• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 1/1 - 1/7

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Nintendomination.
Wii sales will be more than 200k this week.
Great sales all around.
6 million sellers in the top 10.

lyre

cvxfreak said:
Pokemon total: 4,534,262

HOLY ****ING CRAP
HOLY ****ING CRAP indeed. And this is just two versions. The additional 3rd version will send this number through the stratosphere.

Anyone got the Red/Blue/Green/Yellow numbers to compare?

Snaku

Banned
mood said:
The top 15 are all nintendo.

msg116352753929ve2.jpg

starship said:
Nintendomination.
Wii sales will be more than 200k this week.
Doubt it. Last week Wii numbers were nearly the same as Wii Sports and Wii Play. Also, Famitsu for this week is 147K and they've usually had higher Wii numbers than Media Create.

Jiggy

Finally, the week I wanted to see for months: four three-million-plus DS games in the Top 10 simultaneously. Both halves of Pokemon D/P even, unlike last time. I don't think we'll manage to see five with Diamond and Pearl each individually, but it looks like they're definitely on track to each hit three million at some point--just don't think BA2 and Animal Crossing will still be hanging around when that point comes.

So yeah, where are our Pokemon and Mario charts?

Solsc

Amzaing numbers for games 1+ years old (im looking at you Brain Train and Animal Crossing)
Congrats to Common Sense Training for joining million club.
Looks like next week NSMB will join the 4 mil club along with Animal Crossing and Brain Age 2 to follow suit soon after.
That would make 4 one mil in just over 2 years! Has any console ever done that in there whole life span let alone 2 years

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Raw64life said:
16/ Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (PSP, Konami)
Well, that didn't last very long. I'm guessing everyone in Japan who wanted this game has already bought it, so the nosedive begins!

Mario Kart DS is more amazing than Animal Crossing ... that game has quietly like added another 1 million in sales outside of the top 10 ... that's freakishly insane.

starship

JoshuaJSlone said:
Doubt it. Last week Wii numbers were nearly the same as Wii Sports and Wii Play. Also, Famitsu for this week is 147K and they've usually had higher Wii numbers than Media Create.
But I think Media Create messed up last week. Actually Famitsu put Wii at 1,136k through Jan. 7th while according to Media Create it was at 918k through Dec. 31th. So IMO Wii will be more than 200k this week.

Doesn't this put Mario Kart over 2 million? Or at least, extremely close, since it probably sold 60-70k. I thought I saw a couple weeks ago, it was at 1.9m.

Leonsito

Bolded for impact (Nintendo related games):

1. (NDS, Square-Enix) Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - 266,827 / 860,820
2. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 166,011 / 732,719
3. (Wii, Nintendo) Wii Play - 141,702 / 664,512
4. (NDS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros. - 128,211 / 3,986,506
5. (NDS, Nintendo) General Knowledge Training - 109,752 / 1,063,093
6. (NDS, Nintendo) Brain Age 2 - 99,320 / 3,805,787
7. (NDS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing - 94,917 / 3,843,832
8. (NDS, Pokemon) Pokemon Diamond - 94,370 / 2,479,819
9. (NDS, Nintendo) Kirby Squeek Squad - 93,522 / 836,588
10. (NDS, Pokemon) Pokemon Pearl - 78,398 / 2,054,443
11/ Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo)
12/ Jump Ultimate Stars (NDS, Nintendo)
13/ DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (Wii, Bandai)
14/ Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Wii, Nintendo)
15/ Brain Training (NDS, Nintendo)

17/ Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii, Nintendo)
18/ Oshare Majô Love & Berry (NDS, Nintendo)

19/ Yakuza 2 (PS2, Sega)
20/ Kanji Test (NDS, Rocket Co.)
21/ Tamagotchi 2 (NDS, Bandai)
22/ DS Menu Collection (NDS, Nintendo)
23/ English Training (NDS, Nintendo)
24/ Pokémon Battle Revolution (Wii, Nintendo)

25/ Tales of the World (PSP, Namco)
26/ Seiken Densetsu 4 (PS2, Square-Enix)
27/ Yakuza - The Best (PS2, Sega)
28/ Momotarô Dentetsu (PS2, Hudson)
29/ Magic Taizen (NDS, Nintendo)
30/ Tetris DS (NDS, Nintendo)

starship said:
But I think Media Create messed up last week.
Why do you think that?
Actually Famitsu put Wii at 1,136k through Jan. 7th while according to Media Create it was at 918k through Dec. 31th. So IMO Wii will be more than 200k this week.
It's not like Media Create must necessarily play catch-up to Famitsu's numbers; they'd just continue to disagree on the total.
Here are the weekly comparisons
Famitsu / MC
371,936 / 350,358
109,068 / 85,439
101,956 / 108,237
(First of two combined weeks) / 279,277
406,158 / 96,332 (375,609 if you combine two weeks like Famitsu)
146,553 / ?

sp0rsk said:
6. (NDS, Nintendo) Brain Age 2 - 99320
7. (NDS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing - 94917

These games will never stop selling.

