• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

KoopaTheCasual

Good week.

How much did FF13 demo and movie sell? Wasn't it around 100k? And that was significantly cheaper, correct?

Bloodborne should open FW around 170k, but hopefully it has really strong legs due to all the positive word of mouth.

Edit: I stand corrected about FF13 demo sales, but circumstances are still way different in this case.

FF XIII demo came with with Advent Children Complete (which was an old movie) and sold 275k on first week.
You keep forgetting that Type-0 HD is expensive compared to your standard remaster. Even if there is a demo, you can't ignore this fact. The blu-ray was much cheaper compared to the game.

The Japanese already played Type-0 years ago and a re-release with enhanced graphics (they don't care about such stuff) is barely going to interest them. If it wasn't for the demo, I doubt it would have done any better in Japan.

I wonder if/when MS is going to pull out of Japan, the X1's number's in Japan are absolutely pathetic.

Right now it looks like it would be hard pressed to even reach a quarter of the sales of the OG Xbox in Japan.

There's no point pulling out of Japan if they're staying in other Asian markets, but they probably need to reduce staff down to like one person in a little shed if they haven't already done so.

allan-bh

You keep forgetting that Type-0 HD is expensive compared to your standard remaster. Even if there is a demo, you can't ignore this fact. The blu-ray was much cheaper compared to the game.

The Japanese already played Type-0 years ago and a re-release with enhanced graphics (they don't care about such stuff) is barely going to interest them. If it wasn't for the demo, I doubt it would have done any better in Japan.

What was the price for Advent Children Complete ?

What was the price for Advent Children Complete ?
I found this post by road.

FFVIIACC was a new version with added content, including the FFXIII demo for the price of 5,900 yen, also sold in a PS3 bundle for 49,980 yen. FFT0HD is a new version with removed content, including the FFXV demo for the price of 7,344 yen, also sold in a PS4 bundle for 50,738 yen. Consoles are dead and Final Fantasy is dying.

I already have all the excuses ready.

And yep, the removed content is the multiplayer from the PSP version of the game. Type-0 is already available on PSN in Japan for the Vita. If they want a portable Type-0, they already got one, and it also has the MP intact.

Great to see PS4 selling well. Hopefully this sales jump has legs. A proper console gen isn't proper unless Japan is on board. Sad to see Zero dipping this hard. Heard it's a game that's selling a little bit less than what it actually deserves.
Last gen was great on cosnsoles, there were not many Japanese games, except Nintendo´s.

I don't know why people are trying to stress that the somehow "good" sales of Type-0 HD are now "bad" or that the series is not as popular anymore.

Type-0 is already on PSN in Japan and playable on Vita. So those who wanted to play it, can already do so.

Japanese don't care for upgraded visuals so it is not like it was the selling point for them. The game was also exclusive to the PS4, which still hasn't sold much in Japan.

FFVII is insanely popular in Japan and of course this also leads to having much higher sales overall.

No matter how you try to spin it, it is ridiculous to use the sales of Type-0 to determine the popularity of the series in Japan.

It was really dumb from SE to not make a Vita version of type 0.
Vita version of Type-0 exists in Japan.

allan-bh

¥5.990 indeed is not much more cheaper than ¥7.344.

I think the issue here is that Final Fantasy is not appealing at the same level anymore. FF XIII hurt the franchise.

Famitsu Sales: Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

14./09. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 12.079 / 2.527.048 <80-100%> (-10%)

19./14. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 6.877 / 2.760.432 <80-100%> (-14%)

doubled !!!

e5RMEug4UjZO3AsccHwUAfPRjB-fOzUkW8sAwla3HKo=w399-h540-no

BadWolf

I don't know why people are trying to stress that the somehow "good" sales of Type-0 HD are now "bad" or that the series is not as popular anymore.

Type-0 is already on PSN in Japan and playable on Vita. So those who wanted to play it, can already do so.

Japanese don't care for upgraded visuals so it is not like it was the selling point for them. The game was also exclusive to the PS4, which still hasn't sold much in Japan.

FFVII is insanely popular in Japan and of course this also leads to having much higher sales overall.

