• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: July 20-26, 2009

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
Because some people are dumb? I mean there's really no better answer than that. What you are describing is a stupid unfounded comment which we have been shooting down for at least a year now in every Media Create thread. You're new, so I don't know if you read the threads weekly before you got approved, but I think most of us regularly posting on sales threads here know why Wii third party games sell badly in general. It's a vicious cycle of poor spinoffs and weak efforts getting crappy sales because a) they look bad, b) first party software looks way better.

Yup. Things needed to be reversed and maybe some of those smaller games might have sold better.

test_account

XP-39C²
duckroll said:
Either way, I think what will interest most of us now is not the MC number, but next week's numbers. :)
Ye, i agree, i just wanted to say that if he wanted MH3 over 600k, maybe that it can still happend with the Media Create number (unless he wanted over 600k with the Famitsu numbers though) :) I agree, the next week's MH3 numbers should be interesting. I am looking forward to see how long legs MH3 will have. I wonder if MH3 could have really long legs like MH2P and MHP2G had/has.

caligula13

Gold Member
duckroll said:
Because some people are dumb? I mean there's really no better answer than that. What you are describing is a stupid unfounded comment which we have been shooting down for at least a year now in every Media Create thread. You're new, so I don't know if you read the threads weekly before you got approved, but I think most of us regularly posting on sales threads here know why Wii third party games sell badly in general. It's a vicious cycle of poor spinoffs and weak efforts getting crappy sales because a) they look bad, b) first party software looks way better.

i m not that new. i was surprised to see people with common sense here. the fanboys are probably still sleeping.

test_account

XP-39C²
caligula13 said:
ok, i understand. but explain me why do people say Wii doesn't sell software without looking at the quality of this software?
Duckroll have already answered on this, and i agree with what he says. I think that it is important to look at how big chance the 3rd party games would have to sell good before someone say "3rd party games doesnt sell!". The Wii hasnt really had too many big-titled 3rd party software releases yet (at least in Japan), so the chances that 3rd party Wii games could sell alot of copies have been relatively small (with maybe some exceptions, for example Dragon Quest Swords sold pretty good, at least in my opinion). Monster Hunter 3 is one example that big-titled and quality 3rd party games can sell pretty good on the Wii too as you said, i agree :)

markatisu

So MH3 in one entire sales week will be the highest selling 3rd Party Wii of all time and we learned that a lot of MH fans already had a Wii.

Nothing shocking to me, I have thought for a long time that MH fans were not shunning the Wii and since you can do 2 player co-op in your house would not need as many units as the PSP.

As for legs, MHG had some pretty decent legs to get to ~250k and it was just a port

We have been waiting for a 3rd party Wii game to deliver and now that is has we are debating whether it would have done better on another platform? Christ people you really love arguing :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
TheKingsCrown said:
I don't think I've seen it, but how does MHTri compare to handheld iterations first weeks, etc.?
First week sales (Famitsu numbers from Garaph.info) :

- Monster Hunter Portable 1 = 118,317

- Monster Hunter Portable 2 = 746,313

- Monster Hunter Portable 2 G = 823,265

These Monster Hunter Portable games might have been released on a Thursday though, so they might have had 2 more days of sales compared to Monster Hunter 3.

So does anyone else beside me believe MH3 will become a staple seller for the Wii, and that it'll sell hand in hand with the PSP version until god knows when? It's certainly big enough now to support two platforms at once. I see MH3 outselling MHP2G until MHP3 comes out, which is why I think Capcom will give it a little breathing room by giving it this holiday without releasing the portable version. MHP2G is still selling good (even got a bump this week) and being the handheld country that Japan is, the fanbase will naturally build up on the PSP and be ready for the next version whenever it's released. There is no need for Capcom to rush it, if it makes them the most money that way.

