• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Sept

Neo_Dasus

Tarjeta Prepagada said:
I'm glad to see a 3rd party PSP game regularly in the top 10 nowadays.

It makes me smile :)

Really?

It makes me laugh, I get this akward feeling of pity and happiness.

Barf_the_Mog said:
I wonder how much longer you people can blame the DS' software sales slowdown on Pokemon.

face_plain.gif
!?

Viewtiful Darkness said:
Does it make you angry when a third party PSP game falls off the top 10 the next week?

No, because another 3rd party title takes its place soon there after. Everyone is getting a bit of the spotlight :)

Unlike DS where its either huge hit or huge flop, PSP software is very well rounded.

apujanata

cvxfreak said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. (PS2, SCE) Minna no Tennis - 226,976
2. (PS2, Banpresto) Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne - 75,007
3. (DS, Square Enix) Final Fantasy III - 57,057 / 655,533
4. (DS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers - 53,089 / 3,080,126
5. (PS2, Capcom) GOD HAND - 48,280
6. (DS, Nintendo) More Brain Age - 34,959 / 3,186,871
7. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Ridge Racers 2 - 28,232
8. (DS, Sega) Atama Scan - 27,890
9. (DS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing Wild World - 24,792 / 3,230,554
10. (DS, Nintendo) Cooking Navigator - 20,766 / 465,958

Top 10 chart as it should be. Some PS2, some PSP, beside DS.

6 DS, 3 PS2, 1 PSP.

It seems that Square2005's formula is not too accurate, especially regarding FF3.

apujanata

Tarjeta Prepagada said:
No, because another 3rd party title takes its place soon there after. Everyone is getting a bit of the spotlight :)

Unlike DS where its either huge hit or huge flop, PSP software is very well rounded.

WOW. Our junior member has speak, all of you should listen (and learn).

John Harker said:
uhh... we were talking about the Sports line by Camelot..

I'm pretty sure - and, I may be wrong here, I mean, I rarely post ever and I know next to nothing about videogames - I'm fairly certain Camelot didn't develop Wii Sports.

You said "Bye bye Nintendo sports." You didn't say "Bye bye Camelot-developed Nintendo sports."

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

Yes, because clearly 28,232 for Ridge Racers 2 is a rousing success

:lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Barf_the_Mog said:
I wonder how much longer you people can blame the DS' software sales slowdown on Pokemon.

Uh, what? No one is doing that. And what "slowdown" exactly?"

Tarjeta Prepagada
No, because another 3rd party title takes its place soon there after. Everyone is getting a bit of the spotlight

Unlike DS where its either huge hit or huge flop, PSP software is very well rounded.[/quote]

... No.

Nutter

Barf_the_Mog said:
Until Pokemon comes out?

So what if the software sales for DS have cooled down, what would you have us do?
Go in the streets shouting OMG DS is DOOOMED software sales are record breaking low?

apujanata said:
WOW. Our junior member has speak, all of you should listen (and learn).

Yes posting at a random internet forum for a longer period of time means your intelligence level is higher than those new to the forum...

Or does it mean you're so clouded by the double standards and slanted viewpoints displayed here that your intelligence actually decreases overtime?

Fresh air normally brings wiser words.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tarjeta Prepagada said:
Yes posting at a random internet forum for a longer period of time means your intelligence level is higher than those new to the forum...
Judging by your contributions to this forum so far, you're not helping the argument.

Dracos

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

:) .....:D .......:lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dragona Akehi said:
Someone is sounding a little mono-tastic today, or it just me?
Today? Read his post history. It's hilarious. Let's keep him around for some fun.

apujanata

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

Or does it mean you're so clouded by the double standards and slanted viewpoints displayed here that your intelligence actually decreases overtime?

Fresh air normally brings wiser words.

I beg to differ (to the part I bolded).

I never meant what you think I meant. (that I am smarter than you just because you are junior).

What double standards and slanted viewpoints you are referring to ?

How long have you been following the Japan Media Create's sales ? 1 month, 1 year, 5 years ?

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

So basically with the DS it's either huge or a flop, and for PSP it's always a flop? Yeah that's alot better. :lol :lol

apujanata

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

It is official. PSP software sales are "curvy" (and sexy to boot). PSP ftw.

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

SquareEnix was so pleased with their PSP software sales, they decided to announce several new Nintendo DS projects...

yayaba

Viewtiful Darkness said:
SquareEnix was so pleased with their PSP software sales, they decided to announce several new Nintendo DS projects...

