• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Universe gameplay trailers

.la1n

If sonic 4 doesn't get a pass then neither does this dribble, make a real megaman game for this gen of consoles or GTFO, I don't know what this third rate slapped together crap is but I know quite a few people who could come up with something better crapped out in the morning after a long night of binge drinking.

Beth Cyra

.la1n said:
If sonic 4 doesn't get a pass then neither does this dribble, make a real megaman game or gtfo.
I already said I wasn't getting it but the saying this is anything like Sonic 4 is crazy.

At least there is nothing broken in here like Sonic being able to stand and spin dash at 90 degree angles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks almost quintessentially meh, even if they do have 1000 different characters to offer, which is a nice touch.

seady

So they made such a big deal about this revival and give it such heavy-weighted name, and it turns out to be just another Mega Man? Not sure what to think about it.

And :lol at the "Bad Box Art Mega Man"

Ledsen

Looks like shit. And why is there no link to this "bad box art mega man" trailer in the op? I watched both the IGN and 1UP trailers and there's no bad box art mega man :(

edit: oh he's only in the gamespot one

.la1n

TruePrime said:
I already said I wasn't getting it but the saying this is anything like Sonic 4 is crazy.

At least there is nothing broken in here like Sonic being able to stand and spin dash at 90 degree angles.

ok that did make me lol, true it's not broken mechanics so much as uninspired design which strangely enough is one of the only redeeming qualities of Sonic 4 is the graphics look pretty decent, coming out of sonic team anyway. I will just wait for Legends 3 whenever that day comes.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Little Big Planet
Megaman Universe

My guess is this is LBP with Capcom characters, but focused around platform shooter basic foundations you can turn into other things (hence having a character from a fighter, probably some other genres too).

Azure J

ultim8p00 said:
Looks lame as hell. People kept making Capcom think that the retro look is good. "OMG it's so oldschool! It's so cool and retro"

No, it's not. Retro games SUCK and they are UGLY.

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

fuck your childhood, you're fucking OLD

3d and shaders or gtfo

I commend you for making the first post in the history of my GAFfing that literally made me burst out laughing in the middle of public. :lol

Teknoman

Megaman looks like that because of:

megaman3-box-art.jpg

mm4boxart41910.jpg

250px-Megaman5_box.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Powered Up and MMX looked awesome on the PSP. But this looks all kinds of awful.

I say they just release Powered Up as a PSN/XBLA game. I'd buy it again. For the level creator alone.

Dechaios said:
It's something about the graphics and something about the whole idea behind this project that makes me think this way. It's not just gonna be megaman levels with new playable characters, it can't be...

Edit: Also, you are thinking of Megaman Online... yes they are two different products.
Oh wow, I had no idea...but I like it :D

udivision

This is a 360/PS3 game, right?

Eventually they'll reveal that thing that'll make you go "No wonder why it's for 360/PS3!"

...right?

Well, that looks craptastic. I wonder who is developing this. I'm actually more hyped for Mega Man Online, only because of that great anime trailer.

Wizpig

The three trailers / three characters thing is fucking awesome... genius... i also want Mega Man.EXE!

The 1Up trailer is the best since it features Rockman.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Jesus Capcom, just because you can get your art interns to make 3D models for you doesn't mean you should. I would much rather the whole thing was sprite only.

Though even if it was, it looks like it's just Mega Man with user-generated levels most of which will suck. Not too exciting.

ultim8p00 said:
Looks lame as hell. People kept making Capcom think that the retro look is good. "OMG it's so oldschool! It's so cool and retro"

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

3d and shaders or gtfo

It's been a while since I've actively felt the desire to punch someone in the face through the Internet. Thanks for that.

Twat.

mujun

thechristoph said:
It never fails to surprise me at how much the GAF collective seems to hate games that look like fun.

I'm equally as surprised as you that people think this looks fun.

Different definitions of fun lead to different opinions?

This game disappoints me the same way as Castlevania Harmony of Despair, in that both titles stemmed from seemingly good concepts but became marred by minuscule budgets and a general lack of effort.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
thechristoph said:
It never fails to surprise me at how much the GAF collective seems to hate games that look like fun.
We've all played Mega Man for more than 20 years, and we know it's fun.

The GAF collective is known for hating games that look like ass, though.

Beth Cyra

When they show X he better not have that Ugly ass look from X9, granted I would prefer Command Mission but I don't know if we will ever see that look again.

Nice, gameplay from 25 years ago, graphics from a flash game.

No way. Call me when Megaman really enters in year 20XX, instead of 198X.

Brazil said:
We've all played Mega Man for more than 20 years, and we know it's fun.

The GAF collective is known for hating games that look like ass, though.

Good point, but my point is that you play more than graphics. Sure, this game doesn't have the graphics of a masturbatory 40 million dollar HD money pit, but it's not meant to be. It's meant to be simple fun.

Lijik

Anticitizen One said:
Whats with all the hate? That actually looks really good. This is how next gen 2D mega man should be instead of the MM9 and MM10 games.
Really? Because it looks like how an illfated 2.5d classic Mega Man revival would have looked like at the start of last gen.

The player models aren't that bad, but everything else is atrocious from a visual standpoint.

thechristoph said:
Good point, but my point is that you play more than graphics. Sure, this game doesn't have the graphics of a masturbatory 40 million dollar HD money pit, but it's not meant to be. It's meant to be simple fun.
You can have simple fun without looking like garbage. Powered Up isn't on the same technical level as this but it sure as fuck looks better because its art style (or lack thereof in this game's case) isn't ass.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
thechristoph said:
We've only seen the graphics. We don't know anything about that supposed level editor or other functions of the game. And the gameplay seems to be exactly the same from the classic series.

We can only comment on the graphics.

And, well, considering that this trailer was supposed to "show what the game is about," hell, I'm not expecting anything special.

Edit: I wouldn't discard the hypothesis that this game was simply a way of trolling all the MM9 and 10 haters that wanted "NEX-GEN GRAPHIX". :lol

I think people are peeved because this was hyped up to be so much more... when it's just (from what was shown) more of the same Megaman gameplay, but with different skins for the player. Thats... not too exciting..

I'm sure there are a lot more exciting features they haven't shown, but they really should, because right now it doesn't look like anything new, and this was already done years ago in a much more appealing fully featured package called Megaman Powered up.

Kimosabae

Banned
ultim8p00 said:

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

3d and shaders or gtfo

Link to blog plz.

Top Bottom