Ofcourse it's a tad bit early to be talking about MH3's legs but this is what Capcom would want.

near

Gold Member
Vinci said:
The MH fanbase is basically going to follow the series anywhere they have to, just like the MGS crowd followed that franchise from PS2 to PS3 without hesitation. So the core fanbase is going to be there eventually so long as the game isn't completely worthless. I think the Wii's userbase size gives the series the chance to expand to a larger group of players though than it would have on the PS3. But that's just a guess.

I disagree. I don't think the series has demonstrated it has a fanbase with that kind of loyality yet. The comparisons between MGS and MH need to stop, because we're looking at one series that pretty much depends on word-of-mouth (for prolonged sales), and the other on it's previous customers. There is more room for MH to grow in sales, however we've only seen it make it's heavy weight transition from PSP to Wii now. Up until this point the game has had content that appeals largely to portable gaming consumers, based on it's increase in sales from PS2 to PSP. Thats why MH3 sales over the next week should be really interesting. :p

carlo6529

It will be fun when the time comes to compare the sales of Monster Hunter Tri to Final Fantasy XIII.

They are roughly on the same lines of popularity in Japan?

markatisu said:
So MH3 in one entire sales week will be the highest selling 3rd Party Wii of all time and we learned that a lot of MH fans already had a Wii.

Nothing shocking to me, I have thought for a long time that MH fans were not shunning the Wii and since you can do 2 player co-op in your house would not need as many units as the PSP.

As for legs, MHG had some pretty decent legs to get to ~250k and it was just a port

We have been waiting for a 3rd party Wii game to deliver and now that is has we are debating whether it would have done better on another platform? Christ people you really love arguing :lol
What else are we supposed to do in our free time. Play a game or something.:D

TheKingsCrown said:
I don't think I've seen it, but how does MHTri compare to handheld iterations first weeks, etc.?
First weeks of all non-Best Monster Hunter releases, greatest to least, to the nearest thousand, as says Famitsu.

Code:
PSP MHP2G: 823
PSP MHP2:  746
Wii MH3:   583
PS2 MH2:   368
Wii MHG:   143
PS2 MHG:   128
PS2 MH:    121
PSP MHP:   118

faridmon

I am curious, and nothing else

why is everyone saying that 'MH Tri proves that a good 3rd part game can sell millions on the Wii' when MH is such a big franchise and can sell millions wherever it goes?

it doesn't matter if its goes to Wii or not. MH is much bigger franchise in Japan than ever before and will sell wherever it goes.

However, if games such as tales of Graces or Samurai Warriors sell good on Wii, THAT could prove something.......

and do I see Juon, the horror game bombing bad in Famitsu numbers? if yes, does,nt the point that says its really hard for a 3rd party game to sell on the Wii.

just playing a devils advocate here and would be happy if those theories is debunked.:)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Road said:
S-E not really, but Sony may be disappointed in knowing there's a high chance almost everyone that want FFXIII the first week already have a PS3, like what just happened with MH3.
It got a ~80k bump which is probably about 10% of MH3 purchasers, doesn't seem so bad. It does demonstrate that there currently exists a large untapped audience for big name games on Wii in Japan.

duckroll

BishopLamont said:
So does anyone else beside me believe MH3 will become a staple seller for the Wii, and that it'll sell hand in hand with the PSP version until god knows when? It's certainly big enough now to support two platforms at once. I see MH3 outselling MHP2G until MHP3 comes out, which is why I think Capcom will give it a little breathing room by giving it this holiday without releasing the portable version. MHP2G is still selling good (even got a bump this week) and being the handheld country that Japan is, the fanbase will naturally build up on the PSP and be ready for the next version whenever it's released. There is no need for Capcom to rush it, if it makes them the most money that way.

No, I don't believe MH3 can or will outsell MHP2G. I think MH3 can go on selling for some time, but not at the same rate as the portables. There are various reasons for this. The main appeal of MH is the multiplayer. With MH3, you have to pay a subscription to continue playing online. The game package comes with like a free month or so, but once that runs out I don't see a huge number of people continuing their accounts. You can play 2 player on a single machine sure, but that's hardly as fun as 4 players each with their own screen.

