• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/2 - 4/8

bud said:
old people are buying wiis together with wii sports/wii play. are they the people that are going to buy the new zelda and mario. will 3rd parties think omg wii is selling to old people these people won't buy the games we make but we will try with games lthat are 'suited' for the wii. think about it. imagine this being the case.
well, judging from the DS, and NSMB sales, whether or not Mario sells to the old demographic or not, it could well (and i'm not talking super paper mario here) sell the kinds of figures that wii sports did.

10 average ps3 owners buy in total 10 third party game between them (so far), where as ten average wii owner only buys about 4 wii games between.

but then the wii is outselling the ps3 at a rate of about 3 to 1, meaning that the market for 3rd party games is bigger on the wii, despite being a smaller percentage of the userbase.

numbers are fun!

Sales threads generally get boring once a trend has been established. Only large fluctuations will ever cause these threads to jump up again. That, or a new line of systems.

Thraktor

Souldriver said:
Well, this thread sucks. It's just not the same when everybody's faking it. :(

What do you expect? Real Sony fanboys won't even think to venture in here for a while yet, by which stage PS3 hardware numbers will be around to shoo them back out again.

Mar

Thraktor said:
What do you expect? Real Sony fanboys won't even think to venture in here for a while yet, by which stage PS3 hardware numbers will be around to shoo them back out again.

Makes me wonder where the die hard Sony fans will go. Considering it's selling badly across all regions. As the latest UK sales show.

It's good news for me though. If it sells bad enough hopefully it will get a good price drop. Once that happens I'm buying Motor Storm and new pants.

nli10

Souldriver said:
Well, this thread sucks. It's just not the same when everybody's faking it. :(

I agree, The UK figures were much more fun this week :lol

EUROPE IS THE NEW JAPAN CONFIRMED

santouras said:
10/30 is domination for sony? When the other 20 are nintendo, the ones they've apparently dominated over? Wow, I must be confused as to how thise whole domination thing works :p

Not a Simpsons fan I wager....

Vagabundo

Mar_ said:
Makes me wonder where the die hard Sony fans will go. Considering it's selling badly across all regions. As the latest UK sales show.

They will leave the boards and go into exile, until the PS4 hype train brings them back.

nli10

Vagabundo said:
They will leave the boards and go into exile, until the PS4 hype train brings them back.

Nah - I genuinely believe that the PS3 will be one of the hot Xmas items - 'ah yes, but wait for the holidays...' will be the new PS3 fan slogan. Still be outsold by Wii at that point though. 2008 is when the change over will start.

Datschge

Anyone keeping track of Level 5's game sales? I think since a couple weeks Layton is Level 5's most successfully selling game already (not counting DQ obviously
which we can compare to the combined series of (3?) Layton games once it's completed
).

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Musou DS is like losing a big chance as in Winning Eleven DS or Tales of the Tempest but even worse. Eww...
Well sure... the other two at least broke 100k. :lol

Really though, I think this just goes to show that DS owners don't want low end, watered down iterations of PS2 franchises. Tempest could've had a shot had it been a decent game though I think.

jrricky

Banned
blah, this thread is boring this week. Where are the 20 pages of back and forth-ness fans. Ill come back when there is something to talk (argue) about.

jarrod

Banned
Datschge said:
Anyone keeping track of Level 5's game sales? I think since a couple weeks Layton is Level 5's most successfully selling game already (not counting DQ obviously
which we can compare to the combined series of (3?) Layton games once it's completed
).
Going off memory...

Under 200k
-Dark Cloud (PS2)
-Jeanne d'Arc (PSP)

Under 300k
-Dark Chronicle (PS2)

Under 400k
-Rogue Galaxy (PS2)

I'd take that as proof that Nintendo owners don't buy shit, just because it's third party. Those that argue that Nintendo owners buy mainly Nintendo games seem to forget how lackluster most of the third party efforts were for the past two generations on Nintendo consoles.

ylvis_

Banned
This is the worst m-create thread in years. 75% of the posts are sarcastic posts like "Nintendo doomed" and "Nintnedo going thirdparty". I'm so ****ing tired of those posts. Yeah, I know you're being sarcastic but they're still irritating as frell!

Anyway, next week should be interesting:

- PW4
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Big Wii shipment

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ylvis_ said:
This is the worst m-create thread in years. 75% of the posts are sarcastic posts like "Nintendo doomed" and "Nintnedo going thirdparty". I'm so ****ing tired of those posts. Yeah, I know you're being sarcastic but they're still irritating as frell!

Anyway, next week should be interesting:

- PW4
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Big Wii shipment

I predict 300,000 sales and the rest sold by golden week.

Leaving Capcom struggling to get more copies in store.

It's great to see the PS2 finally living up to its potential. Hopefully Sony will gear future systems, like the PS3 and possibly a handheld, as low-cost, high-value systems to take advantage of their growing marketshare.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Boilerbird said:
It's great to see the PS2 finally living up to its potential. Hopefully Sony will gear future systems, like the PS3 and possibly a handheld, as low-cost, high-value systems to take advantage of their growing marketshare.

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!!