Yep. I can totally bet that you will still see all these freaks and the rest of the gang ( aka NSMB, BA, and God knows what they will produce next) at this exact same place next Christmas. And next-next Christmas. And NEXT-NEXT-NEXT Christmas again. And the Christmas after that. It absolutely won't stop until the DS is clinically DEAD.

My God...At least 7 million LTD for each of these games totally confirmed.

mind = blown

Stormbringer said:
Yep. I can totally bet that you will still see all these freaks and the rest of the gang ( aka NSMB, BA, and God knows what they will produce next) at this exact same place next Christmas. And next-next Christmas. And NEXT-NEXT-NEXT Christmas again. And the Christmas after that. It absolutely won't stop until the DS is clinically DEAD.

My God...At least 6 million LTD for each of these games totally confirmed.

mind = blown

Or until sequels to the games come out - see how the Brain Training declined quickly out of the charts after its successor arrived - which is maybe why Nintendo is branching out with "Common Sense Training" which can peacefully share Top Ten place unlike a potential Brain Training 3, which would kick the current one out of the running.

Whatever happened to Nintendo's wish to rerelease a new edition of Daredemo (Clubhouse Games / 42 Classics) in Japan with the wifi-mode? Daredemo had a nice LTD over the year(s) in the high teens, low twenties of the chart - the wifi'd sequel would probably pull some good numbers, too.

Nintendo probably is just sitting on Brain Training 3 and will release it whenever they feel they've gotten enough mileage out of BT2. I think BT3 probably will have online play and daily new tips/advice from Dr. Kawashima (sp?).

Solsc

Leonsito said:

19/ Yakuza 2 (PS2, Sega)

Nintendo top 24 confirmed?

DS after 6 weeks :

Super Mario 64 DS : 571,160 (36 %)
Wario Ware Touched! : 541,532 (34 %)

Wii after 6 weeks :
~ 1,2M

Wii Sports : 732,718 (~ 61 %)
Wii Play : 664,512 (~ 55%)

argon

I said wow. What an amazing chart for Nintendo in many ways..

- Top 15 all on Nintendo consoles / top 9 published by Nintendo
- Zelda moves up again?
- Pokemon D/P 4.5 million! both Pokemons 2+ million!
- AC, BA2 poised to hit 4 million. wow!
- Brain Training 1 is closing in on 3 million
- General Knowledge Training passes 1m and the rest of them will surely pass a million as well (Kirby, Wii Play, Wii Sports, DQMJ)

Remember those charts Nintendo made of Nintendogs and BT showing their sales rates over time? It would be great to have a graph like that for Nintendo's major games on this list.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
splattergnome said:
Or until sequels to the games come out - see how the Brain Training declined quickly out of the charts after its successor arrived - which is maybe why Nintendo is branching out with "Common Sense Training" which can peacefully share Top Ten place unlike a potential Brain Training 3, which would kick the current one out of the running.

Whatever happened to Nintendo's wish to rerelease a new edition of Daredemo (Clubhouse Games / 42 Classics) in Japan with the wifi-mode? Daredemo had a nice LTD over the year(s) in the high teens, low twenties of the chart - the wifi'd sequel would probably pull some good numbers, too.

Brain Training is at 15 and still selling a shitload. :lol

splattergnome said:

Of course, of course...I didn't though of the possible sequels at all, but this makes sense.

Snaku

Banned
It occurs to me that Iwata may be able to buy Heaven at this point, thus negating the need to rise to it. :lol

starship

splattergnome said:

Are you serious?
The game was out almost 20 months ago and still was at #15 in one of the biggest weeks of the year.

Jammy

Banned
That's a very impressive chart for Nintendo. Wii Sports and Wii Play will each sell one million in Japan alone within the next month. Wii game sales have been good worldwide. What's very telling is the fact that this was the first week DBZ: BT2 for Wii came out and yet I don't see it on the chart. It apparently sold around 40,000, though.

That stat is a great sign for the Japanese industry as a whole. What's also kind of shocking is that the game sold nearly half the amount that PS3's best-selling games have sold in just one week... and it's a port!

Coupling this with Wii's NPD sales (higher than PS3, but lower than expected, while still having good software sales), and Nintendo's only obstacle right now seems to be their production facilities... not Microsoft or Sony.

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Nintendo is almost selling TOO MUCH software in Japan. No room at all for 3rd parties. I see this and I am thrilled for Nintendo, but I also get very worried about all the Japanese 3rd parties. Most of them at least.

uccello

Leonsito said:

19/ Yakuza 2 (PS2, Sega)

It looks like you bolded the whole list.

Top Bottom