• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11 - 17 Sept

AniHawk

It's like I tell you guys, the Sony fanboys are reaching Nintendo fanboy levels circa 1996 right about now. We're seeing people who grew up with Playstation instead of Genesis or Nintendo, and we're seeing people who are rooting for a company that never lost a "war" before.

I imagine GameFAQs must be even more a mess than ever with all the new 13-14 yos entering. It'll be crazy if Sony, for some reason, fails completely and totally with the PS3.
Which they wont

AniHawk said:
It's like I tell you guys, the Sony fanboys are reaching Nintendo fanboy levels circa 1996 right about now. We're seeing people who grew up with Playstation instead of Genesis or Nintendo, and we're seeing people who are rooting for a company that never lost a "war" before.

I imagine GameFAQs must be even more a mess than ever with all the new 13-14 yos entering. It'll be crazy if Sony, for some reason, fails completely and totally.
Which they wont

Reminds me of Duke fans...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Tabris said:
Not all of them are juniors.

GAF has done a 180 though, before you could get away with trolling the Gamecube no problem, now it's the PSP. The opposite is also true, can't troll the DS and you couldn't troll the PS2 before without being banned.

This is a thread about numbers, there shouldn't be any trolling in the first place. The fact that you sit here and whine that you can no longer troll nintendo makes you look even worse than you already do with your godawful sdf avatar.

Jesus I need ot poll the mods on banning people with those *DF avatars. You might as well go outside wearing shirts that say "I am a manchild, this shirt is proof of how pathetic I am" all in capital letters on XXXL size t-shirts.

AniHawk said:

I imagine GameFAQs must be even more a mess than ever with all the new 13-14 yos entering. It'll be crazy if Sony, for some reason, fails completely and totally with the PS3.
Which they wont

Never thought of it that way, sounds good enough to be true.

sp0rsk said:
This is a thread about numbers, there shouldn't be any trolling in the first place. The fact that you sit here and whine that you can no longer troll nintendo makes you look even worse than you already do with your godawful sdf avatar.

Jesus I need ot poll the mods on banning people with those *DF avatars. You might as well go outside wearing shirts that say "I am a manchild, this shirt is proof of how pathetic I am" all in capital letters on XXXL size t-shirts.

Heh... first it was the Nintendo fans who were the manchildren, now the Sony fans?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
manchildren are really just dead fetuses that assimilated with you when you were born and reside there until the time is right.

sprsk

Chris Michael said:
Heh... first it was the Nintendo fans who were the manchildren, now the Sony fans?

It's anyone whos proud to be a fanboy whos sole job is to sit on the forum and spin shit all day.

It ain't console specific.

Tabris

sp0rsk said:

Look through my posts. I've never dissed on the Gamecube though.

I liked Wind Waker. Loved Metroid Prime. I even bought link-up cables and played the hell out of FF:CC and Zelda Four Swords with my friends. I thought it was a good idea.

I was just saying it was a complete opposite. I just think it's unfair how everyone can troll the PSP without any retribution but trolling the DS or Pokemon gets you a 2-week ban.

Oh well, last post in this thread or future sale threads as I like posting on GAF but I can't do anything about the PSP trolling anymore. Just not going to argue against it.

sp0rsk said:
It's anyone whos proud to be a fanboy whos sole job is to sit on the forum and spin shit all day.

It ain't console specific.

I was under the impression that a manchild was somebody who reminisced and loved a company because of their past successes.

ex: "FFVII is still amazing to this day, and I only buy Sony consoles in hope that I'll one day get a game that is as good or better than FFVII"

AniHawk

Tabris said:

I liked Wind Waker. Loved Metroid Prime. I even bought link-up cables and played the hell out of FF:CC and Zelda Four Swords with my friends. I thought it was a good idea.

I was just saying it was a complete opposite. I just think it's unfair how everyone can troll the PSP without any retribution but trolling the DS or Pokemon gets you a 2-week ban.

Oh well, last post in this thread or future sale threads as I like posting on GAF but I can't do anything about the PSP trolling anymore. Just not going to argue against it.

Okay. See you next week.

davepoobond said:
manchildren are really just dead fetuses that assimilated with you when you were born and reside there until the time is right.

20060322225506e576c377gz5.jpg

ethelred

Tabris said:

Where has the PSP been "trolled" in this thread?

It's a thread about numbers. If the numbers are bad, discussing them is automatically equated to trolling?

AniHawk

ethelred said:
Where has the PSP been "trolled" in this thread?