I see MH3 as being a large success because a large number of fans playing the portable versions will want to see what's "new" in the next installment of the series, and they'll be buying it to check out of the new monsters, and new gameplay/equipment and so on. But on terms of long term play and peer pressure to pick up a copy so you can play with friends and so on, MH3 doesn't have the extra edge the portable games do.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
faridmon said:

why is everyone saying that 'MH Tri proves that a good 3rd part game can sell millions on the Wii' when MH is such a big franchise and can sell millions wherever it goes?

it doesn't matter if its goes to Wii or not. MH is much bigger franchise in Japan than ever before and will sell wherever it goes.

However, if games such as tales of Graces or Samurai Warriors sell good on Wii, THAT could prove something.......

and do I see Juon, the horror game bombing bad in Famitsu numbers? if yes, does,nt the point that says its really hard for a 3rd party game to sell on the Wii.

just playing a devils advocate here and would be happy if those theories is debunked.:)
Ok to play devils advocate further, if the Wii is cheaper to develop for, and big name titles will sell wherever they go - why release any big name titles for the HD consoles at all? You are saying that publishers should release all their big name titles for the Wii, which I would like but it seems a bit excessive.

test_account said:
First week sales (Famitsu numbers from Garaph.info) :

- Monster Hunter Portable 1 = 118,317

- Monster Hunter Portable 2 = 746,313

- Monster Hunter Portable 2 G = 823,265

These Monster Hunter Portable games might have been released on a Thursday though, so they might have had 2 more days of sales compared to Monster Hunter 3.

JoshuaJSlone said:
First weeks of all non-Best Monster Hunter releases, greatest to least, to the nearest thousand, as says Famitsu.

Code:
PSP MHP2G: 823
PSP MHP2:  746
Wii MH3:   583
PS2 MH2:   368
Wii MHG:   143
PS2 MHG:   128
PS2 MH:    121
PSP MHP:   118

Thanks. So the Wii iteration, if its the same amount of days, is right in the middle of the previous games, and if its less days, is doing about the same probably.

duckroll

faridmon said:

Seems like Top Spin 3 on PS3 did even worse than Juon. I guess that proves that there's no hope for 3rd party sequels to sell on the PS3?

faridmon said:

To be fair, this will only be the second system Monster Hunter will have a million seller on it. So it's not exactly a proven seller on all systems. The sales of a single game can't dictate the sales for all other games on a system. Tales of Graces and Samurai Warriors will have different expectations, and so will Ju-On.

duckroll

I don't think Juon had any expectations at all. AQ Interactive is like, probably the worst or second worst publisher in Japan. Away on the DS sold like 1,700 in the first week or something.

caligula13

Gold Member
poppabk said:
Ok to play devils advocate further, if the Wii is cheaper to develop for, and big name titles will sell wherever they go - why release any big name titles for the HD consoles at all? You are saying that publishers should release all their big name titles for the Wii, which I would like but it seems a bit excessive.

great answer, honestly.

test_account

XP-39C²
markatisu said:
I guess that people wants to know/discuss if it was the popularity of the Wii or the Monster Hunter serie itself that is the biggest reason for the MH3 sales :)

BishopLamont said:

Ofcourse it's a tad bit early to be talking about MH3's legs but this is what Capcom would want.
I guess it depends on if MH3 has the same draw as MHP2G has. I am not really that into the Monster Hunter serie myself, but from what i have heard, the 4 player local co-op in MHPG2 is one of the things that makes the game so popular. MHP2G being on a portable gaming system might also be one of the things that makes MHP2G so popular.

Monster Hunter 3 has 2 player local co-op and 4 player online co-op. Unfortunately i have no idea how this compares (regarding popularity) compared to 4 player local co-op.

