• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Zemm

Rising is not going to sell as much as you think.

it will do better than DmC but that's about it.

The wonderful 101 will be platinums breakout hit.

Hmm, a game with a big name franchise behind it, on consoles with a combined 150m userbase, vs a new IP on a machine with a tiny userbase. I hope both succeed, but MGR obviously has a higher chance.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Because this needs to be in the OT clearly since he's moved in:
pXQ9NA2.gif

I don't know what Revengeance did to Akainu, whether some gruesome tragedy occurred to him and his face was held down to a screen displaying the re-reveal trailer over and over again during it until his mind just snapped, but you would have thought he'd have indulged in a little psychotherapy by now really. I mean for something he clearly dislikes so much he finds himself in every. single. thread.

Akainu

Someone revengify that and maybe I'll use it.

I don't know what Revengeance did to Akainu, whether some gruesome tragedy occurred to him and his face was held down to a screen displaying the re-reveal trailer over and over again during it until his mind just snapped, but you would have thought he'd have indulged in a little psychotherapy by now really. I mean for something he clearly dislikes so much he finds himself in every. single. thread.
Revengence killed my father...and raped my mother.

Carbonox

Because this needs to be in the OT clearly since he's moved in:
pXQ9NA2.gif

:lol

Definitely grating.

Buntabox

How has the Metal Gear Solid fanbase approached this game in general?

I'm pretty accepting of it. I like the minds behind the game. So I won't turn away from them specifically because it doesn't play like a standard MGS title.

I'm also at ease with the level of ridiculousness in it. I mean in MGS4 he does
stop an entire floating fortress with his arms
. I don't know why I spoiler tagged a 5 year old game, but whatever.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Originally with anger (He threw a Ray?!; No stealth!?), but have calmed down once MGS5 got "announced", the Rising demo came out, and "it's a spinoff" got drilled into their heads.

I'm pretty accepting of it. I like the minds behind the game. So I won't turn away from them specifically because it doesn't play like a standard MGS title.

That's what I figured/hoped. The fact that this is clearly labeled as a spin-off really drives home that they can enjoy it for what it is. It's loose cannon that's tangentially related to the mainline story, so they've taken liberties.

mattfabb

Banned
I kind of enjoy akainu trolling in this thread. He seems to be walking a fine line above outright trolling by asking obnoxious questions and pointing out inane details, all while ignoring or belittling the main features of the game.

So for example he pointed out that Raiden doesn't have claws on his feet (he does) so there shouldn't be sparks, all the while ignoring the fact that Raiden is pulling off some crazy matrix inspired move.

Bravo Akainu! Your line of critique is solid. I look forward to read more of you posts!

GringoJB

∀ Narayan;47713237 said:
Oh my god!!! I've largely been on a blackout for this game. Upon seeing this .gif I shat a brick.

NEXT TUESDAY!!!! YESSSSSS!

I know right?! My hype level has shot through the roof in the last three days alone...

God, MGR on Tuesday, Sony event on Wednesday, and now Wii U Monster Hunter demo on Thursday... next week is going to be straight-up crazy.

jett

D-Member
Rising is not going to sell as much as you think.

it will do better than DmC but that's about it.

The wonderful 101 will be platinums breakout hit.

Yes, I'm sure a new IP coming out on a console on life support will sell more than a Metal Gear title on the PS3 and 360.

edit: I think W101 looks fucking awesome and I hope it's a huge hit, but it is what it is.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes, I'm sure a new IP coming out on a console on life support will sell more than a Metal Gear title on the PS3 and 360.

Ouch. :(

So this has turned into the Donte must Cry vs Metal Gear Raiden thread now, huh?

Spoiler: Neither of them match the King and Prince of the genre: Ninja Gaiden: Black and Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, respectively.

But MGRaiden is more fun than Donte and Raiden's cocky-ness matches Dante more than Donte's.

joe2187

Banned

actually he stops it with his feet and back...he had only one arm at that point..

I'm very eager to play this - so much so that I think I'll break out Bayonetta and Vanquish this weekend - both of which I have never fully finished. I'm really not sure why - I adore both games!

Krecik

Review copy. :p

Oh, you lucky, you! ;)

Actually, could anyone with a review copy answer me this one question - is there an option to change difficulty during a playthrough, or is it one saveslot = one difficulty? I think answering that would ok, embargo can't be that strict.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The jizzing will commence very soon. Until then I'll be playing some Peace Walker this weekend. :)

Top Bottom