It's a thread about numbers. If the numbers are bad, discussing them is automatically equated to trolling?

Media-Create is trolling the PSP.

mj1108

I just got on now and I wondered why this week's MC chart thread had gotten so huge.....

Now that I read it, I see why....is this a SDF "training thread" for TGS?

sprsk

Tabris said:

No ones trolling the psp, were talking about numbers here, what part of that don't you get? Would you rather the thread be full of replies like "Aw lil psp, dont let nintendo get ya down you're doin great!"

If anyone is trolling anything the people in these threads are trolling the people who come in here and spin shit.

sprsk

Chris Michael said:
I was under the impression that a manchild was somebody who reminisced and loved a company because of their past successes.

ex: "FFVII is still amazing to this day, and I only buy Sony consoles in hope that I'll one day get a game that is as good or better than FFVII"

A manchild is a child stuck in a mans body.

Square2005 said:
What exactly is a 'defense force' anyway?
An army of console fanboys?

People who defend something as if they were their own girlfriend. ie. fanboys.

edit: well you edited your post, but yeah, it's basically an army of fanboys.

ethelred

sp0rsk said:
No ones trolling the psp, were talking about numbers here, what part of that don't you get? Would you rather the thread be full of replies like "Aw lil psp, dont let nintendo get ya down you're doin great!"

:lol

Square2005 said:
What exactly is a 'defense force' anyway?
An army of console fanboys?

Overzealous fanboys who spin facts and spew propaganda to make their chosen side look better. In the Media Create threads, it's particularly absurd given how titled reality is against their cause.

CorwinB

Tabris said:

All board the Waaaaahhhbulance !

The fact that you are able to post this in spite of your own post histe^Hory is proof of the contrary, actually. And please don't bother saying "Oh well it's the last time I post into one of those awful, DS-circle jerk, PSP-trolling Media Create threads" when we all know you will be back next week, and the week after.

CorwinB

Chris Michael said:
People who defend something as if they were their own girlfriend. ie. fanboys.

Except I'm not sure all of them have more than a theorical knowledge of this whole "girlfriend" thing...

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
CorwinB said:
Except I'm not sure all of them have more than a theorical knowledge of this whole "girlfriend" thing...

you have a good time with it, you buy it expensive accessories etc

and when the relationship goes sour, it stops doing it in certain positions, and gets cranky

apujanata

mj1108 said:
I just got on now and I wondered why this week's MC chart thread had gotten so huge.....

Now that I read it, I see why....is this a SDF "training thread" for TGS?

Idea for Future PSP/NDS bestseller :
"Fanboy training" or "Defense Force Training".

or maybe "Cooking Manchild".

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
davepoobond said:
you have a good time with it, you buy it expensive accessories etc

and when the relationship goes sour, it stops doing it in certain positions, and gets cranky

Sounds like my PS2...

wow, i was wondering if the hardware numbers hit...

a media create thread already nearing 200 posts without hardware numbers?

that's so rare nowadays, guess the SDF presence explains it though...

jesusraz

Terrell said:
11. (DS, Nintendo) Brain Age
12. (GBA, Nintendo) Rythym Tengoku
13. (DS, Nintendo) Mario Basket 3-on-3
15. (DS, Bandai Namco) Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2
16. (DS, Nintendo) Eigo Zuke
17. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Tales of Phantasia FulL Voice Edition
18. (DS, Nintendo) Mario Kart DS
19. (DS, Nintendo) Tingle RPG
20. (PS2, Sega) Phantasy Star Universe
21. (DS, Nintendo) Wi-Fi Mah Jong DS
22. (DS, Nintendo) Tetris DS
23. (PSP, Marvelous) Valhalla Knights
24. (DS, Marvelous) Rune Factory: Harvest Moon
25. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Taiko Drum Master (?)
26. (DS, Nintendo) Mecha MG

Sorry it's not complete.... I did my best.