Boilerbird said:

That might be where the PS4 is heading, if of course things continue going as they are.

Haru

"Sutra-Writing Training DS"?
Haha, wow. And the business etiquette training game? :lol (I might get that one)
I do wonder what's next.

3rd parties all across the board have decided to work together to try their hand at the famed "DS Training" series. It's called "Manufacturing Training" DS, and it's aimed at all companies who have severe supply issues. Within this innovative game, there are solutions towards manufacturing and distribution for hours of fun and fantastic play. Also rumored to be multi-player, the gamer will have to seek partners out to increase production. Since all third parties are working on this new and innovative title, it is expected to finish in about a month or two.

Masklinn said:
Er...what?

The PS2's software sales, of course. The PS2 is apparently becoming a major player in this generation's console war because it's a low-priced, high-value console. My above post was (obviously) tongue-in-cheek (see the part about the PS2 "gaining" market share?), but there was a point in there. Japanese consumers aren't willing to buy a hyper-expensive console. Sony's priced themselves out of the console market with the PS3, and I think the bump in PS2 game sales bear that out - even the Sony loyalists who are still hungry for software aren't switching to the more expensive model.

Aadil

Banned
Cheesemeister can you maybe include the price of the game in your next charts for example:

01./00. [PS2] Naruto: Shippuuden N-Ultimate Accelerator (Bandai-Namco) - 75,453 / NEW ¥7,140

If you can I would be really great full.

jarrod said:
Well sure... the other two at least broke 100k. :lol

WE DS is nearly 170k and considering WE10 PSP did 120k (and WE9 PSP did 240k), we can say WE DS really did good even if Konami really put small efforts making it...

Aadil said:
Cheesemeister can you maybe include the price of the game in your next charts for example:

If you can I would be really great full.

I have the data already loaded up, I just need to figure out a nice way of presenting it if people want it.

jarrod

Banned
Moor-Angol said:
WE DS is nearly 170k and considering WE10 PSP did 120k (and WE9 PSP did 240k), we can say WE DS really did good even if Konami really put small efforts making it...
True. I wonder how WEDS did worldwide actually, it must've cleaned up in Europe?

Tempest sold 170k iirc, which isn't bad considering it's probably an upgraded mobile project they handed off to Dimps. Not great considering they shipped like 300k, but that's Scamco for ya. :lol

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm getting impatient, where's my March NPD thread? I thought today was the day?

donny2112

I look forward to Vinnk's sales report to see if he found any Wiis in his town this week. There were two last week. Supply is already catching up with demand is parts of Europe (at least Spain), and we could be looking at the beginnings of that here with Japan. Hopefully this supposed "big" Golden Week shipment that is a constant excuse for semi-lower weekly sales turns out to be correct, and there'll be a huge number sold around that time. We'll then see if that makes any difference on finding the Wii, in general, in Japan.

:( at Pokemon dropping off like it has in Japan. It'll probably do < 5.5 million combined, which isn't the "return to Pokemon glory" that some were expecting. It's still better than Ruby/Sapphire, though, IIRC.

I really hope Layton makes it to the U.S. :D

CoolTrick

Banned
That would actually be pretty cool. The more data, the better, I say.

I agree. Infact, why are only the front covers of the boxarts shown? I think the back cover should be displayed too, it's only fair.

We should also start sticking Famitsu reviews next to the games in there, too, so we can analyze Japanese buying habits vs. the quality of the game.

Also, the first post should not only include prices, but should include links to import the games. Afterall we've been given the boxarts, the website links, and soon the price, so we might as well make each Media Create sales thread a weekly Import topic! Yeah! Buy the latest, hottest games from Japan!

CoolTrick said:
I agree. Infact, why are only the front covers of the boxarts shown? I think the back cover should be displayed too, it's only fair.

We should also start sticking Famitsu reviews next to the games in there, too, so we can analyze Japanese buying habits vs. the quality of the game.

Also, the first post should not only include prices, but should include links to import the games. Afterall we've been given the boxarts, the website links, and soon the price, so we might as well make each Media Create sales thread a weekly Import topic! Yeah! Buy the latest, hottest games from Japan!

Hey CoolTrick. I bite my thumb at you.

cvxfreak

donny2112 said:
:( at Pokemon dropping off like it has in Japan. It'll probably do < 5.5 million combined, which isn't the "return to Pokemon glory" that some were expecting. It's still better than Ruby/Sapphire, though, IIRC.

It's actually tough to say what'll happen to Pokemon from here on out. D/P was the first time the games were released in late September instead of late November, so I think combined they're holding up quite well. I'm surprised NSMB seems to have gone ahead of them again, but they're still sticking ahead of Mario Kart DS, which sold an extra million or so without being in the top 10 for the majority of the time, IIRC.

I think there's a good chance of D/P selling over 100K again during the next holiday season, too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
so lame, was that like the only reason he joined the forum or something?

Deku

Banned
levious said:
so lame, was that like the only reason he joined the forum or something?

Assuming he's someone's joke account as Cool pretty much just trolls the MC threads whining about Nintendo, Cheese and everything else, I would say it is also an attempt to control the way the MC information is presented.

Top Bottom