• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales April 24-30

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ioi said:
Well just imagine when NSMB hits!!

And Starfox, Yoshi's Island 2, Kirby, Magical Vacation, Diddy Kong Racing...
I really can't. In 2005 the DS sold 4.15 million units in Japan according to MC, they already did half of that so far this year. It'll most likely break 6 million units sold in Japan this year which would put the LTD at about 12 million. That's just crazy after only 25 months.

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
I really can't. In 2005 the DS sold 4.15 million units in Japan according to MC, they already did half of that so far this year. It'll most likely break 6 million units sold in Japan this year which would put the LTD at about 12 million. That's just crazy after only 25 months.

10 Million by the fall! :D

littlewig

Banned
Nintendo's manufaction plants must be running 24/7. Not only have they exceeded their shipment expectations, they are also saving up for the European and American launch.

Geez, how many units can they actually make?

GBASP after 9 weeks: 0.72 million
DSL after 9 weeks: 1.22 million
Time for GBASP to reach 1.22 million: 20 weeks

"GBA after SP" after 9 weeks: 202K
"DS after DSL" after 9 weeks: 367K
Time for "GBA after SP" to reach 367K: 25 weeks

muttyeah416 said:
wow thats crazy it seems like all the other numbers combined wont even make up for the DSL numbrs
Totally. DS Lite has only been available for half of the year, but it's more than 1/3 of all hardware sales YTD.

luciferi said:
maybe Rev in Japan will sell like WiiDS...

mooohahahahahahahaha buuuhahahahaha I'm so funny it hurts!
If they can get it to do a fourth or third of DS, it will turn out better than GameCube.

cvxfreak

As a corollary:

DS after 9 weeks: 1,702,292
PSP after 9 weeks: 749,854

So the Lite is 500,000 behind the original model, but will probably "catch up" in a month or so.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
The DS...is...a...MONSTER. WTF people?! think about it, how come it sells 100k+ each week? it's mind blowing.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Wow DSL
I guess the previous week's low DS sales was cause of a shortage.
Yay tetris.

Ok, back to E3 stuff.

cvxfreak

jGuru said:
The DS...is...a...MONSTER. WTF people?! think about it, how come it sells 100k+ each week? it's mind blowing.

I think the shortages are almost over in the "there simply isn't enough" sense. It seems that the DS and Lite have moved into the "it just sells hell of a lot" category.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
cvxfreak said:
I think the shortages are almost over in the "there simply isn't enough" sense. It seems that the DS and Lite have moved into the "it just sells hell of a lot" category.

Lol I'll call it the Pokemon system. It sells like banana. It's gonna be interesting seeing the Wii's numbers considering their taking the same route with it.

jGuru said:
Lol I'll call the Pokemon system. It sells like banana.
Bush%20confused%202.1_a.jpg

CoolTrick

Banned

Being fair, it's not as if the actual install base would be near 12 million with all the DS rebuys after the Lite.

People keep talking about when the DS will level off to normal sales.
200 000 will be the normal sales with lows of 150 000 and highs of 250 000.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
CoolTrick said:
Being fair, it's not as if the actual install base would be near 12 million with all the DS rebuys after the Lite.
And the actual Japanese install base for the PS2 and GBA isn't really 20 and 15 million respectively. ;)

Top Bottom