I hate to break up the chit-chat, but any chance someone could finish this Top 30 off, please? :)

enishi

jesusraz said:
I hate to break up the chit-chat, but any chance someone could finish this Top 30 off, please? :)

14. (PSP, Konami) Yugioh GX

27. (PSP, Capcom) Monster Hunter Portable (Best Price)
28. (PS2, Sega) Fist of the North Star SE Pachisuro
29. (NDS, TDK) Kanji Training Game
30. (PS2) Pachisuro game

medrew

14. Yugioh Tagforce PSP
27. Monster Hunter Portable (?) PSP
28. Pachislot Special Edition PS2
29. Minna no DS Seminar: Kanpeki Kanji DS (Kanji training?)
30. Daito Giken Koushiki Pachi-Slot Simulator PS2

jesusraz

enishi said:
14. (PSP, Konami) Yugioh GX

27. (PSP, Capcom) Monster Hunter Portable (Best Price)
28. (PS2, Sega) Fist of the North Star SE Pachisuro
29. (NDS, TDK) Kanji Training Game
30. (PS2) Pachisuro game

Much appreciated :D By the way, I'm really impressed with the performance of FFIII, considering its low stock. Square Enix/Nintendo must be kicking themselves that more stock wasn't made available originally!

And Tingle's sold out...

Any word on what Rune Factory is at now? It's been chugging along for a couple of weeks now - has it passed 100,000?

Also, are there any total figures for Rhythm Tengoku or Mario Hoops? Both seem to be performing really well & I'd be interested to know what sort of sales they've achieved to date.

apujanata

Cosmonaut X said:
Any word on what Rune Factory is at now? It's been chugging along for a couple of weeks now - has it passed 100,000?

Also, are there any total figures for Rhythm Tengoku or Mario Hoops? Both seem to be performing really well & I'd be interested to know what sort of sales they've achieved to date.

Famitsu data, up to Sep 3, 2006 :
Rune Factory Harvest Moon 58,388
Rhythm Tengoku 101,860
Mario Basketball 3 on 3 264,259

Tomorrow we might get the latest Famitsu data (up to Sep 10, 2006).

Wow, RR2s debut is really bad, it'll most likely not even reach 100k.

Btw. a few weeks after the release of Tamagotchi 2 someone posted the weekly sales of both games. Could anybody update that (Tamagotchi 2 hasn't been in the top 10 for the last 2 weeks afaik, but perhaps someone can estimate it)?

apujanata said:
Famitsu data, up to Sep 3, 2006 :
Rune Factory Harvest Moon 58,388
Rhythm Tengoku 101,860
Mario Basketball 3 on 3 264,259

Tomorrow we might get the latest Famitsu data (up to Sep 10, 2006).

Cheers for that.

The RF numbers are slightly disappointing as I thought it had passed 75,000 by now. Assuming it doesn’t bounce up again, we’re probably looking at lifetime sales of <100,000 – do we have any indication of whether that would be deemed a success by the publisher?

Both Rhythm Tengoku and Hoops are doing well, though. It seems like Hoops could achieve something in excess of 300,000 yet which is pretty impressive for a handheld Mario Sports title, and 100,000+ for a quirky title like Tengoku is great – especially when it appears that it’s been by word-of-mouth rather than any great marketing push.

Lapsed

Banned
AniHawk said:

Which they wont

I still think the Xbox fans are going to be most disapointed. By early next year, the Wii or PS3 could rocket past Xbox 360 sales.

What interests me is how is Sony going to follow up the PSP years from now? They can't just put out a PSP2 with more horsepower and better graphics (and expect that to outsell competitors). How do you follow up in a market that has been successfully disrupted?

Xellotah

Lapsed said:
I still think the Xbox fans are going to be most disapointed. By early next year, the Wii or PS3 could rocket past Xbox 360 sales.

What interests me is how is Sony going to follow up the PSP years from now? They can't just put out a PSP2 with more horsepower and better graphics (and expect that to outsell competitors). How do you follow up in a market that has been successfully disrupted?

Easy with a PSP2
Screens

cvxfreak said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

1. (PS2, SCE) Minna no Tennis - 226,976
2. (PS2, Banpresto) Rurouni Kenshin: Enjou! Kyoto Rinne - 75,007
3. (DS, Square Enix) Final Fantasy III - 57,057 / 655,533
4. (DS, Nintendo) New Super Mario Brothers - 53,089 / 3,080,126
5. (PS2, Capcom) GOD HAND - 48,280
6. (DS, Nintendo) More Brain Age - 34,959 / 3,186,871
7. (PSP, Bandai Namco) Ridge Racers 2 - 28,232
8. (DS, Sega) Atama Scan - 27,890
9. (DS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing Wild World - 24,792 / 3,230,554
10. (DS, Nintendo) Cooking Navigator - 20,766 / 465,958

Crap. I thought Mario Tennis made it onto PS2.

verplant said:
Topstarts DS/PSP (Media Create): klick

... so 28k is less than the half RR 1 did at PSP-Launch!

Wow, Brain Training sold pretty crap first time around.

Top Bottom