• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Universe gameplay trailers

The polygon characters kind of clash with the world, but looking forward to Mega Man with a stage creator. :D

Edit: Ouch, regular Mega Man does look pretty bad too.

That looked fucking awful, even worse than Gun Loco. Those kind of lazy 2.5D remake visuals are what I'd expect from a cheap ass XBLA release.

Eteric Rice

Every stage could pretty much be considered "bad art Megaman." It looks pretty terrible. :|

The gameplay looks fine, but it's just normal Megaman.

Azure Phoenix said:
That looked fucking awful, even worse than Gun Loco. Those kind of lazy 2.5D remake visuals are what I'd expect from a cheap ass XBLA release.

Yeah, this. : /

Bebpo

Banned
megaman model looks kinda of bad

otherwise looks cool. A little disappointed it's not a 3d game like MML though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jarosh said:
ouch. the regular rockman in the ign/1up trailer looks pretty much as shitty as the bad box art one :/

I think Rockman looks great. Mega Man looks terrible though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Looks like Powered Up with worse art direction.

I've been clamoring for Powered Up HD, so I'm good with that.

:lol Wow. I'll agree with two of them looking ugly but Rockman looks fine to me.

Ugh, I hate that I have to watch that stupid Resident Evil Afterlife trailer before the video on all 3 sites.

Cmagus

meh older megamans have never been the looker really as long as it plays fine thats all the matters imo.If it is user created content it would be cool if there was options to say make things in 8 bit and stuff like different styles

Kilrogg said:
What the hell, even regular Mega Man looks ugly. I used to think New Mega Man (à la NSMB) would be a great idea, but if this MMU game is any indication, I changed my mind.
Any idea can be great, but if the implementation sucks...

eXistor

Wow, I was so excited as to what the game would be, this looks...shit. The graphics are terrible, why the hell are the characters 3d? Basically it's gonna be LittleBigMegaMan from the looks of it. It's still gonna be interesting to see what the rest of the game will bring, but...disappointing to say the least.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Azure Phoenix said:

Even the Rocket Knight Adventure remake looks better visually, if only because the graphics are coherent.

@donkey show: I agree, but based on that MMU footage, an actual NMM game would have suffer from lackluster execution.

Cmagus said:
meh older megamans have never been the looker really as long as it plays fine thats all the matters imo.If it is user created content it would be cool if there was options to say make things in 8 bit and stuff like different styles
Older Mega Mans have never been lookers? Were you there at the time they came out? The Mega Man games looked so fucking good next to most NES games they didn't even have to upgrade the graphics much at all for six games and it still looked among the best stuff on the system.

Baha

The reason why these new mega man models look off is because they use the old 8-bit mega man animations, just look at the way they jump.

t4z6o6.jpg

Rockman looks good, let's hope we can play with the Powered Up version.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Older Mega Mans have never been lookers? Were you there at the time they came out? The Mega Man games looked so fucking good next to most NES games they didn't even have to upgrade the graphics much at all for six games and it still looked among the best stuff on the system.
Damn kids.

Foffy

Banned
..Why did they bother to make a Rockman and a Mega Man? And why did they bother to only make Rockman look good? :lol

Cmagus

Segata Sanshiro said:

I was there from the start and yes back then they looked great but i dunno not all looked amazing some of it was hit and miss.Also im sure this game is gonna be all flat colour backgrounds im sure if it is user stuff there will be tons of customization

Aeana

Mega Man looks like he's been Sonic'd, all super thin and lanky.
Rockman looks all right, I guess, if a bit on the chubby side. Something in between those two would have been nice.

Other than that... I don't know about this. Something just strikes me as being "off."

Haunted

rockman zx said:
t4z6o6.jpg

Rockman looks good, let's hope we can play with the Powered Up version.
I like how you already ranked them.

Man, seeing Mega Man botched like this, I can't help but feel they've done it on purpose. Maybe it really is a dig at Sonic Team and other failed design updates. :lol

dankir

Yeah I'm not sure about this... so are these megaman remakes with different playable characters??

Also I hate the jump animation why does the rear foot have to curl in like that, it's too pronounced. It should be like the original games.

So yeah what the hell is this???

Niblet

So the online part of this game ends up being frequent custom map updates by capcom? And you are expected to pay for this monthly? If I this is what it really is: :lol :lol :lol
Mega-Man devote may really enjoy it though.

Haunted

dankir said:
Yeah I'm not sure about this... so are these megaman remakes with different playable characters??

Also I hate the jump animation why does the rear foot have to curl in like that, it's too pronounced. It should be like the original games.

So yeah what the hell is this???
Man, that's exactly the thing I loved the most about this trailer, aside from bad box art Mega Man. :(

ezekial45

Banned
It look pretty underwhelming, but i think it has some potential. It looks like it has some influences from that flash game where you can play as nintendo characters in super mario levels.

With time, i think it could turn out decent.

FoneBone

Gameplay may be fun. But the art... well, there's a visually coherent way to do 2.5D and retain a retro aesthetic, but this isn't it.

So I guess Mega Man is supposed to look more like the one from the cartoon? That's a really bad idea. Call him US Cartoon Mega Man or something like they did Bad Boxart Mega Man, just calling him "Mega Man" straight is giving the wrong impression.

Rockman looks much better in the game.

Edit: A little annoying how all three trailers have that [) goof on the Ryu screen.

Top Bottom