Seriously. Who would've thought FFXII:RW would've been on DS.

OmegaRed

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

ken_boy.jpg

Yes, Yes, tell them how it is my boy. There is a special place for you in Sony heaven, that is, if you can afford the $600 admission price

apujanata

Some third party PSP first week and NDS first week (based on Famitsu) :

Code:
SD Gundam G Generation Portable	Bandai Namco	149,237
Monster Hunter Portable	Capcom	113,640
Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai	Bandai Namco	61,469
Tekken Dark Resurrection	Namco	54,764
DQ & FF in Itadaki Street Portable	Square Enix	48,818
Loco Roco	??	32,634
Nouryoku Trainer Portable 2	??	15,802
Monster Hunter Portable (PSP the Best)	Capcom	12,314

Final Fantasy III	Square Enix	501,701
Tamagotchi 2 	Bandai Namco	181,549
Tamagotchi 1 	Bandai Namco	150,072	MC
Digimon Story	Bandai	44,932
Kira Kira Idol Audition	Konami	41,326
Rune Factory Harvest Moon	Marvelous Int.	39,973
Rockman ZX	Capcom	37,136
Bleach DS	Sega	35,977	MC
Mushiking Greatest Champion e no Michi 2	Sega	26,141
Biohazard Deadly Silence	Capcom	20,380	MC
Pawapuro Pro Kun DS : Koshien ??	Konami	18,850

The one that have MC at the end is based on Media Create, not Famitsu

Link

The Autumn Wind
apujanata said:

You should keep it consistant with one source or the other.

apujanata said:

Code:
SD Gundam G Generation Portable	Bandai Namco	149,237
Monster Hunter Portable	Capcom	113,640
Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai	Bandai Namco	61,469
Tekken Dark Resurrection	Namco	54,764
DQ & FF in Itadaki Street Portable	Square Enix	48,818
Loco Roco	??	32,634
Nouryoku Trainer Portable 2	??	15,802
Monster Hunter Portable (PSP the Best)	Capcom	12,314

Final Fantasy III	Square Enix	501,701	
Tamagotchi 2 	Bandai Namco	181,549	
Tamagotchi 1 	Bandai Namco	150,072	MC
Digimon Story	Bandai	44,932	
Kira Kira Idol Audition	Konami	41,326	
Rune Factory Harvest Moon	Marvelous Int.	39,973	
Rockman ZX	Capcom	37,136	
Bleach DS	Sega	35,977	MC
Mushiking Greatest Champion e no Michi 2	Sega	26,141	
Biohazard Deadly Silence	Capcom	20,380	MC
Pawapuro Pro Kun DS : Koshien ??	Konami	18,850

he's right - look how much smaller the standard deviation is on the PSP games compared to the DS games.

apujanata

Link said:
You should keep it consistant with one source or the other.

Unfortunately I don't have the famitsu data for those games, so I can not be consistent. Maybe someone else who also track Famitsu's sales can help me get the Famitsu data for those games (Tamagotchi 1, Bleach DS, Biohazard Deadly Silence) ?

CVX, I know that you most probably have Biohazard DS first week sales on Famitsu. Care to share it with me ?

Does anyone else think that Square might be super pissed at Nintendo ****ing up their potential sales with stupid card shortages?

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

lmfao, wtf?

Check out Rune Factory, still in the top 30. Check out dozens of other games. Are you shitting me? Do you realize that many PSP releases don't even see the top 30, let alone the top 10? Not to mention that the average third party DS game sells more than the average third party PSP game.

mono jr.

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

I agree. There has been scientific evidence that suggests third party games sale better on the PSP than DS. When you take out titles like Tamogotchi and FFIII, there isn't much sales to go around for third party developers on the DS. I expect to see a plethora of PSP games at TGS: Sony doesn't need moneyhats to get good games on their systems.

Tarjeta Prepagada said:

This is in stark contrast to the Nintendo DS were everyone gets all of the spotlight all of the time when they produce games that aren't pieces of shit. (Actually, that will soon change, shit games will start selling well on DS simply by the fact that a shit game will still sell to some percentage of a population.)
Also what the hell is Atama scan by Sega? Is this something I could use in my shit selling well soon theory?

apujanata

AdmiralViscen said:
Does anyone else think that Square might be super pissed at Nintendo ****ing up their potential sales with stupid card shortages?

lmfao, wtf?

