• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Universe gameplay trailers

Luigi87

[Nintex] said:
So what's so special about this game, other than the fact that it's ugly and a romhack?

It costs money.
And anything that costs money is bound to be special... For the ones profiting.

Honestly, I'm just happy to see that the physics look intact. I don't really care if it's ugly. Mega Man Powered Up looked fucking ugly, too, and it kicked ass.

udivision

[Nintex] said:
So what's so special about this game, other than the fact that it's ugly and a romhack?
I did kinda get this "Hmm, another fan game that won't be released" vibe for a second there.

Luigi87 said:
Mega Man is an AMERICAN!
He's got on his angry-eyes, and is ready to kick ass, and take names.

This is clearly the case the art direction isn't anything special but it's not at all bad either, beyond the intentionally bad character models :lol

Game looks great, Little Big Megaman would be an exciting concept, I don't see what people are bitching over. It's Megaman with passable 2.5D graphics, have people stopped liking Megaman or is it just because people didn't see the Rockman model?

Aeana

Spirit of Jazz said:
This is clearly the case the art direction isn't anything special but it's not at all bad either, beyond the intentionally bad character models :lol

Game looks great, Little Big Megaman would be an exciting concept, I don't see what people are bitching over. It's Megaman with passable 2.5D graphics, have people stopped liking Megaman or is it just because people didn't see the Rockman model?
"Little Big Megaman" was done before on PSP, as Mega Man Powered Up. I'm personally waiting to see what's special about this, since you could already play, create and share levels years ago. Being able to play as different characters isn't quite enough, at least for me.

Oh my, I'm not sure what to make of it. They wanted to make it look like NES...? The character model for Megaman himself is atrocious!

Haunted

[Nintex] said:
I'll have you know that I've had some of my best gaming times playing ugly romhacks.

Boney

Banned
Aeana said:
"Little Big Megaman" was done before on PSP, as Mega Man Powered Up. I'm personally waiting to see what's special about this, since you could already play, create and share levels years ago. Being able to play as different characters isn't quite enough, at least for me.
Don't forget you could play over 10 different characters as well.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Aeana said:
It's easy to think of improvements they could implement to leapfrog Powered Up's implementations. Ability to rate levels, a decent level search, and being able to just select a level and play it right away (instead of having to download each one individually) would all be obvious and pretty huge steps toward a far better user-made level experience than PU.

You'll probably also be able to make levels with more than one tileset and enemy pack, I'd imagine.

MrMephistoX

WOW nerd tears at work...oh dear I'm getting vecklemped talk amongst yourselves.

[Edit] For Rockman of course lol the IGN trailer with Megaman looks deliberately bad.

Chavelo

Looks good to me! LMAO at bad box art megaman.

/remembers that he's on GAF.

Wait, no... I say we do a diablo III on capcom and "try" to come up with a better art direction with photoshop and paint. :p

Elixist

Dont judge a book by its cover, but this book seems to have been shit on, lit on fire then pissed on to put it out. Jeez the psp X remake looked 3 times as good as this. Could be fun tho who knows.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mega Man Looks terable! So glad they have normal looking Rock Man, but I really don't see why they made a good looking and bad looking version of the same character :lol

Not really liking the now loading screen though, would be much better if they just used normal Megaman sprites rather then what looks like a Megaman Sprite tossed though edge detection.

Your Megaman uglyfied :lol Anyway, it looks pretty cool to play, but this trailer don't give much detail about the hypothetical level editor and LBP like create & share feature. I wish they showed some gameplay with Ryu too, I'm still not sure if it's just a skin for Megaman or a brand new character with its own set of move.

ultim8p00

Banned
Looks lame as hell. People kept making Capcom think that the retro look is good. "OMG it's so oldschool! It's so cool and retro"

No, it's not. Retro games SUCK and they are UGLY.

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

fuck your childhood, you're fucking OLD

3d and shaders or gtfo

ultim8p00 said:
Looks lame as hell. People kept making Capcom think that the retro look is good. "OMG it's so oldschool! It's so cool and retro"

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

That's right, we're old. That means we have money. Money we can use to desperately convince ourselves we're not just a short stone's throw away from death's icy embrace. Get off my cloud, hippie.

Aeana

ultim8p00 said:

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

3d and shaders or gtfo
no u

ultim8p00 said:

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

3d and shaders or gtfo
:lol

TheOGB

Banned
lawl

Rockman and Ryu [No Way!!) are the only ones that look good (not crap) in this style. Mega Man looks like he jumped straight out of a DS game.

ultim8p00 said:

Pong SUCKS
Pacman SUCKS
Asteroids SUCKS
NES Megaman SUCKS
NES Metroid SUCKS

3d and shaders or gtfo
Say what you will about all the other games, but Megaman is still fucking awesome. I wasn't even born when it came out and it's still fun.

As for MMU... I can't watch the trailers right now but the 3 screens posted in the thread don't look as terrible as everyone's comments made me believe.
Then again they don't look particularly good either.

Dechaios said:
This game will totally let you make your own megaman levels.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I got out of it as well. I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not though, I haven't really read any real info on the game. I thought it was supposed to be an MMO...

DarkKyo

abstract alien said:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I got out of it as well. I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not though, I haven't really read any real info on the game. I thought it was supposed to be an MMO...
It's something about the graphics and something about the whole idea behind this project that makes me think this way. It's not just gonna be megaman levels with new playable characters, it can't be...

Edit: Also, you are thinking of Megaman Online... yes they are two different products.

sn00zer

story.gif

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Bad Box Art Megaman is officially my new favorite video game character! :lol

Enk

makes good threads.
YouTube?

My home computer is out of commision for a while and my work computer can't jump onto gametrailers. :'(

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me of shareware platformers from the 90s.

Top Bottom