• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

rvy

Banned
boss-raidenepuai.gif

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

DJwest

So on what system are you guys getting it? I have all my MGS games on playstation but tried the demo on 360 and it felt so comfortable.... A bit torn here. Anyone tried the demo on both consoles and preferred the dualshock3 ?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Played it on both and it plays comfortably on both so I'm grabbing the PS3 version for the V-Sync and the high quality cut-scenes. Might buy it for the 360 at a later time since I have no incentive to do so now.

BD1

Banned
So on what system are you guys getting it? I have all my MGS games on playstation but tried the demo on 360 and it felt so comfortable.... A bit torn here. Anyone tried the demo on both consoles and preferred the dualshock3 ?

Lucky for you this is MGR, not MGS! ;-)

JPKellams

Is there an AU delay, or is this another Konami question!

//Works at developer, not publisher.

Konami, sir. I'd burn myself out if I had to work on the game and on the retail distribution/dlc distribution/marketing/publishing, etc. I like making games. Publishers are really good at, and the best place to ask, about the rest of that stuff.

akainu said:
Oh hey you're right can you tell me who the mech designer is?

Nope. You'll just have to wait and play the game. :)

(Finally, I have my revengeance!)

PS3 has HD cut scenes and VR missions so I'm going with PS3.

Akainu

Also I can't really tell does the Raiden in the suit have the heel on his shoes? If not does that make the character model a bit shorter?

Esura

Banned
I just can't find it in me to get that US Limited Edition. Looks nice but...that price...

Cannot wait to play this game....after I move... :(

Knowledge bomb.

Also, JP, can you help me out with some information? Is the instrumental cd that comes with a pre-order going to be the same songs as the entire soundtrack release, minus vocals? Or is it something else?

Do you mean the CD that's part of the Premium Package? I just checked on the main site and tha Premium Package contains:
[ソフト]METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE
[音楽CD]METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK PREMIUM PACKAGE EDITION
     (特製スチールブック入り)
[ブックレット]METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE YOJI SHINKAWA ART BOOK
[グッズ]仔月光フィギュア(マグネット内蔵・2体)
[フィギュア(限定仕様)]METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE PLAYARTS改 雷電 White Armor Ver.

カスタマイズ用ボディ『サイボーグ忍者』ダウンロードコード

Game
Soundtrack
Art Book
Magnet x2
Raiden Figure
DLC Codes for skins

Scrolling down, there is a listing for the Vocal Tracks CD and its playlist, but the site states that the CD in the Premium Package is different from this CD, so the Premium Package CD is just an instrumental soundtrack (number of tracks is not specified).

JPKellams

Knowledge bomb.

Also, JP, can you help me out with some information? Is the instrumental cd that comes with a pre-order going to be the same songs as the entire soundtrack release, minus vocals? Or is it something else?

It is the in-game instrumentals. The vocal tracks/instrumentals are on the vocal track CD.

It is the in-game instrumentals. The vocal tracks/instrumentals are on the vocal track CD.

So....the instrumental album won't have any of the tracks that have vocals, period? Sorry, I think you've laid it out simple, but my brain is having a hard time at the moment.

Or, will like, for instance, the track with vocals that plays in the demo when you fight the boss, will that be on the instrumental album, just minus the vocals?

deim0s

http://platinumgames.com/2013/02/14/geared-up-for-metal-and-some-dubstep/

Finally, a bit about the soundtrack CD themselves. There are two different CD releases scheduled. The first is the Metal Gear Rising OST, part of the limited edition package, which features the instrumental tracks from the game. The second CD is called “Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Vocal Tracks,” which like its name implies, features all the vocal tracks from the game. The contents of both CDs have no overlap, so only by getting both soundtracks will you be able to complete a full collection of music from the game. I’m sorry if this is sounding like a sales pitch, but I wanted to make sure fans aren’t misled by the multiple packages and make the right purchases. There are plenty of times that a lack of information has led me to purchase the wrong soundtrack myself.

Hmmm...

xso3ITm.png

Sgblues

So JP, can you talk about the lamp? Is it worth it?(as a valid reason to get the LE besides the soundtrack and steel book) Any videos of it?

demidar

Well, since the Au copies are delayed until the 26th, I'm probably gonna import but I want to know a few things.

-Any DLC for the game that might require creating a different region account?
-If I import for example a NA copy, will it be compatible with DLC from the EU/Aus store?

Carbonox

I'm watching the skill upgrades video and it looks like the SlashDodge (officially called Defensive Offense) has to be purchased.

Additionally, there is an Aerial Parry but that too needs to be purchased.

deim0s

I dont understand how people can be ok with this. You've already paid for the limited, why not provide both vocal and instrumental?

Oh no wait, Money.

True, I initially thought that the OST has all 29 tracks on it. Probably that's just for the JP release?

Never liked the Linkin Park vocals but I'll make an exception for this, for some reason got me hooked. ;)

Looking through the weapons trailer again, it seems like the armored moves for the pincer blades don't negate damage received, and charged moves will slice enemies apart before you get a chance to zandatsu, both of which suck for getting good ranks. Sort of suspicious of its utility now.

Sais have both descending and ascending red hot kicks (ala Bayonetta), which would be pretty cool. I wonder if blade mode canceling can work like jump cancels in DMC to increase the combo utility for that weapon.

Riposte

If they were going to make a cheesy commercial, they should have made one about cutting. Probably along the lines of a barber or butcher going into slow motion and kicking the person/meat into the air to go crazy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BTW have fun with your copy EatChildren! can't wait to see some impressions from you. :)

Unfortunately I'm under embargo until the 19th. All I can tell you is the game is the worst game I've ever played.

Top Bottom