Check out Rune Factory, still in the top 30. Check out dozens of other games. Are you shitting me? Do you realize that many PSP releases don't even see the top 30, let alone the top 10? Not to mention that the average third party DS game sells more than the average third party PSP game.

mono jr.

I think the consensus here is that it is SE's fault for underestimating FF3 sales potential, not Nintendo's fault. Also it is a sad fact that FF3 was released only one month before Pokemon, so it is not easy for SE to recover from their forecast mistake. :(

Maybe, instead of him being mono jr., he is actually mono himself ? I am just guessing, I don't have any hard evidence that he is actually mono, instead of mono clone or mono jr.

John Harker said:
they makin budget PC titles now or something. Bye bye Nintendo sports games

Yeah according to Wiki they are making I Love Gold an online PC golf game. I REALLY hope they keep developing Nintendo titles though. Camelot has been one of the best teams of the past decade and it would be a damn shame to see them fade away.

PhoenixDark said:
I agree. There has been scientific evidence that suggests third party games sale better on the PSP than DS. When you take out titles like Tamogotchi and FFIII, there isn't much sales to go around for third party developers on the DS. I expect to see a plethora of PSP games at TGS: Sony doesn't need moneyhats to get good games on their systems.

:lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PhoenixDark said:
You've seen PSP titles selling in Japan? :lol

Did you just join NeoGAF a month ago?

apujanata

jj984jj said:
You've seen PSP titles selling in Japan? :lol

Did you just join NeoGAF a month ago?

He (Phoenix Dark) is in [monorojo] mode [/monorojo]. He has done that a few times, after mono was banned, to fill up the emptiness we all feel from losing him :).

Link

The Autumn Wind
apujanata said:
He (Phoenix Dark) is in [monorojo] mode [/monorojo]. He has done that a few times, after mono was banned, to fill up the emptiness we all feel from losing him :).
I guess he can take a break now.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Link said:
I guess he can take a break now.
Or get banned for it again. :D

Seriously, I thought he stopped that shit because he did get banned last time.

Bebpo

Banned
castle007 said:
God hand at #5??

It looks like a bad game. I don't understand why people here are hyping it

So sales = quality?

God Hand is amazing but c'mon it doesn't quite lend itself to something Japanese people would buy.

I mean it's probably 50000000x better than the Kenshin game. And I'm pretty surprised that Kenshin still has that kinda selling power in the first place. Maybe they should've been making more Kenshin games over the years?

Terrell said:
Answer: "ZOMGZ, Mikami decided not to cut off his own head to make this game!! It MUST be good for him to betray his word!!"

... or something to that GAF-esque extent.

Right.

Anyone who likes action games and doesn't give God Hand a shot (at least a rental or something that doesn't cost a lot of money) is an idiot, there I said it.

castle007

Banned
Bebpo said:
So sales = quality?

God Hand is amazing but c'mon it doesn't quite lend itself to something Japanese people would buy.

I mean it's probably 50000000x better than the Kenshin game. And I'm pretty surprised that Kenshin still has that kinda selling power in the first place. Maybe they should've been making more Kenshin games over the years?

No, I actually thought that it sold more than it deserved.

I don't like the game at all.

Minna no Tennis bitchslapping everything was expected.

GOD HAND will probably do 100-120k lifetime.

FFIII is actually selling at the pace I was expecting, although yeah, shortages and that. I still think it will just go past a million lifetime.

Bebpo

Banned
castle007 said:
No, I actually thought that it sold more than it deserved.

I don't like the game at all.

Fair enough. Like Ninja Gaiden and other tough action games it's not for everyone, which is why everyone should give it a try and see if it works for them.

medrew

Differences from Square2005's estimates

Minna no Tennis 4,024
Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne 20,993
Final Fantasy III 33,943
New Super Mario Brothers 89
Godhand 19,280
More Brain Age 1,959
Ridge Racers 2 13,232
Atama Scan 10,890
Animal Crossing 6,792
Cooking Navigator N/A

No where near correct, let's bury that hatchet.

Terrell

apujanata said:
Yes, I feel a similar emptiness after I've expelled an offensive bowel obstruction.

ethelred

Chris Michael said:
FFIII's sold 57057 this week...

Do people still think this'll reach a million? After Pokemon releases, it's all over.

Yes. It will. And why didn't you follow through on the bet you yourself proposed to me? :p

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bebpo said:
So sales = quality?

Right.

Anyone who likes action games and doesn't give God Hand a shot (at least a rental or something that doesn't cost a lot of money) is an idiot, there I said it.

Word.

Top Bottom