No matter how you try to spin it, it is ridiculous to use the sales of Type-0 to determine the popularity of the series in Japan.

Well said, it is pretty funny to see people compare Type-0 to something FFVII related.

¥5.990 indeed is not much more cheaper than ¥7.344.

I think the issue here is that Final Fantasy is not appealing at the same level anymore. FF XIII hurt the franchise.
Well if this was the case, why is FFX|X-2 HD Remaster the best selling Remaster in Japan? Ahead of even Monster Hunter, Yakuza, Tales of and Kingdom Hearts Remasters?

Had to check out Type-0's original sales for PSP.

01./00. [PSP] Final Fantasy Type-0 <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.10.27} (¥7.770) - 472.253 / NEW

01./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2015.03.19} (¥7.344) - 92.094 / NEW

I wonder how the sales would've been without the FFXV demo...

allan-bh

Well if this was the case, why is FFX|X-2 HD Remaster the best selling Remaster in Japan? Ahead of even Monster Hunter, Yakuza, Tales of and Kingdom Hearts?

Because fans like an old good Final Fantasy.

I'm curious to see Final Fantasy XV sales. I'm betting will be kinda disappointing.

Spiegel

Sure, in a sales discussion thread we should neither analyse nor compare just to make you happy.

Nah, I just found your post a bit one-sided.
There are plenty of things to talk about this week and you only tried to disprove how any of the the three things you talked about in your post could be considereed as good news for PS4.
It made me smile, that's all.

Carry on.

Jamix012

Of course it will sell less. Who is saying that FFXV will sell more?

Have tunes really changed that much? I remember Psycho Mantis saying that 2 million was possible late last year. Granted he's pretty overly optimistic about anything on Sony platforms but...

Ha, interesting week.

Type 0 would have sold more on Vita, but Vita is not getting Final Fantasy XV.

Just like Revelations 2 would have sold more on the 3DS, but the 3DS is not getting Resident Evil 7.

Some publishers are trying too hard to revive the home console market in Japan. Poor them.

Next: Dragon Quest XI for PS4.

Takao

Banned
Famitsu:
GBA : Mario Vs. Donkey Kong ( Nintendo ) { 2004-06-10 } - 54,170 / 180,154
NDS : Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis ( Nintendo ) { 2007-04-12 } - 83,517 / 306,176
NDS : Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! ( Nintendo ) { 2010-12-02 } - 54,885 / 339,538
[3DS] Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars <PZL> (Nintendo) {2015.03.19} (¥3.024) - 9.128 / NEW <0-20%>
[WIU] Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars <PZL> (Nintendo) {2015.03.19} (¥3.024) - 3.331 / NEW <0-20%>

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Common logic dictates that it won't sell as well as XIII or past FFs. The hardware/software sales and market situation is just not the same anymore.

You post at every chance for the remaining FF big popularity in Japan and yet you expect another drop from the already low XIII sales. How are we gonna determine its real popularity?

I see a ton of people talking about it, much more than I see of any other game. The fact that it's so far away is shocking. It's pulling non-FF fans interested in it on top of FF fans.

A ton of people talking about were talking for XIII.

The issue that FF is not appealing anymore doesn't hold. FFX HD has an LTD 600k (3 million LTD, 14 years old). FF Type 0 was a remaster of a 4 year old game (700k ltd iirc) and not a traditional FF either. Unlike the West the main draw point for that high price would be the FFXV demo. Placing expectations by the Blu-ray, directors cut release of FF7 advent children (1 million across DVD and UMD in 1 year) is not fair.

150-200k is the range it should be aiming for I think.

L~A

Famitsu:
GBA : Mario Vs. Donkey Kong ( Nintendo ) { 2004-06-10 } - 54,170 / 180,154
NDS : Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis ( Nintendo ) { 2007-04-12 } - 83,517 / 306,176
NDS : Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! ( Nintendo ) { 2010-12-02 } - 54,885 / 339,538
[3DS] Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars <PZL> (Nintendo) {2015.03.19} (¥3.024) - 9.128 / NEW <0-20%>
[WIU] Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars <PZL> (Nintendo) {2015.03.19} (¥3.024) - 3.331 / NEW <0-20%>

Yeah, not sure having a download code for cross-platform was a good idea... Makes you wonder why Nintendo shipped that many copies to begin with.