I could see that MH3 will have pretty long legs, but i guess it depends on how popular 2 player local co-op and 4 player online co-op compares to the popularity of 4 player local co-op. But i am sure of one thing at least, and that is that i think it should be very interesting to see how long legs MH3 will have :)

By the way, speaking of Monster Hunter co-op, does MH3 supports Wii Speak online, so people can talk to each other while playing co-op online?

duckroll said:
I don't think Juon had any expectations at all. AQ Interactive is like, probably the worst or second worst publisher in Japan. Away on the DS sold like 1,700 in the first week or something.

Exactly. I said everything has different expectations, it just so happens that Juon has none.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Shiggy said:
Did the PS2 have many third party million sellers? I cannot see any in this generation.
I didn't account for any best of versions or international re-releases, but this is what Garaph gave me:

Code:
Final Fantasy X:                      2,323,463
Dynasty Warriors 3:                   1,030,473
Onimusha 2:                           1,002,968
World Soccer Winning Eleven 6:        1,115,707
Dynasty Warriors 4:                   1,197,349
Final Fantasy X-2:                    1,960,937
World Soccer Winning Eleven 7:        1,085,082
Samurai Warriors:                     1,024,253
Dragon Quest V:                       1,611,974
World Soccer Winning Eleven 8:        1,059,585
Dragon Quest VIII:                    3,538,860
Kingdom Hearts II:                    1,129,196
Final Fantasy XII:                    2,322,329
World Soccer Winning Eleven 10:       1,050,236

I'm not sure how to do the even spacing thing without just adding spaces and using preview : (
It's some form of set width right?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

duckroll

Shiggy said:
Did the PS2 have many third party million sellers? I cannot see any in this generation.

The PS2 had FF, DQ, Dynasty Warriors, Winning Eleven, and Onimusha as the million selling third party franchises. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any non-franchise million sellers, so it was always all about the branding. of those series, 3 of them are no longer million sellers in their more recent releases, and FFXIII, FF Versus XIII and DQX are the only upcoming console versions of the remaining two franchises.

near

Gold Member
test_account said:
I could see that MH3 will have pretty long legs, but i guess it depends on how popular 2 player local co-op and 4 player online co-op compares to the popularity of 4 player local co-op. But i am sure of one thing at least, and that is that i think it should be very interesting to see how long legs MH3 will have :)

I think MH3 having legs will depend on how well Capcom does in appealing to new customers, who haven't played a MH game before. I suspect a large number of existing MH fans will pick up MH3, but the factors that made the portables succesful is being obstructed by idea of having to buy a new system which doesn't allow the same multiplayer feature that was apparent before, and also the subscription fees. New customers who are unaware of the advantages of the portable titles, will not be put off and therefore they are the people who would be the ones that would encourage friends and family to get the game. They would be the ones who would probably already own a Wii, and which would give the game the legs it needs.

test_account

XP-39C²
Shiggy said:
The PS2 has 17 million sellers in total, and 14 of these are 3rd party.

With "this generation" do you mean from when Xbox 360 was launched? If so, then the PS2 has two 3rd party millions sellers, Final Fantasy XII and World Soccer Winning Eleven 10. These 2 games were released after the Xbox 360.

http://garaph.info/gamesearch.php//stte/0/platform/PS2/stpl/0/stpu/0/sltd1/1000000/

EDIT: I see now that this has already been answered :)

duckroll

While there are 14 third party million sellers on the PS2, I think it's worth pointing out that it's really from like about 6 franchises, and like I've pointed out, half of those have stopped being million sellers since then.

duckroll said:
While there are 14 third party million sellers on the PS2, I think it's worth pointing out that it's really from like about 6 franchises, and like I've pointed out, half of those have stopped being million sellers since then.

I think Winning Eleven stands a chance at breaking a million when the World Cup comes around. It would help if the Wii version was released simultaneously though.

