it. I bet he even actively thinks about this stuff outside of this forum.

Seriously, have you seen how he sometimes freaks out and posts like 10 times in a single thread about "what Nintendo should do"? Long posts, too.

I dunno. He just strikes me as a person he seriously might need help. And if he's disabled or something and just doesn't have something better to do, then I guess I can understand.

Vic

cvxfreak said:
Admittedly it's become a lot easier with Nintendo constantly releasing upgraded versions of their handhelds. :p
yep, the gameboy and gameboy pocket combo was frequent back in the days

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Tabris
Banned

typhonsentra
Banned

arrested2js2.jpg

kiryogi

Banned
I want PC numbers for PSU :eek: Supposedly thats the harder to find ver. It probably made up 200k combined :I believe that was the shipped number too: There's supposedly a wait on a reprint currently.

Vic

was I the only one hearing a banstick swifting left and right?? :lol

ethelred

BorkBork said:

Don't forget:

soundwave05
Banned
(Today, 01:39 AM)

Back on topic...

Though not terribly (remotely) surprising, Valhalla Knights' weak launch is pretty disappointing. Yeah, I know, PSP RPGs bombing left and right... but opening at #12 = ouch. It looked like a really high quality effort from MMV, so it's a shame.

Also, Rune Factory dropped quite low in its second week... but if it did about 20k, that's not bad at all (bringing it to 65k or so). Anyway, it's still on track for ~100, which has to be considered a positive result.

Nice Tingle sales, also. Like I said before, I think it'll be a great result if the game ends up selling just a bit less or even with Zelda: Minish Cap on the GBA (so 241k). We'll see how long it lasts.

Mario Basket is hanging on to consistent weekly sales REALLY well. 30k at this point is quite impressive. And what's more, it's just demolishing Mario Tennis for GBA -- Mario Basket now has a 139,075 lead over Mario Tennis: Power Tour.

And in case anyone's curious, Square Enix's DS average sales are now at 295,923.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Didn't even notice soundwave05 got banned. Now at least we won't get the Wii at $199 is not mass market argument ad nauseum...

apujanata

Tabris said:
Why are you people excited about/cheering on Pokemon?

Do you actually play Pokemon? or you just cheering for Nintendo cause it's your favorite company?

I have pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green, Pokemon Emerald, and Pokemon Ruby. I also plan to buy Pokemon Diamond (US version). My son also have Pokemon XD and Pokemon Colloseum.

Jonnyram

I preordered both Pokemons at lunchtime because I found a place that still has the preorder both to get a special figure campaign :D

linsivvi

Michirou_53 said:
That was mistake. It's Cho Soju Meka MG(Super Control Mech MG).

Back to the thread!

This is such a shame. Super Control Mech MG is actually a pretty good game. 140 mechs, all with different controls, a decent 3D engine plus one of the most creative use of the touch screen on the DS.

apujanata

ethelred said:
Though not terribly (remotely) surprising, Valhalla Knights' weak launch is pretty disappointing. Yeah, I know, PSP RPGs bombing left and right... but opening at #12 = ouch. It looked like a really high quality effort from MMV, so it's a shame.

Who publish Valhalla Knight ? SCE ?
It is a pity to hear that PSP's RPG game are not doing well. I have good memory of RPG on PSX and PS2, so I am quite surprised at this news. Anyone have any idea why this happen ?

I play some RPG on the go (Goldensun, M&L Superstar Saga), so I think RPG is a good fit for handheld.

GhostSeed

[OFF TOPIC] Holy f-bomb crap at the bannage. :lol [/OFF TOPIC]

GO! GO! PSU!!! Now where's my Wii version?
Also it's good to see Rhythm Tengoku doing well.

Surreal

There's probably no game in the world Sony could release to stop the DS's rampage. Sony's dev support is pretty decent, but Japan is in total DS-mania mode.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
VicAlpha said:

well, its to be excused if you have the big fatty and one color, right?

right?

i did buy the gameboy link cable for that game though to trade. and one multiplayer game at school =p

fresquito

Does any japanese here know if the good legs of Mario Basket has something to do with the world championship that's been running over there for the last few weeks? From what I've heard basket is not strong there but, you never know.