BadWolf

I see a ton of people talking about it, much more than I see of any other game. The fact that it's so far away is shocking. It's pulling non-FF fans interested in it on top of FF fans.

It's also pretty much the only one of it's kind, there are no other big budget new gen JRPG's like this in the works.

Jamix012

This is just the people you hang out with, I feel. The buzz is less than FF13 IMO. Hell even in the JRPG sector I'd say Persona 5 had more buzz for the weeks surrounding its launch trailer and Kingdom Hearts 3 will most likely garner more attention when it ultimately shows some more footage of worth.

Meh, I remember more people being hyped for Versus than XIII then. This game is going to rack up a lot of new, western fans. Unless the game quality wise fails, this game is going to print a lot more money than FFXIII.

No way.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet retail store chain: preorders stats / comparisons, as of March 25th, 2015

[PS3] Dark Souls - 352pt**
[PS3] Dark Souls 2 - 196pt + 45pt = 241pt
[PS4] Bloodborne - 167pt

[PS3] 3rd Super Robot Taisen Z: Time Prison Chapter - 153pt
[PSV] 3rd Super Robot Taisen Z: Time Prison Chapter - 69pt
[PS3] 3rd Super Robot Taisen Z: Celestial Prison Chapter - 121pt
[PSV] 3rd Super Robot Taisen Z: Celestial Prison Chapter - 89pt

[PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment - 146pt + 81pt = 227pt
[PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song - 115pt + 108pt = 223pt
[PS3] Sword Art Online: Lost Song - 87pt

[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors - 682pt + 40pt = 722pt*
[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 237pt + 23pt = 250pt*
[PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - 33pt*
[PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 89pt
[PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 42pt
[PS4] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - 32pt

[3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - 50pt
[3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest - 57pt

[3DS] Kuroko's Basketball: Miracle Victory - 90pt
[3DS] Kuroko's Basketball: Ties to the Future - 53pt

[PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia - 23pt**
[PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - 47pt**
[PS3] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - 35pt + 22pt = 57pt*
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP - 19pt*
[PSV] Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - 30pt + 13pt = 43pt
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation - 21pt
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia U - 25pt
[PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation - 23pt
[PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II - 29pt

[3DS] Senran Kagura - 44pt**
[3DS] Senran Kagura Burst - 45pt*
[PSV] Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - 50pt + 50pt = 100pt*
[3DS] Senran Kagura 2: Crimson - 32pt + 17pt = 50pt
[PSV] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - 25pt + 19pt < x < 21pt= 44pt < x < 46pt
[PS4] Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - 20pt < x < 21pt

[PS3] Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten - 113pt + 44pt = 157pt**
[PS3] Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness - 52pt + 44pt = 96pt*
[PS4] Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance - 25pt

[PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 - 17pt
[PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 - 21pt

[3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - 19pt / < 19pt
[3DS] Bravely Second: End Layer - 21pt

[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - 42pt**
[3DS] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - 21pt / < 21pt

* = Comg preorder pts from 2012/2013
** = Comg preorder pts up to 2010/2011

Note: Comgnet's ratio between actual sales and pts has grown overall in the past year / years, and older preorder points are not as reliable for comparisons as most recent ones, especially if they are from years and years ago

Darius

Banned
Nah, I just found your post a bit one-sided.
There are plenty of things to talk about this week and you only tried to disprove how any of the the three things you talked about in your post could be considereed as good news for PS4.
It made me smile, that's all.

Carry on.

Rather than a smile you made the impression of beeing very upset and defensive, you didn´t even refrain from beeing offensive on a personal level, which actually doesn´t surprise me since you lack counter arguments. I mainly wanted to talk about two important franchises and so I did, deal with it.

crinale

Yeah, not sure having a download code for cross-platform was a good idea... Makes you wonder why Nintendo shipped that many copies to begin with.

Remember retailer expectations have quite a influence to the number of copies going out to the market.. for the first week at least.
Occasional stock problems happens if retailers do the reverse (that is, they become pessimistic about how many copies would be sold for a particular game).

Top Bottom