Vinci

Danish
poppabk said:

In truth, what should be done is that publishers should focus the development of certain series towards whatever platform they can take full advantage of. If a game concept simply cannot be done on a platform that is cheaper to develop for, then put it on one or both of the others; if it doesn't require HD or intensive online functionality to achieve its core appeal, then why bother with the added costs?

But that requires publishers looking at their franchises, really looking at them, and determining what the core appeal of the product is. Why did people buy it before? And once they figure out what the core appeal is, decide to possibly put a very popular series on a weaker system that makes its development less costly.

duckroll said:
No, I don't believe MH3 can or will outsell MHP2G. I think MH3 can go on selling for some time, but not at the same rate as the portables. There are various reasons for this. The main appeal of MH is the multiplayer. With MH3, you have to pay a subscription to continue playing online. The game package comes with like a free month or so, but once that runs out I don't see a huge number of people continuing their accounts. You can play 2 player on a single machine sure, but that's hardly as fun as 4 players each with their own screen.

I see MH3 as being a large success because a large number of fans playing the portable versions will want to see what's "new" in the next installment of the series, and they'll be buying it to check out of the new monsters, and new gameplay/equipment and so on. But on terms of long term play and peer pressure to pick up a copy so you can play with friends and so on, MH3 doesn't have the extra edge the portable games do.

Yeah I thought twice about saying that MH3 will outsell MHP2G, and yes there is alot of cons against MH3 but doesn't it all boil down to console vs handheld. I think the Wii does have alot of the more traditional players that are under served in the social gaming department. They never had the chance to build a community just like the PSP's userbase never had that chance until MH came to it. Yes its an uphill battle because of the PSP's headstart but I liken it to Mario Kart, where it can strive on both the Wii and DS due to the nature of the consoles itself. I'll admit this belief is biased towards my love for the Wii, because I really do want this game to start the trend so we can get better support for the console. It might be a bit too late to really change things, but at least we'll get the chance of a gem or two, which otherwise seems pretty slim at this point. Without proper third party support the Wii will not live up to it's potential and potential was the very thing that got me a Wii in the first place.

Oh almost forgot, I want this game so bad. :/

duckroll

Stopsign said:
I think Winning Eleven stands a chance at breaking a million when the World Cup comes around. It would help if the Wii version was released simultaneously though.

I wonder if there's a connection between the renaming of the series and the sales. Winning Eleven 10 was the last game to break a million in 2006. Since then they've started using years (WE 2008, WE 2009) instead. :lol

botticus

Nirolak said:
I'm not sure how to do the even spacing thing without just adding spaces and using preview : (
It's some form of set width right?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best way I've found is using tabs in Notepad. Usually copies over well, with some minor tweaks.

donny2112

faridmon said:

Anyone got the checklist of Nintendo console "exceptions" handy? I think this one is #2.

Nirolak said:
Well, we do have a 19 page thread on the front page debating whether the PS1 or N64 was better. :lol

N64 was the better tech. PS1 had more games (and way more load times).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
botticus said:
Best way I've found is using tabs in Notepad. Usually copies over well, with some minor tweaks.
Oh, you mean there's no direct command? That sounds like a good solution then. Thanks.

Busaiku

Monster Hunter had a pretty decent debut, not the best, but it's certainly nothing to scoff at.
Next week won't really tell if it can exhibit legs or not, due to the extra two days, but the third week is when we should be able to properly judge that. Unless of course it really drops off next week.

Dragon Quest IX is holding up well, it's still tracking ahead of VIII, but I believe it's still behind VII as well, though I don't have the weekly numbers for it, so I can't be sure.

Once again, Friend Collection continues to rise.
I'd already said it would be a million seller multiple times, but I think it's possible it can pull off numbers similar to Rhythm Heaven Gold. It is tracking behind it, but the legs are somewhat better.
If it can make it to the holiday season, I think it should be able to reach that mark.

I believe this is the sixth week for Wii Sports Resort, and it's not too bad.
It's not holding up as well as Wii Fit did, but I think things should turn around doing the holidays.