Jiggy

salva said:
SINCE this is alittle about pokemon. what colors are the carts going to be?
Whatever they feel represents a diamond and a pearl. Probably white/clear for Diamond, and for Pearl they could go white, pink, or black. Judging by the cover Pokemon, I'm guessing they'll pull a "Ruby/Sapphire" (blue Latios is in Ruby, red Latias is in Sapphire) and use white for the Diamond card with the black legendary Pokemon, and black for the Pearl card with the white legendary Pokemon...
But that's all speculation, in any case.

ethelred said:
Mario Basket is hanging on to consistent weekly sales REALLY well. 30k at this point is quite impressive. And what's more, it's just demolishing Mario Tennis for GBA -- Mario Basket now has a 139,075 lead over Mario Tennis: Power Tour.
I hate to see a top-notch title like Mario Tennis glossed over, but hey, if Mario Basket's sales mean that Square-Enix and Nintendo are encouraged by their first character crossover (SMRPG notwithstanding since none of the characters in there had been in previous Square games) in a not-so-mainstream Japanese gaming genre, we might just get a Nintendo/S-E Smash Bros. or Mushroom Kingdom Hearts yet.

Error2k4 said:
what are you trying to say? pokemons are excellent games, never mind the milking just play the main series games.

I've actually preferred stuff outside the main series for various reasons (Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Pinball, and the anime).

So, DS carts being reallocated to meet Pokemon demand? Scary. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem if the DS didn't have so many mega-sellers not called Pokemon.

ethelred

apujanata said:
Who publish Valhalla Knight ? SCE ?
It is a pity to hear that PSP's RPG game are not doing well. I have good memory of RPG on PSX and PS2, so I am quite surprised at this news. Anyone have any idea why this happen ?

I play some RPG on the go (Goldensun, M&L Superstar Saga), so I think RPG is a good fit for handheld.

No, it's published by MMV (Marvelous Interactive). Their other portable RPGs include... Rune Factory, Innocent Life, Legend of the River King, Contact, Luminous Arc, etc.

Jiggy37 said:
I hate to see a top-notch title like Mario Tennis glossed over, but hey, if Mario Basket's sales mean that Square-Enix and Nintendo are encouraged by their first character crossover (SMRPG notwithstanding since none of the characters in there had been in previous Square games) in a not-so-mainstream Japanese gaming genre, we might just get a Nintendo/S-E Smash Bros. or Mushroom Kingdom Hearts yet.

I dunno about that... but yes, it's certainly true that I'm sure both Nintendo and Square Enix are pretty pleased with things so far. Especially since the game is showing no signs of slowing down yet.

apujanata

ethelred said:
No, it's published by MMV (Marvelous Interactive). Their other portable RPGs include... Rune Factory, Innocent Life, Legend of the River King, Contact, Luminous Arc, etc.

Poor MMV. I feel sad for them.

I'm looking forward to Luminous Arc (English version). I also like SRPG, like Fire Emblem, FFTA.

mj1108

fresquito said:
Does any japanese here know if the good legs of Mario Basket has something to do with the world championship that's been running over there for the last few weeks? From what I've heard basket is not strong there but, you never know.

I'm amazed at the legs of the title too.... I thought originally it would sell the first week then drop off the charts....

DefectiveReject said:
do people purposefully go out to get banned?
Jesus we're less than a week away from the BIG SHOW starting and people wanna get banned?

Wait what? I thought TGS06 was Sep22 this year, does it start next week?

Chris Michael said:
Wait what? I thought TGS06 was Sep22 this year, does it start next week?
I said the big show starts next week.
So we have Nintendo's showing then TGS then X06. so yeah IT starts next week. And when its all over, we'll be a few weeks away from the main attraction

Oh that Wii show, completely forgot about that. :/ Meh, got my hopes up.

What are the odds that Nintendo will announce new DS (maybe even GBA) games at the show?

Mario Basketball legs are impressive, Cooking Navi too. Tamagotchi 2 looks like its going down...it needs a xmas boost to match the first one.

Nice start for PSU, near Xenosaga 3 and Persona 3 numbers.

Top Bottom