Puyo Puyo 7 did hold up pretty well, as expected, and it's had a pretty high debut for the series. It's the second highest on Garaph, behind Puyo Puyo Fever for PS2. This is already a higher number than the LTDs of most of the other titles on Garaph.
It managed to almost double its first day, and sold through about 61% of its shipemnt, a good debut for any game.
Puyo Puyo games tend to have really long legs, so I expect it to do very well in the long run.
I still don't think it will match the sales of the first Puyo Puyo on DS, but I think seeing how it does over the next few weeks will determine whether or not it can reach that.

Tenbatsu

583,000 in 2 fucking days? Wow! Anw kudos to Capcom for making this awesome game, well deserve it.

Ok back to playing MH3 Tri.....

test_account

XP-39C²
Near said:
I think MH3 having legs will depend on how well Capcom does in appealing to new customers, who haven't played a MH game before. I suspect a large number of existing MH fans will pick up MH3, but the factors that made the portables succesful is being obstructed by idea of having to buy a new system which doesn't allow the same multiplayer feature that was apparent before, and also the subscription fees. New customers who are unaware of the advantages of the portable titles, will not be put off and therefore they are the people who would be the ones that would encourage friends and family to get the game. They would be the ones who would probably already own a Wii, and which would give the game the legs it needs.
Ye, i think that this sounds possible too, i agree :) If Capcom can appeal to people who havnt played any Monster Hunter games before with MH3, then maybe MH3 can get some longer legs as you say, compared to if Capcom doesnt do too much to try to appeal to people who havnt played any Monster Hunter games before.

duckroll said:
Ye, that is a good point. These franchices has seen some fall in popularity indeed.

Vinci

Danish
donny2112 said:
Anyone got the checklist of Nintendo console "exceptions" handy? I think this one is #2.

Has anyone created an official list yet? It would be nice to have something to refer to on occasions when this comes up.

Vdragoon

duckroll said:

definitely agree with that spinoffs with no effort = no thanks.

Somnid

One thing that many people and devs haven't figured out is that local multiplayer sells games. The barrier to play it is low, if you know someone with a Wii you can jump in and play the full game and if it's good this often leads people to pick up the game and the system if they don't have it already. It also allows people to get into the muliplayer without having friends who also own the game and system. If anything I think local multiplayer is a big plus for Monster Hunter 3 and could greatly impact its popularity in the long run as it may well sell to new audiences. This will absolutely be true in the West but probably also in Japan.

The best selling Wii games have sold based on this effect. The multiplayer set up for MHP probably helped sales over the PS2 versions but I think people thinking that having your own screen is selling more games than letting people experience the game without owning a system are pretty off base.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
donny2112 said:

I think donny should be barred from any further discussion given his initial Tri prediction :)

gerg

Somnid said:
One thing that many people and devs haven't figured out is that local multiplayer sells games. The barrier to play it is low, if you know someone with a Wii you can jump in and play the full game and if it's good this often leads people to pick up the game and the system if they don't have it already. It also allows people to get into the muliplayer without having friends who also own the game and system. If anything I think local multiplayer is a big plus for Monster Hunter 3 and could greatly impact its popularity in the long run as it may well sell to new audiences. This will absolutely be true in the West but probably also in Japan.

Didn't duckroll say that the local multiplayer for MH tri was limited to only two players?

The best selling Wii games have sold based on this effect. The multiplayer set up for MHP probably helped sales over the PS2 versions but I think people thinking that having your own screen is selling more games than letting people experience the game without owning a system are pretty off base.

I don't think that people are suggesting that the PSP (and its separate screen for each player) is selling MHP, but rather that it's the other way around. If you enjoy social gaming experiences - either in their own right or for the experiences gaming socially offers - then a game that offers them will most likely sell the corresponding hardware. The question is of how much these gamers value these experiences (such as to pay for them online and to pay towards a new console).

These things feed themselves. The reason why MHP 2nd G is still so popular is because as more people buy the game, more of their friends become attracted to the game, and then more of their friends are attracted to the game, and so on and so forth. Eventually the series will sell to everyone who would ever be interested in it, and will stop experiencing growth. Nevertheless, I imagine that as long as the Wii version can start this cycle of outwards expansion, so to speak, then it should be relatively successful.

Xeke

Banned
WII: 93,000
DSi: 73,000
PSP: 33,000
DSL: 12,000
PS3: 8,100
PS2: 5,600
360: 2,600

01. [WII] Monster Hunter 3 (tri~) (Capcom) - 583,000 / NEW
02. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix) - 172,000 / 3,390,230
03. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 78,000 / 484,000
04. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 59,000 / 794,000
05. [NDS] Puyo Puyo 7 (Sega) - 51,000 / NEW
06. [360] Gears of War 2 (Microsoft) - 48,000 / NEW
07. [PSP] Armored Core 3 Portable (From Software) - 38,000 / NEW
08. [PS2] CR Shinseiki Evangelion: Saigo no Mono (D3 Publisher) - 38,000 / NEW
09. [PSP] To Heart 2 Portable (Aqua Plus) - 33,000 / NEW
10. [NDS] Okaeri! Chibi-Robo! Happy Richie Oosouji (Nintendo) - 26,000 / 66,000

11. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (Capcom) - 21,000 / 870,000
12. [NDS] Penguin no Mondai: Tenkuu no Senshi (Konami) - 20,000 / 76,000
13. [NDS] CR Shinseiki Evangelion: Saigo no Mono (D3 Publisher) - 13,000 / NEW
14. [PS3] The King of Fighters XII (SNK Playmore) - 13,000 / NEW
15. [PS2] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (Konami) - 12,000 / 82,000
16. [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (Konami) - 10,000 / 105,000
17. [NDS] Doki Majo Plus (SNK Playmore) - 9,400 / NEW
18. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 9,100 / 3,480,000
19. [PS2] Tsuyo Kiss 2 Gakki: Swift Love (Revolution) - 8,800 / NEW
20. [PSP] Boku no Natsuyasumi 4 (SCE) - 8,100 / 110,000
21. [PS3] Katamari Forever (Bandai Namco) - 8,100 / 37,000
22. [PSP] Shinseiki Evangelion: Battle Orchestra Portable (Broccoli) - 7,100 / NEW
24. [PS2] Lucian Bee's: Resurrection Supernova (5pb.) - 6,500 / NEW
25. [NDS] Pokémon Platinum (Nintendo) - 6,400 / 2,462,000
26. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 5,500 / 2,295,000
27. [WII] Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo (Bandai Namco) - 5,500 / 17,000
28. [360] The King of Fighters XII (SNK Playmore) - 5,500 / NEW
29. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) - 5,500 / 1,775,000
30. [NDS] Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou: Girls Motekawa Box (Konami) - 5,300 / NEW

xx. [PS2] Nuga-Cel (Idea Factory) - 4,400 / NEW
xx. [WII] Kyoufu Taikan: Juon (AQ Interactive) - 4,000 / NEW
xx. [PS3] Top Spin 3 (Sega) - 1,600 / NEW
xx. [NDS] Saikin Koishiteru? (D3 Publisher) - 1,200 / NEW
xx. [360] Gears of War Twin Pack (Microsoft) - 1,100 / NEW
xx. [NDS] Kutsushita Nyonko: Kutsushita o Haita Neko to Kurashi Hajime Mashita (D3 Publisher) - 650 / NEW

I think that with the MC numbers MH3 will be over 600,000 and the Wii will be over 115,000. Just a hunch. Anyway

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
I wonder if there's a connection between the renaming of the series and the sales. Winning Eleven 10 was the last game to break a million in 2006. Since then they've started using years (WE 2008, WE 2009) instead. :lol

You have no idea how much I wanted to see a game called Winning Eleven 11.

Top Bottom